Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

At this point, I feel like I'm grasping at straws to even predict how Newsom will respond to the push for guidelines because this is such an unusual situation. He might just come out of nowhere and surprise us. Or... we see Disney sue and we get guidelines that way.

My kiddo will bring her iPad with school loaded on it and maybe even do some while in line for Big Thunder. I don't know why... but that makes me smile.
We are thinking of driving down the week before Thanksgiving. We don’t have tickets yet, so getting into the parks is a looong shot (parks would have to be open; all people who have AP/existing tickets would have gotten the reservations they want; there would need to be leftover reservations & ticket sales;...). So, if we would go we’d tell the kids it might only be Downtown Disney, to keep expectations realistic. However, if we would make it, both would do their zooming from Dland (would make for a great backdrop!), because our district is (and will probably still be at that time) doing distance learning.

Reactions: EmJ

At this point, I feel like I'm grasping at straws to even predict how Newsom will respond to the push for guidelines because this is such an unusual situation. He might just come out of nowhere and surprise us. Or... we see Disney sue and we get guidelines that way.
He could respond but not the way anyone wants him to. Release the guidance but still not allow any to open. Say he says not until Yellow.

I’m one of those. I don’t do rain, cold, wind, or any temp below 60...but I’ll suck it up if that means I can go to Disneyland lol

hopefully the indoor rides can operate though!

To each their own but my favorite time to go to Disney is when it rains. Parks are generally less crowded and it offers a change from the norm. Sure sunny and 75 is a great but it's nice to have a change every now and then.

Looking less and less likely that my Oct trip will happen but the way Disney talks as soon as Newsom announces they can open they should be able to open that next day if they are as prepared as they say they are. If I don't hear soon I am going to just move my trip to December.

Yeah, either way he has to release them "sooner" than later now. That senate letter is on Yahoo news now I saw this morning.

He could respond but not the way anyone wants him to. Release the guidance but still not allow any to open. Say he says not until Yellow.

At the very least, he wouldn't keep anyone in suspense anymore about just saying "soon" so much that it lost its meaning.

On another forum, people have started to compare his usage of the word "soon" to Vizzini's (in)famous (mis)use of the word "inconceivable". In case I wasn't clear, I am referring to Inigo Montoya's famous rejoinder of such: "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." Basically, they don't trust Newsom anymore.

I think he is getting waaaaay too much pressure on him now. And if he pulled the "Here is your guidance, but you can't open" I have a feeling he would have a lawsuit or two on his desk lickity split.

At the very least, he wouldn't keep anyone in suspense anymore about just saying "soon" so much that it lost its meaning.

On another forum, people have started to compare his usage of the word "soon" to Vizzini's (in)famous (mis)use of the word "inconceivable". In case I wasn't clear, I am referring to Inigo Montoya's famous rejoinder of such: "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." Basically, they don't trust Newsom anymore.
Very good! Of course I read it in the voice from the movie! :rotfl2:

Looking less and less likely that my Oct trip will happen but the way Disney talks as soon as Newsom announces they can open they should be able to open that next day if they are as prepared as they say they are. If I don't hear soon I am going to just move my trip to December.
I'm in the same boat. I have a very small hope that my October 25-30 trip will happen. I don't want to move my dates just yet because I am sick of having to call and move dates. I want the guidance and opening dates announced and then I will wait on hold for three hours with everyone else who is trying to move their dates. :)

Take with a grain of salt... they are working VERY hard inside the gates. New parts for kitchens in New Orleans square are being put in. Food that was NOT in the fridges last week is now in there. Signs are on all bricks that you used to be sit on in New Orleans by Haunted Mansion. There are tons of cast managers training and taking classes.

I think it's very interesting that Tropicana is suddenly opening two weeks before the rumored date of opening. Makes sense.... and that their rates reflect the parks not open but it is ONLY for those two weeks and then it goes back to normal.

They are opening soon....

Take with a grain of salt... they are working VERY hard inside the gates. New parts for kitchens in New Orleans square are being put in. Food that was NOT in the fridges last week is now in there. Signs are on all bricks that you used to be sit on in New Orleans by Haunted Mansion. There are tons of cast managers training and taking classes.

They are opening soon....
Are you watching the Mattercam?

To each their own but my favorite time to go to Disney is when it rains. Parks are generally less crowded and it offers a change from the norm. Sure sunny and 75 is a great but it's nice to have a change every now and then.

Especially if you're prepared with actual rain gear, being impervious to water + Disneyland rain is a lot of fun.

Shoes are especially important -- Dumbo has poor drainage, so any rain will pool in the ride vehicle 1-2 inches.

Guilty pleasure/empathy = seeing people completely not prepared for the rain traipsing around the park like wet cats. Yeek, it's equal parts "I feel kinda bad for them" and "should have checked the weather forecast!" It's like seeing people in shorts/t-shirt in San Francisco in the middle of July, lol.

I called and asked about the discount offer and was told by the CM she knew nothing about it and the only offers she heard of were for those who were cancelled by Disney. At this point, I'm like... is this a thing? Or not a thing? What's going on? haha! She was strange though, I told her I booked through Get Away Today and she went off on a sales pitch to try and get me to book directly with them and I had to explain to her I had already paid off most of my trip.

Call Back. It took me three times calling to get someone to understand be willing to put the discount.

I have heard.... that the people doing the refurbs in the kitchen were told it had to be done by October. if they are cooking reduced menus with reduced staff..not to mention going into the holidays... they will need to make the dishes, work them out, practice... There is food deliveries being made to the park....

Call Back. It took me three times calling to get someone to understand be willing to put the discount.

I have heard.... that the people doing the refurbs in the kitchen were told it had to be done by October. if they are cooking reduced menus with reduced staff..not to mention going into the holidays... they will need to make the dishes, work them out, practice... There is food deliveries being made to the park....

This speaks to that internal date that they are working around, regardless of gov't approval. Makes sense, the logistics of food/training take a lot of time to perfect.

They figure they can probably/easily donate the food if opening dates are beyond their internal working date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter