Disneyland Restaurant Advice

bjmort

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

my trip is coming up on April so will be making restaurant reservations soon.

Just wanted some some advice one what everyone thinks of my plans. Restaurants you would change, days you would maybe change to maximise time blah blah blah

we arrive at midday on the first day and our flight at lax back to Australia is at 1030 pm on the last day. If there is no restaurant listed then it is quick service somewhere.

21 - Friday
Lunch - Naples/Catal
Dinner -

22 - Saturday
Lunch - Carnation cafe 11:30
Dinner - Steakhouse 55 5:30 (early so we can make it to world of colour)

23 - Sunday
Breakfast - Cozy Cone
Lunch - angels stadium
Dinner -

24 - Monday
Lunch - Carthay Circle frozen reservation 11:30
Dinner - Napa rose 700

25 - Tuesday
Lunch - Cafe Orleans
Dinner -

26 - Wednesday
Lunch - blue bayou
Dinner -

27 - Thursday
Lunch - plaza inn
Dinner -

Have you looked into the World of Color dinner packages? We've done that a few times in the past. The last one we did was at Carthay Circle in DCA, which was fantastic! Great atmosphere and good food. And it gave us "free" fast passes for a reserved viewing area for WOC. It was a pretty awesome view in a roped off area just to the right of dead center, with plenty of elbow room to move around.

We are kinda lazy, so if we were to do WOC we would eat dinner that night in DCA. We would eat a nice sit down dinner, walk around DCA for a couple hours and maybe do some attractions (maybe even try to get a fast pass before dinner for a time after dinner?) or just soak in the sights. There's a few attractions in DCA that don't have crazy wait times like Tow Mater, Under the Sea, Golden Zephyr and Luigi's that would be fairly easy to do between dinner and WOC.

Have a great trip!! Enjoy Disneyland!

I would do a lighter counter service lunch prior to a Steakhouse 55 dinner, not a table service sit down meal...you wanna go there hungry.

Carnation Cafe can be a very filling meal.
I agree with ParkHopper1, Carnation Café can be very filling. I would, however, still eat there. Perhaps you can switch Cozy Cones with Carnation Café. If you go to Carnation Café during the week, you might be able to get a photo with Oscar. He just celebrated his 60th anniversary with Disneyland. He has a breakfast special named after him on the menu too!

I try to make Carnation Cafe reservations during a Main Street Parade... then ask to be seated outside. I do the same in CA Adventure at Wine Country Trattoria. My youngest is 13, so we're happy with just hearing the music and seeing parts of the parade!

I also agree with pp and suggest watching for Oscar. He's wonderful!

I love Catal. We normally do dinner there. If you time it right and sit on the balcony, you can see the fireworks.

Keep in mind that in-park reservations are more like putting your name on the list. Generally Carthay Circle and Cafe orleans have short waits. (Carthay is even better because there is a lounge/bar and the service is quite attentive). The popularity of Blue Bayou has linger wait times. (If it's just for 2, you will be fine.)

For your Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou reservations, I would aim to make a reservation for the first seating time (e.g., 11:30 am at Blue Bayou). At the Blue Bayou, the first seating gives you the best chance of a waterside table with the shortest/least wait. A waterside table is well worth it! At Cafe Orleans, we usually request a rail side table for the best opportunities to do some people watching while eating (Cafe Orleans has a great view of NOS).

Thanks all!

ive spent 12 months putting this together slowly.

After looking at at all the menus with the wife, we have decided to skip Napa Rose as the menu doesn't excite her and it's so expensive.

We've also gotten rid of Naples/Catal on day one and moved carnation cafe there so we now only have 1 reservation per day.

Insi Di want to experience napa rose but for the price of the food does t excite the wife I dunno if it's worth it.

You are better off with only 1 reservation per day.....it's always a lot of food! You can always check out the napa rose lounge for appetizers and drink, or drink and dessert or just dessert!
Also, agree that 11:30 res. is best at Blue Bayou.....go about 15-20 minutes early and request a waterside table. It's the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter