Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Governor Newsom is speaking today at noon; I can’t guarantee it will have anything to do with theme park guidance, but I thought I would share for those that are hopeful like myself😂

This just feels like gambling, at this point. :rotfl2:

The official governor's account on twitter said it will be about the new wildfires and then COVID 19 response... it got REALLY bad up here overnight/over the weekend with new fires in Napa, I feel it's very unlikely theme park guidelines will be released. Heavy topics.

Not sure but the meat and potatoes of the post was Disneyland has installed several safety measures for opening, they have a lot of seasonal merchandise from the summer they need to unload, and November 6th is the rumored targeted opening date.

He was right last time so fingers crossed! Nov. 6th sounds pretty realistic. They could go straight into the holidays pretty easily and that would be a big lure to bring in guests. Even if the decorations are minimal, like we're seeing over at WDW, I think opening the parks right into the holidays will be a happy way to do things. I'm feeling hopeful, fingers crossed!

He was right last time so fingers crossed! Nov. 6th sounds pretty realistic. They could go straight into the holidays pretty easily and that would be a big lure to bring in guests. Even if the decorations are minimal, like we're seeing over at WDW, I think opening the parks right into the holidays will be a happy way to do things. I'm feeling hopeful, fingers crossed!
I'm feeling hopeful too. Maybe because we have reservations for the week of Thanksgiving. Open Open Open!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I agree, I can see guidelines being released no later than October 6, and DL can publicly announce a 4 week reopening timeline culminating in November 6.

Oh man...reopening with holiday decorations would be the cat's meow. That would be hard to turn down!

After an extended discussion at home (and some fortuitous treatment by DVC CMs with regards to some expired points), we are now officially blanked until June 2021 for DVC. I eliminated a November 2020 single night at VGC...granted, that doesn't mean we can't just hop down, I'm pretty sure hotel space will be plentiful in Anaheim. But VGC is real money for me (due to points expiring), while reservations at the local hotels aren't as they are easily cancelled/no penalty.

In other possibly related news, our local science museum (aka our 2nd favorite place to go after Disneyland) California Academy of Sciences announced its reopening on October 13. This bodes well for DL, I also like November 6...I'll hang my hat on that date, too!

From Tropicana:

Re-Opening October 12!!
We are excited to announce Tropicana Inn & Suites is reopening October 12!! To celebrate, we are offering exclusive discounted rates to our returning guests and their family and friends. Although Camelot Inn & Suites will remain closed for the time being, Camelot guests are welcome to book these special rates at Tropicana. We have missed you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Anaheim!

During opening week, October 12-18, rates are $79.00* per night! From October 19-31, the Returning Guest Rate is $99.00* per night. (Scroll down for booking links.)

Treat yourself to a staycation and visit Downtown Disney for shopping and dining. Enjoy our outdoor pool and oversized jacuzzi** by relaxing in our warm Southern California sun. Additionally, we offer complimentary Wi-Fi ideal for those working or attending school remotely.

Not sure but the meat and potatoes of the post was Disneyland has installed several safety measures for opening, they have a lot of seasonal merchandise from the summer they need to unload,
They should put the season items in DTD if they need to get rid of it. People will buy.

I do hope they give CM's first pick but I agree; if they really need to offload stuff, WoD or wherever is a good place to get rid of it.
I saw a post a few days ago about Company D, which is for CM's. Hopefully some of the merch will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter