Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Out of curiosity, I listened to Orange County’s news conference yesterday. Sounds like they want some more realistic goals from Newsom to move ahead of the state’s reopening Guidelines.
We shall see if they are successful.

Honestly I think the easiest way for them to get reservations is by letting people into the parks who are staying onsite first. (Of course I am in this boat and may be wishful thinking.) With early morning hours I suppose this would happen anyway.
This is my thought too - I normally stay off-site but have booked onsite just in case. Guess that stimulus check is going to come in handy.

Sorry if this has been asked already -

What is everybody's belief about multi-day ticket holders being able to get in during limited capacity? Will they be able to make "reservations" (assuming that's how they go) for length of stay? Or will these tickets essentially be useless in the beginning and everybody has to buy reservation tickets that are only good a day at a time?

I'm undecided in how I feel about going in the weeks/months right after it opens, but would hate to get a reservation for one day, use a day of our 5 day tickets and then not be able to use the other 4. It wouldn't work with hotel, even if Disney was willing to roll over those 4 days into new tickets.

Sorry if this has been asked already -

What is everybody's belief about multi-day ticket holders being able to get in during limited capacity? Will they be able to make "reservations" (assuming that's how they go) for length of stay? Or will these tickets essentially be useless in the beginning and everybody has to buy reservation tickets that are only good a day at a time?

I'm undecided in how I feel about going in the weeks/months right after it opens, but would hate to get a reservation for one day, use a day of our 5 day tickets and then not be able to use the other 4. It wouldn't work with hotel, even if Disney was willing to roll over those 4 days into new tickets.
No one knows.

Being patient is agonizing. We are from the east coast. We had a reservation to stay on property for June 1-5 at wdw. But we were cxd yesterday. Now we can get AMAZING air to go from Scranton to sna for $200rt in July! We've been wanting to make that magical trip to the land and now it would be great. But there's no plans for any park to open. I'm so sad. 🥺

Wasn't looking for a definitive answer. Just people's guesses. This is a speculation thread after all. :confused3
Consensus seems to be that guests staying on site will have priority/better luck. So not sure if that's what you're asking about. Several have posted that while they typically stay offsite, they are booking on site stays just in case that's what happens.

Honestly, everything is just going to be a guess.

But my speculation is that all tickets will be tied to specific dates. So if you already have tickets you will have to "tie" them to specific dates. If you a buying tickets they will be "tied" to specific dates. Those who have AP's would have to make reservations for specific dates.

Consensus seems to be that guests staying on site will have priority/better luck. So not sure if that's what you're asking about. Several have posted that while they typically stay offsite, they are booking on site stays just in case that's what happens.
Honestly, everything is just going to be a guess.

But my speculation is that all tickets will be tied to specific dates. So if you already have tickets you will have to "tie" them to specific dates. If you a buying tickets they will be "tied" to specific dates. Those who have AP's would have to make reservations for specific dates.

Thank you; I've gotten all of that. I'm more curious if people think you'll be able to "reserve" multiple dates at a time. Like will I be able to tie my (already purchased) tickets for a full 5 day visit or will they only be doing a day at time. I know Shanghai only sold new reservation tickets, but does anybody know if they were only one day or were multiple days available?

I know nobody knows the answer right now, but I'm trying to wrap my head around our plans. If we chose to go around when it first open, will be need to buy new tickets or will the unused tickets I already have work (without losing any days on it).

Jealous of people in Florida right now. I've been following the thread in the rumors section and lots of things are happening over there. Universal City walk opened this week and Disney Springs is set to open next week. No set date for WDW to reopen yet but things seem to be moving in the right direction there.

Meanwhile on the Disneyland side it seems to be the opposite. I was thinking Disney would want both Resorts to open at the same time but that's looking less and less likely each day.

Jealous of people in Florida right now. I've been following the thread in the rumors section and lots of things are happening over there. Universal City walk opened this week and Disney Springs is set to open next week. No set date for WDW to reopen yet but things seem to be moving in the right direction there.

Meanwhile on the Disneyland side it seems to be the opposite. I was thinking Disney would want both Resorts to open at the same time but that's looking less and less likely each day.
Same :( Makes me sad Everything is sooo slow here.

While I agree with you about being envious, part of it is out of their hand. Our Gov here in CA is much more cautious about reopening than the Gov of FL. Only time will tell if one decision was better than the other. I understand Disney opening the one they can for revenue purposes.

Anyone else having day by day mood changes on their trips? 😂 One day I’m like ‘Our Christmas trip will happen gosh dangit!’ And then the next I’m like ‘it’s not gonna happen so let’s plan summer 2021’ and back again. I hate not knowing!! Planning my trip gives me so much joy and the uncertainty is making me twitchy.

All I know is when we go we’re gonna splurge! Staying onsite, lightsabers all around, get myself a new Dooney. 😂

Anyone else having day by day mood changes on their trips? 😂 One day I’m like ‘Our Christmas trip will happen gosh dangit!’ And then the next I’m like ‘it’s not gonna happen so let’s plan summer 2021’ and back again. I hate not knowing!! Planning my trip gives me so much joy and the uncertainty is making me twitchy.

All I know is when we go we’re gonna splurge! Staying onsite, lightsabers all around, get myself a new Dooney. 😂
People on the passholder facebook group are planning outfits to match their masks lol No one knows the opening date, but they will be ready haha

People on the passholder facebook group are planning outfits to match their masks lol No one knows the opening date, but they will be ready haha

One of my masks already matches one of my outfits 😹. Made it out of the 101 Dalmatians fabric I used for the 1950s dress I made for DLR's 60th birthday. Was not on purpose. Just happened to be what fabric I had lying around.

Yes, almost daily! I have hotel booked for July, Aug & Nov. Not planning on all 3, but hoping one works. But then I watched the Shanghai opening and started wondering if the stress of those rules would make the trip worthwhile, both in cost and enjoyment. But if those rules are in place long term, I want to go sooner rather than later.

Our ideal time is Thanksgiving, but I'm afraid of this second wave coming in the Fall, so then I want to try to squeeze a summer trip in if it happens. And in reality, I know all 3 are a long shot. I'm prepared to move the trip to 2021 and pay any price increase on the tickets we have. Which kind of sucks because I bought them before we were really ready to avoid the price increase!:rotfl2:

Yes! I've booked hotels for so many backup dates, I'm starting to get paranoid that I'll forget to cancel them on time if the parks don't open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter