• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I follow the LA Times numbers, too, but I just copy and post the URL into a private window. It usually gets me past the paywall.

I’ve been watching a live video on FB with a guy who works closely with the Getaway Today company. He said that Disney has confirmed to GAT that DL will have park hopping AND that people with the 2-5 day tickets will be able to make reservations for consecutive days of their trip.

I still want to wait to hear these things directly from Disney to get too excited, but hopefully both are the case :)

I’ve been watching a live video on FB with a guy who works closely with the Getaway Today company. He said that Disney has confirmed to GAT that DL will have park hopping AND that people with the 2-5 day tickets will be able to make reservations for consecutive days of their trip.

I still want to wait to hear these things directly from Disney to get too excited, but hopefully both are the case :)
Saw this too from a facebook video of a girl from GAT. It made me feel relieved enough to finally ask for the days off work. She also mentioned maxpass either still existing, them refunding, or the would compensate in another form.

Hopefully this is all true!!! That would be amazing news for our trip!

June 12, 2020
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures.

While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain Disneyland Resort's top priority.

Pending state and local government approvals, we are unable to accommodate Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighborhood Hotel vacation packages with arrival dates prior to July 22, 2020.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package, no further action needs to be taken. If you're interested in modifying your existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, we're happy to help! Reservations are currently available for travel dates July 23, 2020 and later.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through July 22, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 8:00 AM PST and 7:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Just got our email from Disney about having to change our reservation July 21-26. :(

June 12, 2020
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures.

While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain Disneyland Resort's top priority.

Pending state and local government approvals, we are unable to accommodate Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighborhood Hotel vacation packages with arrival dates prior to July 22, 2020.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package, no further action needs to be taken. If you're interested in modifying your existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, we're happy to help! Reservations are currently available for travel dates July 23, 2020 and later.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through July 22, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 8:00 AM PST and 7:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Just got our email from Disney about having to change our reservation July 21-26. :(
I have a reservation from the 13th to 17th. Still haven't got one!

Hi all. I was planning to go to WDW in August but am now thinking about DL instead because it may be easier to wear a mask in the drier, less humid climate, and I won't have to worry about dealing with social distancing on buses. While I already have a package booked with tickets for FL, I do not have anything booked for CA. Those with existing WDW resort reservations and tickets are being given first priority access whenever the park reservation system opens. Would there be any benefit to me booking a room at the GC now in order to gain priority access or should I wait?

June 12, 2020
Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
So is this saying that you can't get a good neighbor reservation before 7/23? I just booked Tropicana for 7/16.

@westie55 : No one knows, but I believe a GC reservation should be able to be canceled with no penalty (I think it's 7 days before your stay?), so it might be worth it. I am one of the people speculating/assuming that they will have to give hotel guests priority or they will have some very angry people on their hands. Or maybe I'm just hoping that is true because we have a room at GC!

I am wondering this too. We will be in Southern California in August and are contemplating making a quick trip to DL. I would hate to make the drive out there and be turned away if they are not admitting day guests. We would probably stay at PP, though. GC is a bit out of my budget since we would need to book two rooms.

I'm a bit confused about the tickets. I told my friend to buy hers last week and link it to her Disneyland app, but she couldn't get it to work so she didn't do it (wish she had let me know). I purchased a 3-day PH for her through GAT this evening, but I don't quite understand if the electronic tickets are as "valid". I hope so! We are going end of Sept. I planned this trip for April because her husband had recently passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly, then of course we had to postpone. She has been through so much and I do hope we'll still be able to have our getaway. We're booked at GCH and were lucky to be able to go to Club 33 but now I don't really know if it will be reopening or whether or not we could get in if it did.

I got through and had our reservation modified. We are now staying at The Tropicana from July 24-30 with 5 day park hopper tickets, with MaxPass. The CM I talked to was so sweet and helpful and she included Magic Extras on our reservation so now we get lanyards, pins and buttons when we check-in.
I asked what the policy is going to be with tickets and the reservation system because it still sounds like we won’t get our tickets until we check-in at the hotel. She said that Disneyland should be sending an email with a link in order to make park reservations. Maybe we will just need our trip reservation number to prove that we have tickets in order to make park reservations??? We’ll have to wait to hear more on that.
I also want to know the policy if we leave the park to go to DTD or back to the hotel if we will be able to get back in the same day.

Get Away Today isn’t the only option; I got this from aRes travel today:

Disneyland® Resort Magic Returns July 17th!

Dear Xxxx

Disneyland® Resort will reopen on July 17, 2020, the 65th anniversary of the grand opening of the original Disneyland® Park. NOW is the time to purchase tickets!

Things are going to look a little different, and there will be additional measures in place, including a new reservation system. Guests will need to have a ticket in hand to make a reservation when the new reservation system launches. More to come on this reservation system as it develops.

At this time, Disneyland® Resort has put a temporary pause on new ticket sales on its website. The good news is that we have a short window in which we can still sell tickets. If anyone is planning a visit to the Disneyland® Resort at all in 2020, NOW IS THE TIME to secure those tickets.

Within the next several days, new Disneyland® Resort tickets will no longer be available until further notice. Tickets must be purchased by June 20, 2020. Visits are valid through January 12, 2022.

Within the next several days, new Disneyland® Resort tickets will no longer be available until further notice. Tickets must be purchased by June 20, 2020. Visits are valid through January 12, 2022.

I feel a bit sad that the tickets I bought just before the closure have an expiration of January, 2021. But the tickets bought during this window get an extra year of validity.

I feel a bit sad that the tickets I bought just before the closure have an expiration of January, 2021. But the tickets bought during this window get an extra year of validity.
I'm wondering if they won't extend the expirations on previously purchased tickets for those who are not able to make reservations for a period that works for them this year. I hope, anyway.

I'm wondering if they won't extend the expirations on previously purchased tickets for those who are not able to make reservations for a period that works for them this year. I hope, anyway.
They extended my promo child ticket to late next year. I have to assume they’ll do something with regular tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter