Disneyland Paris meal plan - clarification

mamadragona

Mouseketeer
I've been doing some reading on the meal plan, and I was hoping for a little clarification. I see many people talking about using their vouchers at face value in any restaurant. Reading these descriptions from the DLP website (edited for length and copied below post) makes me think that one voucher equals one buffet or one menu, but if you want to use the voucher anywhere, you can use it at face value. However, the other interpretation is that it is only for face value.

So if I have half board plus which is approximately 27 GBP or 33-34 Euro?, and a set menu at Chez Remy with drink and dessert is listed at $40 Euro, then do I have to pay the 7 Euro difference? It is implied below that the meal vouchers can be redeemed for these menus, which is a touch confusing. I'm thinking about if I should cancel my meal plan since it doesn't seem to be much savings.

From disneylandparis.com website:

Standard option: gives you a larger choice with a selection of 7 buffet restaurants
Allows you to eat at the all-you-can-eat buffet in a variety of restaurants throughout the resort (not including the Disneyland Hotel®)
Plus option: gives you an even wider choice with a selection of 19 buffet and table service restaurants
Choose a starter, a main course, a dessert and a soft drink from a set menu in a large variety of restaurants throughout the resort.

Meal vouchers are accepted in any of the resort's restaurants for their monetary value for a meal composed of a starter, a main course, a dessert or an all-you-can-eat buffet and a soft drink.

From DLPguide.com:
  • At some Table Service restaurants, Meal Plan vouchers can be exchanged only for a particular set menu. This will be made clear using the Plus or Premium logos on the menu board posted outside the restaurant, or ask a Cast Member for details of what you can choose from. Check our Restaurant Menus database for the full menus of each dining location at Disneyland Paris.
  • Want to dine at a Disney restaurant which isn't included in your chosen plan? No problem — you can exchange your Meal Plan vouchers for their cash value, in Euros (printed on the vouchers), when you pay, meaning you don't lose a cent.

If you look on this page http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/ it tells you which restaurants take the plus vouchers. At these restaurants there will be set meals on the menu with the plus symbol, that meal will be covered totally by the voucher. If you want to eat a la carte or a more expensive set menu then you use the voucher at face value and you pay the difference.

Hi Mamadragona, Your plus voucher will cover the 3 course plus set menu at BCR, with a drink, & no extra to pay.

The face value of €35 is only applicable if you're either using the value at a Premium restaurant & paying the extra, or not eating from the plus set menu (at BCR you could only upgrade to the premium set menu, at other places you may prefer to order a la carte than to have the 3 courses from the set menu)

This is where the value is in the vouchers, Café Mickey is €45.99 with no drink, but it's included in full with a plus voucher & you'd also get a drink, so there are some good savings to be had.

Just a reminder about a weird gotcha of the dining plan.

Due to specific wording on the coupon, you can theoretically use it a facing value *only* when you are not eating at one location when you are granted a menu.

Most of the time, this policy is not enforced, but I have definitively heard a few cases where staff at some restaurants would not allow anything but the dining plan menu. So, if that is important for you, take extra care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter