• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Resort Rookies Day1

I Intrigue You

Addicted to the mouse
Cast

Me: 31 trip planner and trip reporter
Chief: 31 , DH
Bunny 10, DD

Pre-trip info:

Since we had been to WDW several times Chief decided that we should try something different this year and for some reason he was pushing DL while Bunny and myself really wanted DL Paris but as you can tell Chief won this time.

We found a pretty good trip package on Expedia so we booked it and all we had left to do was watch the days slowly tick by.

Day 1 June 24, 2004

I was unable to sleep the night before so when the alarm went off at 2:30AM was knew I was in for a very long day. With the car loaded and everyone ready we left at 4:00am and we arrived at the airport by 4:30am. We arrived at the United counter and found a huge line. I have no patience so I'm quite restless and finally when we reach and agent we are told that we need to check in with US Air because United and US are sharing this flight I was so angry because we now had about 15 minutes until our flight started boarding. We run to the other end of the airport thankfully there is no line and we get our boarding passes. We make our flight just as they are calling final boarding I hate being late. The rest of our trip was pretty smooth although Chief was quite unhappy on our OC flight because there were several babies who cried for the last 2 hours of the flight. I just turned my headphones up and advised him to do the same.

Once we reach OC we got a cab. I was very impressed with the Cab's they were so clean and all the drivers had on ties and opened doors. Once I saw the traffic on the roads I was so glad we decided not to rent a car. Our trip from the aiport to the Ho Jo was $35.00 with tip. I thought it was resonable.

We checked into the hotel and our room was ready .......I really wanted to take a nap since I was unable to on the plane but the excitement of being there was too much for me to handle so, we unpacked and headed off to DL. Before I forget......We were in room 1114 in the main bldg. The room was very clean and we never heard any noise from the interstate or from the hallways. I was very pleased with our choice. I was so worried about staying offsite but after talking with several people I'm glad we made the choice to stay at the Ho Jo.

Upon arriving at Disneyland I was most excited about seeing the castle. I know that this has been said a lot but we were all shocked at how small the castle was. I guess I never really believed that it was so small but it really is. We walked through fantasyland and decided to head over to Pirates but it was closed and the CM's told us to just keep checking back because it would reopen later that night. We headed off to Haunted Mansion and picked up FP's. Everyone was pretty hungry so we grabbed some burgers and watched Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We all really enjoyed the show. After dinner we went back to check on Pirates and it was still down so we used our HM FP's. This ride seemed just like the WDW one. Pirates was still down so we went walked through adventureland and decided to see the Tikki show. WOW this was really different from WDW. I'm so glad we got to see it in the original form. At this point of the evening I was getting really tired but I decided I wasn't ready to leave yet so we went on Small World.......I was so tired at this point that I was falling asleep. Chief and Bunny said I really needed to go to bed so we went back to the Hotel and I went straight to bed. Chief and Bunny went to the Hot Tub but they tell me it was quite chilly so they didn't stay long.

Stayed tuned for day 2:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter