Disneyland Paris Half 2017

Was there much notice before it opened last year? Or did it just suddenly open?

There was enough notice for me to prepare an "online meeting/seminar" at work so that I wouldn't be interrupted or disturbed during the registration period, not that it was difficult or time consuming, just different than the active.com registrations that runDisney peeps are used to.

Fairly early on, the website said the 2016 race would be available for packages at the end of 2015 (which is was) and that 'a limited number of individual (non-package) registrations would be available January 12th. And in what I have discovered to be typical DLP style, it was about a month late.

I keep checking for updates about once a week, besides checking the chatter online and if DLP sends an email.

I am on the email list and check the site when I think of it, so I can't imagine I'll miss it. Just getting anxious!

I wonder if anyone here in the States or Canada would contemplate flying over Thursday afternoon/night (arriving in Paris Friday morning) and then doing the 5K Friday night and then the 10K and or half later in the weekend and flying home Monday?
{I am trying to not talk myself into this, as an in-and-out trip to Disneyland for the Super Heroes Half was rougher than I thought it would be)[/QUOTE]

A 5k the same day as your arrival might not be too bad, but I wouldn't do it.
We got in on Thursday early morning last year from New York and I can tell you that the time change was brutal. We are from CA, but spent 5 days in NY first before heading to DLP. We were wiped out Thursday, but (after a much needed nap) managed to get to the expo which didn't open until 3pm. It was nice to have Friday to get on Paris time, go into the parks and check everything out prior to the 5k Saturday morning and 1/2 on Sunday. We left Monday afternoon and went into Paris for a couple more days since I had never been. Give yourself plenty of time if you're coming from US/Canada, things run MUCH slower in Europe...

I really want them to open registration to non-package people. I can get a RT flight with great times for $412. I hate to book it in case I am for some reason unable to register......

I really want them to open registration to non-package people. I can get a RT flight with great times for $412. I hate to book it in case I am for some reason unable to register......

Same! There are some really great deals on flights from the East coast to Paris.

Is there anyone from the states looking to share a room? I got a quote from Get Sports during PHM, but it's really expensive as a single. And now with the free ticket to the opening night party, seems like a good time to ask.

I have my flight booked and a room booked at a good neighbor hotel. I'm nervous and anxious about securing a BIB only registration. I don't want to miss out during the open registration period. Question for the 2016 runDisney Paris participants. How did you register last year? Is there a website to register similar to Active? What time of day did the BIB only registration start last year? I need to block off that time on my calendar. Thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge.

Last edited:
I have my flight booked and a room booked at a good neighbor hotel. I'm nervous and anxious about securing a BIB only registration. I don't want to miss out during the open registration period. Question for the 2016 runDisney Paris participants. How did you register last year? Is there a website to register similar to Active? What time of day did the BIB only registration start last year? I need to block off that time on my calendar. Thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge.

There was a website, realbuzz (similar to active) which coordinated the event sales. I don't remember exactly what time the site was 'live' but looking at the registration confirmation, it is time stamped 11:15am.

I registered for the 10 and 21K back in January, we're staying at Cheyenne. I just called to register for the 5K as well :D

I asked them about the challenge, where you have to run both the 10 and 21K, however, they (Disney Reservations) didn't have any info on it, and couldn't sign us up for that. Does anybody know more about this? Will we have to register when the "online portion" opens up?

It's the first time we're running a RunDisney event and we want as much medals as possible!

I registered for the 10 and 21K back in January, we're staying at Cheyenne. I just called to register for the 5K as well :D

I asked them about the challenge, where you have to run both the 10 and 21K, however, they (Disney Reservations) didn't have any info on it, and couldn't sign us up for that. Does anybody know more about this? Will we have to register when the "online portion" opens up?

It's the first time we're running a RunDisney event and we want as much medals as possible!

When participating in any of the runDisney challenges in the US, you have to register specifically as a challenge participant, not for each individual race. If there is any email or contact information for the race aspect of your registration, I would try to contact them to see if it can be switched/altered/amended.

When participating in any of the runDisney challenges in the US, you have to register specifically as a challenge participant, not for each individual race. If there is any email or contact information for the race aspect of your registration, I would try to contact them to see if it can be switched/altered/amended.

Yeah, that's what I read. I sent a mail to run.dlp.info@disney.com, hopefully they can help me. Seems weird that the official booking service of DLP doesn't know what to do though.

EDIT: I got a response. Apparently we can sign up for the challenge when the online portion goes live (Spring 2017). As long as you're registered for both the 10 and 21k, you'll be able to check a box.

Last edited:
It's definitely a different challenge signup process. I received the same email from Run DLP when I inquired about the challenge. Register for all the races and then select the challenge when you receive the separate conformation letter. I still can't get a solid BIB only registration day .

I feel like they are delaying on purpose so more people will sign up with a TA. If I would have had a registration date I would have never signed up with a TA, I like having control over my own reservations, but since that wasn't an option and I was dying to book I went ahead and used one.

Anyone who stayed off-site last year? We stayed at Santa Fe and Cheyenne and really enjoyed that we could just walk to and from the parks and especially the morning of the run. But I think the packages deals are a bit pricey for me, so this year we're planning on staying at a hotel in Val'd Europe. I've just booked Hipark Serris-Val d'Europe (with free cancellation of course...)
Was it a problem for you to get from your hotel to the races that early?

I've stayed at Torcy for the run last year and I paid pennies in comparison to a package on site. There were RER trains early enough for the run, so you can take one of those, I don't know if the bus or shuttle from Val D'Europe run at that time. The only stressful part is getting the BIB. I've already booked the hotel for this year run, because I found a great deal on the Mercure hotel in Bussy Saint George and friends will join me for a stay after the run, so I'll go anyway, but if I cannot get the BIB it'll be a bummer.

Anyone who stayed off-site last year? We stayed at Santa Fe and Cheyenne and really enjoyed that we could just walk to and from the parks and especially the morning of the run. But I think the packages deals are a bit pricey for me, so this year we're planning on staying at a hotel in Val'd Europe. I've just booked Hipark Serris-Val d'Europe (with free cancellation of course...)

We stayed at the RelaisSpa in Val d'Europe (where I have a cancel-able reservation again for this year) for the 2016 races. It was a breeze getting to and from the races and parks. It took a couple minutes more due to the distance, but nothing terrible. We all had Navigo cards so we didn't have to bother with paper metro tickets, which also made it easier.

The buses and shuttles (and possibly taxis) were specifically barred from operating to and from DLP for a set time frame around the actual races, per order of the local Prefect.

I'm staying at the Marriott vacation club property in Val'd Europe. I've stayed on site at DLP on a previous visit and was extremely underwhelmed, especially for the price. Husband has tons of Marriott points and there are three adults traveling, so I used them to get a two bedroom townhouse. Just hoping the transportation for races isn't too tricky!

Like jeanigor I stayed at the Relais Spa last year for the RunDisney weekend and it was great, there were reasonable queues when going through security from the train station into Disney Village, but I just caught the first available train and it was fine.
However, I stayed at the Hipark-Serris Val d'europe on a solo trip last October and ended up walking to DLP in the mornings because the buses weren't running in time for morning EMH and it was just about as far from the hotel to the val d'europe RER station as it was to Disney Village. With this in mind I would be looking for confirmation from the hotel that they will have some form of transportation on to get you to the race start. I don't think that walking to it is really an option because I would expect the route that I took will be shut off as it goes through where the corrals were for the race start and I can't see an alternative, practical route to the race entrance.

I plotted the walk from the hotel to the Disney Village entrance on runkeeper, hope the link works.

https://runkeeper.com/user/dibby5/activity/885036786

HTH

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter