Disneyland Paris - Getting your picture in front of the castle

Eree418

Living 4 today; making memories 2 last a lifetime
Apologies if this has already been discussed. I did search this forum, and didn't find anything, but I'm still a newbie!

My family is heading to Disneyland Paris in August, and I saw in one YouTube video that the Paris park doesn't have photographers stationed in front of the castle or on main street to take your picture like the US Parks do. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, if that's true, do you have any tips for how we can get a picture of all of us together in front of the castle? I'd imagine a selfie wouldn't really capture the moment very well. Do we just ask another guest?

Thank you! (And sorry for posting in the wrong place.)

Yes, I can confirm this. On a normal day, do not expect photographers in front of the castle. It can happen, if there are special occasions, but consider it a bonus if they are out when you are there.

Yes, ask a guest, a castmember, or indeed a selfie. There will be plenty of people around, so finding someone won't be an issue.

Keep in mind that DLP, in general, doesn't have photographers for landmarks. You might find a few for magic shots, but no photographers in front of Big Thunder Mountain. The only one you might see is in the Studios in front of the partner statue.

You can get your picture on a handful of rides, and some character meets (usually indoor meet & greets, and sometimes those at the beginning and end of Main Street, not for roaming characters).

I always advice people used to the American parks to reconsider buying the photopass in DLP. It's implemented in a very different way and not really as useful (and that's why it's also less expensive, they don't have to pay as many photographers).
Ask a fellow guest, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to help.

On my trip to DL Paris I found an easy way to get a cast member to take your photo on Main Street, try to take a selfie with a selfie stick (they're banned, but I swear I didn't know). They rushed over, politely told me they're not allowed and offered to take the picture for me. So basically, I'd just ask a normal non-photopass cast member to help you out, I'm sure it wont be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter