Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

This is true. We just went to WDW in late August and our favorite Casey's was and still remains closed but there were numerous other locations open albeit with limited menus.
I'm more hopeful about food in DLR than I would be in WDW since the DLR focus is more on Counter Service than TS, because of all of us AP's many of the most beloved foods are grab-n-go, and many of the menus are already pretty short and tend to frequently feature seasonal items that are twists on classics.
I think he’s being blatantly honest. He isn’t done negotiating no matter what the theme parks tell the media.
And he might be negotiating with the Theme Parks Board/Commission/whatever the name of the organization who are fighting for the interests of the smaller theme parks. It is entirely possible that the smaller theme parks will have a more difficult time affording all the modifications that need to happen (eg can they have enough staff to enforce masking properly) and they want a lower standard than Disney/Universal who has loads of cash to spare. He mentioned in past news briefings that things with the larger parks were largely agreed to, but was still working on guidelines that worked for smaller parks.

I saw this coming (as I'm sure most of us did) with the sightings of DLR CMs out and about doing things at the park. Disney is pushing the envelope, getting visual attention from guests who are hungry to return. They've been ready to open but have been playing ball with Newsome and being as cautious as possible to prevent blow back. I hadn't heard of any real sightings at the parks until around two weeks ago, coincidence?? In one of the statements from either the Theme Park conglomerate or Disney I read it is even stated that the shut down was "voluntary".

We spent the morning and ate lunch at DtD. Spent way too much money on Halloween merchandise. We went and said hello to Disneyland and I stood there for a minute and just stared at the train station. I cannot believe the parks are still closed. It’s really a sobering moment.... my daughter kept bringing up all of the happy memories we spent at Disneyland since moving here in 2019. I had to bite my lip to keep from crying. We are moving home in a few months and I promised them that once life is normal, we will fly out to Disneyland and spend a week. It’s just become ridiculous.... TELL THE GUARDS TO OPEN UP THE GATES. Driving through Anaheim made me cry for an entirely different reason. My heart breaks for these small motels, restaurants and retail.

I am hoping and praying that we get one trip in before we move in December. There is so much food I want to eat.... Mickey pretzels, beignets, Disneyland coffee, dole whips, those dumplings... I think they are called ban? Over in Adventureland. So many rice crispy treats. The Mexican place in Disneyland. All the soups in the bread bowl. Drinks at Trader Sams. I could go on and on and on!

We spent the morning and ate lunch at DtD. Spent way too much money on Halloween merchandise. We went and said hello to Disneyland and I stood there for a minute and just stared at the train station. I cannot believe the parks are still closed. It’s really a sobering moment.... my daughter kept bringing up all of the happy memories we spent at Disneyland since moving here in 2019. I had to bite my lip to keep from crying. We are moving home in a few months and I promised them that once life is normal, we will fly out to Disneyland and spend a week. It’s just become ridiculous.... TELL THE GUARDS TO OPEN UP THE GATES. Driving through Anaheim made me cry for an entirely different reason. My heart breaks for these small motels, restaurants and retail.

I am hoping and praying that we get one trip in before we move in December. There is so much food I want to eat.... Mickey pretzels, beignets, Disneyland coffee, dole whips, those dumplings... I think they are called ban? Over in Adventureland. So many rice crispy treats. The Mexican place in Disneyland. All the soups in the bread bowl. Drinks at Trader Sams. I could go on and on and on!

You summed up my feeling perfectly and this also made me cry.

News as of 7:00 this morning. Disneyland and Universal sent a letter to Newsom in which both urged him to reopen their respective parks. Hopefully it helps! :-)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...eyland-reopening-california-universal-studios
This doesn't sound like anything new. It's just a rehash of the statement made on Monday. It doesn't appear that either Disney or Universal DIRECTLY sent letters to the Governor.
The DIS article on the letters sent directly to Newsom. True, they don't really say anything we didn't already know, but the message is getting more pointed:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ciation-calls-on-state-to-reopen-theme-parks/

OK everyone, let's "lighten" up OR should I say "fatten" up things a bit. :) Well, we already know what rides everyone will go on when Disneyland reopens...how about (insert drum roll)THE FOOD!!!!! There is nothing like eating your favorite food INSIDE the parks. OK, here we go.....
What would be your first "main course" AND desert be. Here are my picks....

Main: Monte Cristo (at Blue Bayou waving at boats going by)
Desert: Dole Whip (ALWAYS!!!)
Thank you for another good ice breaker and mood lifter! :)

So many things I want to eat!

Mac n cheese bread bowl (with mac n cheese on the side because food shouldn't touch) from Pacific Wharf Cafe! It's the only mac n cheese that doesn't make me sick and I miss it so much.
Chicken skewers from Bengal BBQ
Waffle fries from Smokejumpers
Raspberry Dole Whip from Tropical Hideaway
Frozen Yogurt Soft Serve from Clarabelle's in Toon Town
Beignets (I really want the black raspberry ones to come back some day; I don't care they stained me purple for hours)

So. Much. Popcorn. (although probably not since no refill deal will likely be returning for some time; never got to use my my bucket that my friend's uncle even picked me up to use for my March trip)

I honestly don't know where to start and that is way more food than I can actually eat even in a day lol. I just really miss that mac n cheese. I've stopped eating it at home because nothing we make agrees with my stomach or my tastebuds :sad:

Foods.... hmmmm.....

fried chicken at plaza inn
lots of popcorn
bread bowl soups (like several of the different options) at pacific wharf
mickey bar
mickey pretzel
soft serve from cozy cone or in toon town
chocolate chip cookie or the sugar cookie

So much local and media pressure. I really think this is a planned attack...

First things to eat hmmmm.... We usually only eat one meal in the parks and have lots of snacks. In DCA I loved the bowl at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill in the wharf area. Probably my favorite meal and one of my favorite spots in the whole resort! I also love grabbing a beer and Pretzel from Bayside Brews and sitting on Pixar Pier at night when it’s all lit up.

In Disneyland I miss the French dip and corn dogs. As for dessert I really want a marshmallow wand and Dole Whip. Oh and all the popcorn!

There are also so many places and things I still want to try but my stomach is only so big...

I was just thinking about the Burrito Sonora at Rancho del Zocalo the other day!! I was going to get something to-go from a Mexican restaurant here but decided against it.

For some reason I only enjoy the burritos in Disneyland, I don't know if it's because they're made better or because I enjoy eating Mexican food inside Disneyland as the tick, tick, tick and faint screams of BTMRR goes by in the distance. Either way, I'm sure the atmosphere doesn't hurt! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter