• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

Wow! Only one other person who agrees with me that they're really not all that great.

I made sure we saw them this trip because we missed out last trip. I organised the day around watching them (they were in the Golden Horseshoe which I was happy with).

We were soooo disappointed. My husband and kids just looked at me like "you made us wait all this time for this!". I just didn't get it at all. Maybe it's one of those things, you see them when you're younger and they bring back nice memories, or you've seen them so many times its like coming home?

I'm sad for everyone that will miss them, but it won't be me!

aussie shaz said:
Wow! Only one other person who agrees with me that they're really not all that great.

I made sure we saw them this trip because we missed out last trip. I organised the day around watching them (they were in the Golden Horseshoe which I was happy with).

We were soooo disappointed. My husband and kids just looked at me like "you made us wait all this time for this!". I just didn't get it at all. Maybe it's one of those things, you see them when you're younger and they bring back nice memories, or you've seen them so many times its like coming home?

Sounds like you may have not gotten a good cast. Every once in a while there is a combination that doesn't work. I really preferred the original cast, who haven't performed all together for a long time now. But even so, the main cast is always good, but not all of them are always there.

Also, for the past couple of years Florida has dictated their script and it's not as good as when they were left to their own devices.

Not saying that their not still good when toy get the right cast, they are, but it's not as good, which is one of the reasons them leaving doesn't surprise me.

So sad about this! This was a daily must do for us when we're at the park! So glad I'll get to see them one last time this coming December!

First:
This was NOT the Billys' decision. My parents were at Disneyland this week and spoke with the Billys about it after one of their shows and they told my mother they did NOT want to retire (I believe she was speaking with Kirk Wall). This is a Disneyland decision.

Second:
There is a petition at the White House website! Head over to sign it! (can't post the URL here because I am too new :( )

Yes, it is a little crazy to do petitions like this, but if enough people sign this petition, the White House will HAVE to respond to it. Now THAT would get some publicity! Sign the petition if you want to get Disneyland's attention! Disney definitely does NOT like bad publicity and would be forced to address the issue!

Third:
Of course the show was hokey! That was the point! That is why we love it!

Fourth:
I am convinced that Disney, especially their parks, cares about word of mouth and public perception and opinion. So, spread the word to everyone you know to let Disney know to NOT retire the Billys! Sign the above petition!

netpagz said:
First:
This was NOT the Billys' decision. My parents were at Disneyland this week and spoke with the Billys about it after one of their shows and they told my mother they did NOT want to retire (I believe she was speaking with Kirk Wall). This is a Disneyland decision.

Second:
There is a petition at the White House website! Head over to sign it! (can't post the URL here because I am too new :( )

Yes, it is a little crazy to do petitions like this, but if enough people sign this petition, the White House will HAVE to respond to it. Now THAT would get some publicity! Sign the petition if you want to get Disneyland's attention! Disney definitely does NOT like bad publicity and would be forced to address the issue!

Third:
Of course the show was hokey! That was the point! That is why we love it!

Fourth:
I am convinced that Disney, especially their parks, cares about word of mouth and public perception and opinion. So, spread the word to everyone you know to let Disney know to NOT retire the Billys! Sign the above petition!

Petitions won't work, the White house routinely ignores petitions with enough signatures that they are required to respond.

It is far more productful to send letters and email.

Fan outcry saved the Aladdin show, maybe we can save the Billies.

I know it not a show for everyone but my 18yr old and I love it. We've extended our Dec trip so we can fit in extra shows.

Does anyone have the best email/whatever to write to Disneyland about this? This breaks my heart :(

Just go to the disneyland website and user contact us at the bottom of the page.

There will also be a snail mail address there, which would probably do even more good than an email.

Whether you "got" the Billies or not, this is another example of them killing off that CLASSIC Disneyland feeling.

Love the show. Every trip multiple visits. Made playing the violin "cool" to my son.

Sad, sad news to my extended family.

Although I have not seen this show yet, all the same I don't see the canceling of this show as some kind of travesty. It isn't like someone good and relatively young died. If I don't see this show ever, I am not going to become upset over it at all.

They have posted on their Facebook that they are choosing to see this as a positive and are going to be doing more outside the parks. At least outside the parks they won't be as scripted as they have been lately.

People can also get their fix of Billy Elvis doing his Elvis thing the first Wednesday of every month at the Continental Room in Fullerton. Starts about 9 and he plays multiple sets per night.

People can also get their fix of Billy Elvis doing his Elvis thing the first Wednesday of every month at the Continental Room in Fullerton. Starts about 9 and he plays multiple sets per night.

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

For those that haven't seen it...its your loss! 20 years at Disneyland should tell you how much they've impacted the park! It is a true gem. 100 times better than Hoop De Doo Revue at WDW.

Although I have not seen this show yet, all the same I don't see the canceling of this show as some kind of travesty. It isn't like someone good and relatively young died. If I don't see this show ever, I am not going to become upset over it at all.

The fact that you won't miss a show you've never seen is kind of irrelevant, isn't it? This also has nothing to do with the death of a young person and really isn't analogous as far as I can tell. The point is that the show is beloved of many, many visitors who are naturally upset that Disney has decided to retire it. That's all.

DizMe said:
The fact that you won't miss a show you've never seen is kind of irrelevant, isn't it? This also has nothing to do with the death of a young person and really isn't analogous as far as I can tell. The point is that the show is beloved of many, many visitors who are naturally upset that Disney has decided to retire it. That's all.

So sorry for giving my opinion. I don't criticize you for what you say, even though I don't always agree with what you say and or how you say it.
I really don't care if I ever see that show. I had no idea my post was going to make you so irate, defensive and offensive towards me. Also, instead of posting your personal tirade against me, it would be best to send me a p.m.
Thank you

I went to City Hall Sunday and filled out a comment card that I was disappointed to see them retired. The CM was happy to help - he said they're getting a lot of feedback. He also suggested emailing to the 'contact us' email at the bottom of the DL web page and snail mail as well.

Alladin was saved by public opinion!
The petition has over 1000 signatures so far and will be delivered - that can't hurt either.

Let's bombard them!! I love this group - always makes me smile. When I went to WDW this summer their Golden Nugget has a player piano on the stage - it was so sad to see - I hope we're not going down that path.

So sorry for giving my opinion. I don't criticize you for what you say, even though I don't always agree with what you say and or how you say it.
I really don't care if I ever see that show. I had no idea my post was going to make you so irate, defensive and offensive towards me. Also, instead of posting your personal tirade against me, it would be best to send me a p.m.
Thank you

:confused3 I'm not irate. I'm not sure why you thought so, but I was trying to explain that it doesn't really matter whether or not any particular individual dislikes something if that something is close to the hearts of a multitude of others. I was pretty surprised at the comment "It isn't like someone good and relatively young died."

I went to City Hall Sunday and filled out a comment card that I was disappointed to see them retired. The CM was happy to help - he said they're getting a lot of feedback. He also suggested emailing to the 'contact us' email at the bottom of the DL web page and snail mail as well.

Alladin was saved by public opinion!
The petition has over 1000 signatures so far and will be delivered - that can't hurt either.

Let's bombard them!! I love this group - always makes me smile. When I went to WDW this summer their Golden Nugget has a player piano on the stage - it was so sad to see - I hope we're not going down that path.

Thanks for this info! I'll be there in a month and I'll be sure to stop by City Hall, also. I'll be writing my letters as well.

aussie shaz said:

Lol....all the more reason why I really don't care if I see this show during my next trip or not. From what I have read about this old show, I can take it or leave it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter