Disneyland raises ticket prices for most types of admission

If I currently have a 3 day ticket purchased from a 3rd party, and wanted to upgrade to 4 day when we are there, will I pay the difference between the current 3 and current 4 price, or the difference from the old 3 price to the new 4 price? Thank you so much.

Current.

No, they needed to not allow ANY other tiers weekend access. And they needed to price the pass about 30% higher to begin with. And not allowed monthly payments at all.

They needed to make this pass EXCLUSIVE, and they didn't. And now they are surprised by its popularity.

They really screwed up this pass program. People are definitely getting fired for this.

Exactly!!!!! Disney should have realized the pent up demand and remove all Monthly Payment options + raise all price passes to begin with, then they could have started moving up from there and eventually hit the ceiling as attendance would wane a bit as more and more people couldnt afford to go. I feel like they implemented the Reservation systems with the wrong economics with Monthly Payments + around the same pricing. Doesn't make sense. Rip the band-aid off and just remove all Monthly Payments for any new sales + raise prices until the ceiling is hit. Because I can assure everyone, demand for the parks is only growing.

And they needed to price the pass about 30% higher to begin with. And not allowed monthly payments at all.
Spoilers for Magic Key 2.0!

Follow my crazy thoughts here - what if there's some large number of key holders 'camping' on reservations and cancelling them (like grabbing three sets of days and deciding which to actually use later or none at all - or even no show, there's no penalty for the first couple anyway)? The more days sell out the more I feel the need to do this to make sure we get in at all. And their plan to get everyone to buy the most expensive option (reason there's no weekends on the others) is actually blowing up in there faces with the narrative that you can pay but you can't actually get in?
Somebody is back there rebalancing the reservation allocation during this sales pause while the rest are patiently waiting until it's been long enough after initial launch to hit everyone with that 30% upgraded pricing - say February-ish?

We were planning a trip to Cal. next Spring with a one day stop at DL, both parks, if doable?
I have never been there and don't understand the tier system on daily tickets. Could someone explain it to me or point me to where I can find out what this actually means? There are 3 of us, and it looks like we may not be stopping with the prices listed. Thanks:)

I bet they were waiting to announce the start of Genie+/LL until they raised the ticket prices. I anticipate we'll see it imminently now.

This is what I was thinking. When it started at WDW they immediately made it an add-on to ticket purchases, like MaxPass was, so bet that will be the same for DLR.
I didn't see this coming. I've been waiting to buy my mom's ticket since anything could happen in the next couple of months. Now it'll be an extra $25 for her 5 day PH, which isn't too bad for 1 ticket, but really sucks if you still need to buy tickets for your whole family. Going from a 1-day ticket to a parkhopper seems to have gone from $55 to $60 per ticket.

If anyone still wants to grab tickets, most third party sellers (get away today, etc) usually have a week at the original prices to sell them before they have to match the price hike. I just bought our 2022 summer tickets and got the same price before the price hike.

I keep hearing that Disneyland raises prices to "manage attendance" and help with crowds, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. I'm used to the yearly price increases, but it's disappointing they are doing this right now when so many things aren't up and running, like Fantasmic and especially the trams. We bought our hoppers back in January 2020, so of course we'll still go this time but it's going to keep getting more expensive for us, especially if we need to buy Genie+ etc if we want a better chance to get on our favorite rides.

Back in the day my Socal passport was $95 for the whole year. One year I splurged for the premium and I think it was $195.

Speaking of hoppers...Does anyone know if I'll need to pay the difference for my 2020 tickets now that they've increased the prices? I didn't think of that until just now.

We were planning a trip to Cal. next Spring with a one day stop at DL, both parks, if doable?
I have never been there and don't understand the tier system on daily tickets. Could someone explain it to me or point me to where I can find out what this actually means? There are 3 of us, and it looks like we may not be stopping with the prices listed. Thanks:)

Basically the ticket price fluctuates based on what day you want to go (so currently Wednesday, December 1st is $119 for a one-day ticket, but Saturday, December 4th is $159). The tier just refers to how many different prices there are - so there will be six different prices total throughout the year (as apposed to a fluctuation of any prices between the lowest and the highest, there will only be 6 set options).

Not if they are still valid but if they are expired you do.

Thanks! I'll have to peek at the expiration date. I seem to remember they had extended them or something last year. (I hope!) My daughter was 9 when I bought them but she's 11 now so I know I have to upgrade hers to an adult ticket.

Basically the ticket price fluctuates based on what day you want to go (so currently Wednesday, December 1st is $119 for a one-day ticket, but Saturday, December 4th is $159). The tier just refers to how many different prices there are - so there will be six different prices total throughout the year (as apposed to a fluctuation of any prices between the lowest and the highest, there will only be 6 set options).

Thank you so much for explaining. I looked at the high prices and kind of panicked! So, it looks we will go on a week day after checking their site for prices. I think we could afford that. I reallly want to experience DL, as it's the one Walt designed first, and most people say it is the best:)

The hotel self parking increase is egregious.
I used to say that as far as parking goes, Disney resorts were pretty good compared to San Diego resorts or a San Francisco city stay. But this now is about the same ☹️ If not more… just knowing all amenities/servicea at a hotel are not yet available. :/

This is what I was thinking. When it started at WDW they immediately made it an add-on to ticket purchases, like MaxPass was, so bet that will be the same for DLR.

Yep--I was holding off on buying our tix until this was an option, but with the price increase announced today, I quickly picked them up at the old prices through a 3rd party. I saved almost $200 for our family of 4. We'll just add Genie+ later if we want it.

If anyone still wants to grab tickets, most third party sellers (get away today, etc) usually have a week at the original prices to sell them before they have to match the price hike. I just bought our 2022 summer tickets and got the same price before the price hike.
Can you use the third party tickets to upgrade to an annual pass do you know? Thanks.

Pretty bold move to introduced Genie+, AND raise prices all before the resort is even operating back to what it was before. Still plenty of closed and missing stuff.

Hotel parking increase is crazy. I mean, it’s not like they have some overcrowding problem at the hotel parking lot. This is just a cash grab for guests that don’t really have any other option.

So glad they suspended the Dream key, although the damage is already done. There’s enough keyholders to keep weekend reservations filled at 3 months out.

Tram return is good, although reading some of the articles, it seems like the rumor about the trams being totaled wasn’t true. They just decided to not fix them and to not hire anyone and see how long they could get away with it.

I still think it’s going to be a while until we learn what the “new Disney normal” is. I’d even say we probably won’t get a good feel for it until next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter