Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I think he is getting waaaaay too much pressure on him now. And if he pulled the "Here is your guidance, but you can't open" I have a feeling he would have a lawsuit or two on his desk lickity split.
Which is one of the reasons he may not be releasing anything. Before the tiers he didn’t release the guidance until a week before he allowed the sector to open.

I don’t think that that is necessarily what is happening and do think the parks could open relatively safely.

He could respond but not the way anyone wants him to. Release the guidance but still not allow any to open. Say he says not until Yellow.
This is what I think they should do. Release guidance and then tell them when they are allowed to begin operating even if it means they have to wait until the county is in a certain color code for a certain length of time.Maybe they're waiting for surrounding counties to get their stuff together too since that's where people will be traveling from anyway.

I called and asked about the discount offer and was told by the CM she knew nothing about it and the only offers she heard of were for those who were cancelled by Disney. At this point, I'm like... is this a thing? Or not a thing? What's going on? haha! She was strange though, I told her I booked through Get Away Today and she went off on a sales pitch to try and get me to book directly with them and I had to explain to her I had already paid off most of my trip.

I was on chat and told the same thing that she knows of no discounts and it's only for those that had existing reservations that had to be moved.

Cases per 100k will be close to or slightly over 4, right at or above the 3.9 threshold for the "orange" tier. Could be a couple more weeks in "red" if this is the case.

I got the discount this morning when I called. It's only for guests with previously cancelled reservations. 25-35% discount at Grand and PP on all room types. Not valid at Disneyland Hotel.

I got the discount this morning when I called. It's only for guests with previously cancelled reservations. 25-35% discount at Grand and PP on all room types. Not valid at Disneyland Hotel.

I was hoping it’d go live for everyone so I can price match it with Get Away Today. We’ve had our trip moved twice but since I didn’t book straight with Disney I don’t get anything. Oh wellllll. I thought a PP was told it’d go out to everyone but maybe that wasn’t correct info from the CM they talked to.

Cases per 100k will be close to or slightly over 4, right at or above the 3.9 threshold for the "orange" tier. Could be a couple more weeks in "red" if this is the case.

Yep, as predicted. Unless whatever "adjustment" the state is doing in relation to testing numbers brings it below 4, although I doubt even that will be enough. OCs numbers last week and so far this week are trending up, so if we are thinking we might have to wait until the county moves to orange tier for the parks to open, we might be in for a long wait. At this point, we are close to a case rate of 5 per 100k again over the last few days.

Let's just hope that the theme park guidelines are TRULY separate from the tiers.

On another note, apparently the state quietly issued COMMUNITY PLAYGROUND guidelines this morning and one of our city council members posted about it on FB. The state guidelines are pretty strict, considering we are talking about outdoor activity here.

1. Masks are required
2. Do not allow members of different family groups to come within 6ft distance and do not use playgrounds if this requirement cannot be met
3.no eating or drinking on the playground
4. Wash/sanitize hands before and after using playground
5. Elderly people and those with compromised immune systems should avoid playgrounds
6. Caregivers must ensure that children from different households maintain 6ft distance at all times
7. Limit playground usage to 30 minutes
8. Do not exceed posted capacity limit of playground

This seems really excessive to me and if the state is being this strict about playgrounds, I really wonder what they will come up with for theme parks and other places like water parks (Great Wolf lodge, etc).

On another note, apparently the state quietly issued PLAYGROUND guidelines this morning and one of our city council members posted about it on FB. The state guidelines are pretty strict, considering we are talking about outdoor activity here.
Hmm... I wonder if theme parks will be quietly added. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Then if someone asks he can say "there is guidance, nothing is stopping them from being open at this time".

Disney can sue demanding to be given a fair chance to open and to be given guidelines. In AZ, the gyms did this.. the case was heard a few days later and the judge immediately told the Governor that he had to issue guideline for a path to opening within a week. It was done and gyms did what they needed and have opened.

Actually opening and getting guideline are two different fights. One the Governor will have to do... either by his own doing or a judge's. Actually opening will depend on if they can meet those guidelines. Legally if they can , he can't stop Disney from opening.

Same here. I have been carrying over a couple of reservations from March and May. When I moved my discounted reservations into October there was no discount. When I called last Friday, the CM I spoke to knew exactly what I was referencing regarding the new discount. The discount is only available for PP and GCH so I moved both reservations to GCH. One important detail to note is each CM I have spoken to makes it a point to tell me they are noting the reservations to indicate they were original reservations booked prior to the closing.

At this point, it has become a psuedo savings account for a Disney trip.

Everyone keeps asking for guidelines and assuming once those are released, Disney will be able to reopen. Well, what if the guidelines include something like your county needs to be in the yellow tier? (Yes, I know they have said theme parks won't necessarily fall under those tiers, but they will probably still have impact on reopening.) Then no matter what Disney did, they would have to wait.

Everyone keeps asking for guidelines and assuming once those are released, Disney will be able to reopen. Well, what if the guidelines include something like your county needs to be in the yellow tier? (Yes, I know they have said theme parks won't necessarily fall under those tiers, but they will probably still have impact on reopening.) Then no matter what Disney did, they would have to wait.

At least then I could adjust my expectations and plans accordingly! I'd just love some answers, whether they are the ones I want or not.

I think most people are just waiting for some sort of update from the state, no matter what it is. An update is at least something that would move the process forward. Come on out and say what needs to happen to get theme parks open.

It's better than being kept in suspense. At least there would be a timeline for reopening.

I think most people are just waiting for some sort of update from the state, no matter what it is. An update is at least something that would move the process forward. Come on out and say what needs to happen to get theme parks open.

Pretty much this, there's literally zero guidance. I'll even take flawed and unfair guidance (i.e. Disneyland can open when mercury is in retrograde and all pieces of Cortez's gold are returned), at this point!

Last edited:
Pretty much this, there's literally zero guidance. I'll even take flawed and unfair guidance (i.e. Disneyland can open when mercury is in retrograde and all pieces of Cortez's gold are returned), at this point!
And this isn't just for AP holders and tourists that want DL to open.

How many thousands of workers are waiting to return to their jobs (or have to try and find other jobs because they aren't called back)? How many areas have local businesses that really depend on these parks being open? They are all awaiting this guidance as well. The fact that he hasn't come out and given guidance to this industry is mind-boggling.

I understand that it is a BIG industry and you have a lot of things that need to be worked out, but it seems like some sort of guidance should have been given already. If he believes that these parks should stay closed until there is a vaccine, come out and say so. If he thinks there are ways to have them open safely with proper guidelines, come out and tell this industry what guidelines they need to meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter