Disneyland Paris in the last week of November!

mmoore701

Earning My Ears
So I'm planning to go to Disneyland Paris in the last week of November the 25th to the 1st of December. Now I know this is thanksgiving in the American parks, but I was figuring since that's an American holiday would it have anything to do with crowds in late November at DLRP? Also I'm going to be staying at the Hotel Santa Fe, and I'm thinking of purchasing the dining plan. Is the Dining Plan worth it? And can you use the vouchers from the plan to eat at Walt's, and the Blue Lagoon?

We went from Nov 29th-Dec 2nd last year and it was mostly fine, although admittedly I've just googled it and Thanksgiving was earlier last year, Nov 22nd. I don't think it'd make a huge difference to crowd levels though to be honest. The Sat & Sun were heaving but I believe this is the norm during the Christmas season. The Thu and Fri were really quiet and we barely queued for anything :) It's a very magical time to go! It gave me a Christmassy feeling that I honestly don't think I've felt since I was a child.
Sorry, can't help on the dining plan thing, but I'm sure others will be able to answer :)

Thanksgiving has no effect on crowd levels at DLP - midweek its usually a lovely quiet time to go visit :). Don't buy a dining plan - they are restrictive at DLP and they don't save you money.

How much money for food should I plan on bringing for one person for a week? Does anyone know if food is comparable to WDW prices?

How much money for food should I plan on bringing for one person for a week? Does anyone know if food is comparable to WDW prices?

Are you going to use your DLP to go exploring further afield around the Paris area? A week is a long time for just visiting the 2 DLP parks - especially at that time of year when its very quiet and you won't queue for much at all.

I take ¬50 a day for a table service main meal for two adults and a child using AP discount, and about ¬30 for counter service - though thats way too much for lunch and I must admit, we buy ours else where sometimes. I usually have money left over and put it in the spending pot :) I do tend to have a plan of where we are eating though and budget accordingly.
Be sure to book Walts as you may not get a table.

We're going then too (although only for 4 nights) and I booked that time because I thought it would be one of the quietest - I don't think Thanksgiving will have much impact on the Paris parks.

We've never used dining plans as we like to have a bit more flexibility on where we are going to eat. I usually budget 100 euros a day for a family of three for eating unless we're doing a character meal, which will cost more.

Does anyone know what to expect for the weather during this time? We too are going in November just the week before. Thanks!

Does anyone know what to expect for the weather during this time? We too are going in November just the week before. Thanks!

The weather in Paris is so unpredictable. I'd pack expecting it to be cold and wet, then everything else is a bonus!

HappyPanda said:
The weather in Paris is so unpredictable. I'd pack expecting it to be cold and wet, then everything else is a bonus!

Yes indeed - it can be very cold and wet. Waterproof shoes are a must (we've used wellies!) And scarves and gloves, and ear muffs! Even if its dry snd bright blue sky, it will still be freezing.

I am going to be there mid week of Thanksgiving so we are hoping for very low crowds, and fast queues. We will pack for wet/cold, thanks for the tip.

We (me, wife, daughters 14 & 10) will be there next week, that is US Thanksgiving week, on Monday - Thursday! From US (Oklahoma)!! Leaving for London in 6 more days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter