Disneyland Resort Advice

kkbutterfly

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a quick trip to Disneyland in kid September and I'm looking for hotel advice. I'll be flying in Thursday morning and flying home Sunday, but will be leaving DLR Saturday late, taking an Uber to LAX and staying overnight there to catch my flight in the morning.

I'm torn on which hotel to choose. I want to stay on Disney property. I've stayed twice at the Disneyland Hotel and have liked it. I think I want my first experience at the Grand to be when I can devote more time to think resort.

I'm torn between Paradise Pier and the DLH. I've never stayed at PP and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed by it and will wish I stayed at the DLH. The price difference for the two nights is about 200, something I can afford, but wondering if it's worth it.

Has anyone stayed at both? Do you think the upgrade to DLH will be worth it in the end?

I'm looking forward to Paint the Night and seeing Fantasmic again along with the incredible things at Pixar Pier!

Thanks!

If you aren't doing much resort time as your post seems to imply, I don't think it matters as much. If you are planning to use the morning EMH than I'd stay on property, but if you won't use those or many of the resort amenities I would still consider something just across Harbor.

As for DLH vs. PPH, I'm not sure I'd spend an extra $100 per night for it. If you've never done the PPH this might be the trip to see if you do like it.

PHXscuba

We have stayed in all 3 park hotels and now unless things change, we only stay at the GCH(my wife wont stay anywhere else) Just easier to stay there for our visits. WE ARE SPOILED.

Jack

PPH would be our choice. We have stayed at all three. Our first choice is the Grand but at $500+ a night we only stay there when we get a really good deal. Our next choice is PPH. We just felt DLH wasn’t very disneyish and were pretty disappointed.

Thanks everyone. Even though I could get a better rate at the Hilton I'm going for the EMH and I like being on property. I'm starting to lean towards PPH because it will be a quick trip, I can say I've as stayed there and I'll save GCH for next visit. I already miss the DL run Disney events because it gave me an excuse to come out every year!

I have stayed at all three and you can't go wrong either way. If you get a theme park view at the paradise per hotel that is the way to go. The view is amazing! I also thought the rooms at the paradise pier were the best because they are huge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter