Disneyland - Proof of Residency

Jerdlc10

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, my girlfriend and I are moving to California in a couple weeks and I got surprised with DL tickets but realized we don’t have ID that will show we just moved to California. Any advice?

If you’re going June 15th or later you won’t have to worry. If you’re going before that, it’s probably not going to happen but I would be ready with some kind of “proof” showing you live in CA. That could be a utility bill or anything really. Just in case. Though you’d likely be fine without it as I don’t think they’re checking really

The residency checks are random, but as said above: it won't matter starting June 15. And unless those tickets you were gifted also came with park reservations already made, I don't see availability right now before June 15 anyways.

A utility bill or rental agreement should suffice. I would also apply for an ID ASAP at DMV (you need to do so anyways after moving) and that should also give you a temp ID in the interim. Disney does say to come prepared to show proof up until June 15.

It’s for June 11th. We move a few days before and didn’t know about the restrictions on out of state guests until last night unfortunately

It’s for June 11th. We move a few days before and didn’t know about the restrictions on out of state guests until last night unfortunately
Do you have a lease agreement? Employment offer? I agree with others, it’s good to have something just in case you’re one of the random people they select to ask.

A friend of mine works at the DL turn styles, and she confirmed that proof of residency is not being checked, unless a guest presents discounted tickets purchased pre pandemic.

As long as you have a park reservation, you should be fine.

I visited 2 weeks ago, and saw no ID checks.

Was not true for us. We were asked for our IDs on 5/11. And we bought our tickets in the craziness of 4/15, so no discounts on those. The CM was checking others in our line too.

Same for me this past weekend. I really wish some people would stop sharing incorrect information. The ID checks happen, but they are random.

Ours were not checked this past weekend, but I assume it was because we were using the second day of our tickets and our pictures came up.

Ours were not checked this past weekend, but I assume it was because we were using the second day of our tickets and our pictures came up.

I've seen firsthand reports from some really "lucky" people that got checked multiple times in one day on regular, non discounted tickets :rotfl:

Sadly they don't catch everyone that lacks the integrity to follow the rules as we know. But at least it won't matter starting June 15.

Hi guys, my girlfriend and I are moving to California in a couple weeks and I got surprised with DL tickets but realized we don’t have ID that will show we just moved to California. Any advice?

Bring a utility statement or a copy of your lease if you rent.

They're definitely checking randomly, I'd bring a copy of your utility bill (or lease agreement), that is the typical gold standard (any utility bill -- PG&E/SDG&E/SoCal Edison, your local water district, Cox/Charter/Comcast, a wireless bill with a local billing address, etc...) -- if it's cumbersome, consider a digital copy. Are you here for work? I've seen work IDs work (as long it's obvious it's California, like it saying "Google" won't work because they have offices in NY, etc...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter