Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Agreed. I gotta think it’s coming. Maybe even at the same time this festival starts- at least one! It makes sense to start with the Grand since that’s where the DVC Villas are.
I agree. Fingers crossed.

The park closed on my birthday. What a great birthday celebration for me if it opens on the 14th. I might have to go on the Ides of March if it does. :)

Once we get to red tier numbers, I think DLR will pull on the DVC-side and ready to open when red tier and then move to full Grand reopening if continues progress --- at least that's what I'd do if they let me drive things :)

Hooray!

I like unions (I'm in one) but yeesh, one would think the unions would have been happy for their members to get some part-time work!
Me too. I think the unions were thinking it would be opening sooner and wanted to push DIsney. I couldn't understand why Disney wouldn't follow in Knott's footsteps (or actually lead Knotts) then I had the opportunity to chat with someone and the lightbulb went on. I knew there was no way Disney would miss out on this money!
Happy about this as well, but hopefully this isn’t them ceding that opening is still more or less a pipe dream.
I think it is to tide us over til they can open (which may not be til June or July (and I am guessing July.))
I wish they would reopen the Disney Resort Hotels with these upcoming openings and keep them open,
I wish they would too, however, the costs would be huge to a small crowd and too many people would be doing the "Disney is gouging us now that they reopened."

I copied and paste from the article, for those who can’t read due to paywall.
Disney California Adventure will launch a food and beverage experience that is expected to kick off in mid-March during the spring season when the Anaheim theme park typically runs an annual food and wine festival.

“Currently planned to begin mid-March, we will debut an all-new, limited-time ticketed experience, focused on our world-famous food and beverage offerings from around the resort, the latest merchandise and unique, carefully crafted entertainment experiences,” Disneyland president Ken Potrock said in a letter to cast members.

The limited time food and beverage event will bring more than 700 Disney cast members back to work in addition to the 230 employees that have already returned to work along Buena Vista Street, according to theme park officials.

“Teams are working as we speak to start recalling identified cast in the coming weeks,” Potrock said in the letter.

Disney California Adventure and Disneyland closed in March 2020 and are unlikely to return to full operation until spring or summer under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. DCA’s Buena Vista Street returned for shopping and dining in November.

The new ticketed event is targeted to launch in mid-March, take place multiple days per week and include some entertainment but no parades or attractions.

Many of the details of the new DCA food and beverage event have yet to be announced.
There isn’t a name for the event, a description of what it will involve, how much of DCA will be involved, when it will start or how long it will run.
The event will be ticketed but a price has not been announced and it remains to be seen if the free Buena Vista Street experience will continue or not.

One thing is clear: The new Avengers Campus will not be part of the new event. Additional details on what may be offered to legacy annual passholders will be announced at a later date.
Exciting news. From the way it is written, I don't think it will be a Food and Wine event. I'm picturing familiar, comforting foods being available. Plaza Chicken, soup bowls, etc.

I would love that. The old Food and Wine event wouldn’t work with current tier systems (you can’t order alcohol without a meal right now).
I went to the Knotts event twice and they had stations where you could order just alcohol. And I think they were in purple...eventually moved to red....but the menu had the saloon areas on their released food guides when the county was in purple.

I would love that. The old Food and Wine event wouldn’t work with current tier systems (you can’t order alcohol without a meal right now).

Not to mention, a F&W style event wouldn't be too kid friendly and I don't think Disneyland is trying to make this an adult oriented event, specifically. I think they are trying to make a family friendly event here.

Didn't stop food and wine at DCA before. Disney has shown you can entertain both kids and adults concurrently. It will be an expanded food and wine offering.

Taste of disney for sure would be the ideal headline.... Dole whip popup and bengal bbq popups are must haves. Put them by pixar pier to draw them to that side.....and perhaps, maybe, the outdoor arcade will be open! Let's make epcot jealous of dca taste of disney 😎

can you copy and paste the text please, as its behind a paywall :)
The coronavirus pandemic could bring a new way to purchase Disneyland tickets and annual passes that breaks the day into parts to help spread out crowds and increase revenue when the Anaheim theme park reopens with capacity restraints following an extended COVID-19 closure.

Disneyland is considering “day-parting” annual passes by time of day similar to the way the park offers convention attendees twilight tickets that are good for evening admission.
Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock said during an interview with reporters that passholders would be surveyed about a new membership option that will replace the Anaheim theme park’s annual pass program.

“There’s nothing off the table as we begin to think about things that are important for people,” Potrock said. “Whether it’s the number of times that they visit on a product offering. Whether it’s when. Is it midweek or weekend? Is it morning or afternoon? Is it day-part oriented? It’s all of those kinds of things that we’re incredibly curious to hear back from the guests about.”

Disneyland and other California theme parks are unlikely to return to full operation until spring or summer under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. Disneyland’s new membership program will be unveiled at a later date — presumably after Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopen.

Day-parting is a simple idea that does just what it sounds like — break the day into parts. The notion of day-parting is a familiar one in the restaurant industry — think breakfast, lunch and dinner — and in broadcast television scheduling with daytime, prime-time and late-night programming.
Disneyland already has a dayparting model in place: After Dark special events like ‘80s Nite, Villains Nite and Sweethearts Nite. Disney does something similar with the separate admission Oogie Boogie Bash after-hours special event during Halloween.

How could a day-parted annual pass or daily ticket work at Disneyland?
Disneyland sells Twilight tickets to meeting, convention and special event attendees. The Twilight tickets — typically good after 4 p.m. — cost $93 for one park and $127 for a parkhopper in 2019.
Walt Disney World offered a Mid-Day Magic Ticket valid after noon at any of Disney’s four Florida theme parks in 2019 when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge debuted. The Mid-Day Magic offer, which has since ended, cost as little as $79 a day when purchased as part of a multi-day pass.
Disney World has also sold $69 Twilight tickets — typically to convention attendees — good for one park after 5 p.m.

Through the years, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion and Alton Towers have sold Twilight tickets that could be used after 3 or 4 p.m.

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea offer full day and partial day tickets to any visitor — not just conventioneers. The Japanese parks sell a $53 Starlight ticket for visitors arriving after 3 p.m. and a $41 evening ticket for those showing up after 6 p.m.

A similar day-parting strategy could be deployed with Disneyland’s upcoming membership program that would allow passholders to enter either of Disney’s Anaheim theme parks after noon, 3 p.m. or 6 p.m.

Disneyland could also use a day-parting strategy for daily ticketing when the parks reopen after the extended coronavirus closure as a way to increase attendance without increasing crowding. Large parks like Disneyland will be restricted to 25% capacity with advance reservations required once they reopen under state guidelines.

Disneyland could deploy a daily ticketing strategy similar to the one used for after-hours special events — with an 8-hour morning session running from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and an 8-hour evening session running from 4 p.m. to midnight.
Disneyland did something similar when it limited guests with reservations to a 4-hour window during the soft opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

How much would you be willing to pay to go to Disneyland for only part of the day? The Disneyland After Dark events typically cost $109 — slightly more than the lowest-priced $104 all-day Disneyland ticket. Whether that’s worth it would be up to you to decide.

Would legacy passholders be interested in an annual pass that limited access to certain parts of the day? The $649 Flex pass required passholders to make advance reservations to get into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on busy days. Could a new Flex pass add a time of day component to the reservation process? We’ll have to wait and see if Disneyland’s new membership program includes dayparting options.

It sounds like that article is speculating based on the interview Potrock did a few weeks ago when the survey first came out, it doesn’t sound like any new info.
That’s what I’m thinking too. But I never heard the whole “day parting” term which seems interesting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter