Disneyland Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albertan mom said:
pxlbarrel, I do not recognize that! Where is that pic taken?

He's one of the drummers in the Golden California parade at DCA.

pxlbarrel said:
He's one of the drummers in the Golden California parade at DCA.

I have never heard of that. Is the Golden California Parade still on? (not Block Party Bash right?)
And the drums are set up on that big thing, and he jumps up and plays them??
Any details would be great!

Albertan mom said:
I have never heard of that. Is the Golden California Parade still on? (not Block Party Bash right?)
And the drums are set up on that big thing, and he jumps up and plays them??
Any details would be great!

Oh, I have feeling it's not on anymore but I could be wrong. I took that photo a few years ago. The parade celebrated the diversity of California (what else?!). I have lots of photos from it. Maybe I can post them over the next few days. There were even people dressed up as the Golden Gate Bridge and Chinese Take-out containers. (yah, that was interesting.)

There is a float where the drums are way up in the air and they're tethered to the top. While drumming, they jump around (while tethered) and hence the shot that makes it look like he's floating. :rotfl:

47b5ce22b3127cce943a8dfd9f9d00000015108EbOG7Jo3a0

47b5ce22b3127cce943a99261e7c00000016108EbOG7Jo3a0

AlbertanMom- I think that is the parade from when DCA first opened. It was a beautiful parade. I was very sad to see it go.

NomoreTree.jpg

Tree All Gone!

This was taken as we were heading back to our room at 6:00 a.m. We were on the 5th floor. This was taken before they realized that the entire lobby will have to be stripped and redone!

The Eureka Parade....... we adored it.
I couldn't believe they took it out so soon. The music was beautiful - the floats were amazing. I only took a few pictures, no video. I just knew we'd be back the next year - and it was already gone! What were they thinking!!!!!!!!!?????????

That is funny. DS wouldn't go on that ride when he was 5. He thought it was a long tunnel, and it freaked him out. Now he is 7, and he went on it though!

I'll play along... We're planning another trip for February and will (hopefully) have lots more then!

partnersc.jpg

Our son calls this "the boy who made Disneyland" :)
July 2005

heimlich.jpg.w300h225.jpg

October 2003 (Heimlich was harder to see on our visit last summer because the plants had grown so much!)

--Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter