• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

We had a reservation at DLH for Aug 10-14. I called to switch to the GCH and the CM tried to charge me the price difference and said the free upgrade was only for those with reservations through July 23rd. I kept pressing the free upgrade and after being put on hold twice she finally came back and said my free upgrade was approved. She was very nice, though, and said their information is changing minute to minute.
Interesting! I wonder what their rationale in allowing people to book the DLH knowing it wasn’t going to be opening. While I was polite about it, that was one of my complaints- they allowed me to book it last Friday and by Wednesday knew it wasn’t going open. I have to believe that last Friday they knew they wouldn’t be opening the DLH with others and shouldn’t have let me book it in the first place.

I’m glad it finally worked out for you!

What about the others? I'm supposed to go to Disneyland in August for three days, but we're waiting to see what all the modifications will entail. I know I'll have to book park reservations in advance, but will I be allowed to purchase tickets for three days within a five day period? I know Disney hasn't released that info yet, but I thought if someone knows what they're doing at Shanghai DL, it should give us an idea what to expect at DL CA. I have reservations at Park Place Inn across the street. At this point, I'm 95% sure we'll be cancelling. And two weeks from today, I was supposed to be walking down Main Street at Tokyo Disneyland, but that's another thread. Just a little bummed about cancelling another Disney trip, while my kids are taking it exceptionally well.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to get tickets right now? We’d like to go opening day, but if it’s for APs and people with reservations already only then I’ll know to just give up on that dream.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to get tickets right now? We’d like to go opening day, but if it’s for APs and people with reservations already only then I’ll know to just give up on that dream.
There has been a full pause on new ticket sales.

I did see that there may be tickets still available through third party sellers. Might be worth a try?

Bummer. We actually had a similar situation. We had a 2 bedroom suite at the DLH booked and they don't show any availability of suites the GCH, so with permission from her supervisor, we agreed on two rooms at the GCH (I was offered a 2 bedroom at PPH, but wasn't interested) - they more than made up for the difference to me.

This. I heard the same. I also wonder if they actually sold all the suites that the GCH (they were available right before the system went offline and were gone when it came back up), or if they took them out inventory to actually book later, instead of upgrading into. But my CM escalated to her supervisor, who got me a compromise I'm happy with.
I selected a standard view room as I cant see paying a few extra hundred dollars for the woods courtyard view that the supervisor said he would upgrade me to at GCH. It still feels like a downgrade from the DLH club level what was offered to me. This was after being on hold for 3 hours... he ended up giving me an additional $50 disney gift card in addition to my other discounts of $50 credit per day and 25% off weekends and 35% off week days and im saving $405. So I guess atleast I still have an on-site room booked so, I'm not locked out and hopefully they will give priority to on-site guests. Mine is booked as a package so, that may help but not sure as we didnt have to buy tickets as we are AP. Hopefully all goes well for our September trip.

I have heard Club Level is being suspended for awhile. I would at least push for an upgraded view room at GCH or a discount if your DLH club room is more expensive than a GCH standard room.
So yes club level has been suspended but I was told if they re-instate it I can get it for the same rate as before.

I selected a standard view room as I cant see paying a few extra hundred dollars for the woods courtyard view that the supervisor said he would upgrade me to at GCH. It still feels like a downgrade from the DLH club level what was offered to me. This was after being on hold for 3 hours... he ended up giving me an additional $50 disney gift card in addition to my other discounts of $50 credit per day and 25% off weekends and 35% off week days and im saving $405. So I guess atleast I still have an on-site room booked so, I'm not locked out and hopefully they will give priority to on-site guests. Mine is booked as a package so, that may help but not sure as we didnt have to buy tickets as we are AP. Hopefully all goes well for our September trip.

So yes club level has been suspended but I was told if they re-instate it I can get it for the same rate as before.
I feel you. I truly do. Part of the reason for the suite was the family room, which is something we had to give up. And much like you, I couldn't see pay almost exactly the price for the suite at PP (mostly because I really wanted the pools). So it's not ideal, but with the deals, I'm saving $1000 on 2 standard rooms at the Grand over our 2 bedroom suite at the DLH, plus the $50/per room/per night resort credit. It's not ideal, but in a way I'm coming out ahead and how have some fun money for while we're there.

I feel you. I truly do. Part of the reason for the suite was the family room, which is something we had to give up. And much like you, I couldn't see pay almost exactly the price for the suite at PP (mostly because I really wanted the pools). So it's not ideal, but with the deals, I'm saving $1000 on 2 standard rooms at the Grand over our 2 bedroom suite at the DLH, plus the $50/per room/per night resort credit. It's not ideal, but in a way I'm coming out ahead and how have some fun money for while we're there.
Was the $50 a day credit because you had club level rooms?

For people looking for tickets, maybe try grocery stores? Not sure if they pulled them though or if Disney will get preference for Disney-bought tickets over 3rd party ones.

Yep sounds like we're in similar boats. Atleast we still have a room and are still planning to go. :)

I'm hoping they'll do reservations differently, and maybe even separately (allot part of the capacity to each group) for APs and existing single & multi day ticket holders.

There's going to be a lot of locals anxious to go, and APs rightfully should be able to use their passes, but it will be nice if they can figure out a way to have a separate system for out of town guests with multi day tickets and a limited stay in the area to book their days together.

I can see it getting really frustrating to have to keep moving flights and hotel and dealing with finding new dates that work if you have to book day by day and keep missing out on being able to make a reservation because it fills up so fast and you keep being unable to fit all of your ticket days within your travel window.

The mask order in Orange County has been rescinded.

I hope DL continues with their on-property mask requirement to keep everyone safer.

Orange County rescinds coronavirus mask mandate; face coverings still strongly recommended
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ate-face-coverings-still-strongly-recommended
Is there somewhere that says DL will actually have a confirmed mask policy? The only thing I've seen said they will follow guidance from health directors regarding face coverings. Then I know they sent the survey out asking about different mask scenarios (ie. 3 and up, 10 and up, just recommended) to AP holders despite WDW policy

Is there somewhere that says DL will actually have a confirmed mask policy? The only thing I've seen said they will follow guidance from health directors regarding face coverings. Then I know they sent the survey out asking about different mask scenarios (ie. 3 and up, 10 and up, just recommended) to AP holders despite WDW policy
The DL app is being updated with reopening info as they’ve removed the Learn More tab re: the closure.

All that’s current is from the Disney Health Director:
“In the meantime, our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community – including the wellbeing of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing our parks and resorts during the closure. We have already implemented a number of enhanced health and safety measures, such as increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection in work areas, adjusting practices to promote physical distancing, and providing Cast with access to necessary PPE, including face coverings. We continue to learn from these experiences and will carry these lessons into reopening and beyond.”

So, face coverings mentioned for CMs. No mention of guests.

With DLH remaining closed for now, what does that mean for Goofy’s Kitchen, Steakhouse 55, and Trader Sam’s?

Has anything been said about those locations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter