Disneyland Outlets?

BWood

Earning My Ears
I know WDW has the character warehouses to get discounted souvenirs from parks all around the world. I'm wondering if Disneyland has something like that nearby as well? A friend mentioned there's the Disney Store Outlets near the malls in Pomona and at the Citadel outlets. Are they worth going to or is the "discount" not really worth it on the Disney store merch?

I know WDW has the character warehouses to get discounted souvenirs from parks all around the world. I'm wondering if Disneyland has something like that nearby as well? A friend mentioned there's the Disney Store Outlets near the malls in Pomona and at the Citadel outlets. Are they worth going to or is the "discount" not really worth it on the Disney store merch?
Oh, it's worth it, especially when they have sales. Often, the apparel is 50% off the prices in the parks, and a few times a year, they take another 50% off that. I've gotten spirit jerseys for less than $20 at the one at our outlet mall in Tempe.

I'm not sure that there is anything like that that is open to the public. Company D was/is the clearance center for merchandise but you need a cast member to get you in. [I haven't been to company D in a couple of years so I don't know its current status]

There was a place called "Character Depot" that was in Fullerton. I remember they had a store in Las Vegas that seemed to be in "closing sale" mode for nearly a year. They operated under a bunch of names (maybe "Disney Character Warehouse" at one time), but eventually I think they started serving as a consolidator for odds and ends for different characters including WB/DC/Marvel, including Disney Parks merchandise.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/disneys-character-warehouse-outlet-store-fullerton

I thought that they were based in Tennessee? They had a website once upon a time that noted their HQ and a store in TN.

There was a place called "Character Depot" that was in Fullerton. I remember they had a store in Las Vegas that seemed to be in "closing sale" mode for nearly a year. They operated under a bunch of names (maybe "Disney Character Warehouse" at one time), but eventually I think they started serving as a consolidator for odds and ends for different characters including WB/DC/Marvel, including Disney Parks merchandise.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/disneys-character-warehouse-outlet-store-fullerton

I thought that they were based in Tennessee? They had a website once upon a time that noted their HQ and a store in TN.

I LOVED the one in Fullerton - just a straight shot north of Disneyland on Harbor at Orangethorpe Ave. We would eat at the In N Out and shop at the Character Warehouse (what I recall as the name) when we would visit Disneyland. I've never tried the one at the Citadel - too far.

I LOVED the one in Fullerton - just a straight shot north of Disneyland on Harbor at Orangethorpe Ave. We would eat at the In N Out and shop at the Character Warehouse (what I recall as the name) when we would visit Disneyland. I've never tried the one at the Citadel - too far.

Found the old Facebook page, but it's basically just a relic.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...-Disneys-Character-Warehouse-265151410254224/

It was discussed here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-character-warehouse.2949038/

They had three stores as of summer 2012, with their Pomona store recently shut down then.

The Citadel is okay. Sometimes they have a bunch of good stuff and really good deals and sometimes it is all crap and still really expensive. Very hit or miss.

Oh, it's worth it, especially when they have sales. Often, the apparel is 50% off the prices in the parks, and a few times a year, they take another 50% off that. I've gotten spirit jerseys for less than $20 at the one at our outlet mall in Tempe.
Where in Tempe??

Where in Tempe??

Sounds like Arizona Mills.

https://www.simon.com/mall/arizona-mills/stores/disney-store-outlet-the
https://stores.shopdisney.com/az/tempe/912/

SLP-disney-outlet.jpg

I've been to this mall so many times, but never to the Disney outlet lol

Only been to that mall once when I spent a week at my company's office in the Phoenix area. I don't think this store was there almost 20 years ago. I think there was an IMAX movie theater there.

It is at Arizona Mills, down near the south end on the east side. It's been there since the mall opened.

as long as you are looking for the merch that is carried in the malls Disney stores and not anything park exclusive then yeah they are worth visiting. Some items are not very discounted, some are, so just check the signs/labels. As far as park merch, all of ours gets shipped to the Florida outlets and we don’t have anything like those outlets out here. I was super exicted to get the DCA “you are here” mug in the colors we wanted when we were last out in Florida.

Last edited:
Is there still a Disney Store/outlet at the Ontario Mills Mall? We used to stop there every trip and usually found great deals on Disney Store merchandise as well as some Park items.

as long as you are looking for the merch that is carried in the malls Disney stores and not anything park exclusive then yeah they are worth visiting. Some items are not very discounted, some are, so just check the signs/labels. As far as park merch, all of ours gets shipped to the Florida outlets and we don’t have anything like those outlets out here. I was super exicted to get the DCA “you are here” mug in the colors we wanted when we were last out in Florida.
We do get park-exclusive merch at our outlet here in Phoenix (Tempe), and it's mostly Disneyland stuff - we don't often get anything from WDW. Maybe that's because of proximity. I got a Diamond Celebration mug there, and a few different spirit-style tops. They always have Disneyland stuff, but a lot of it is, granted, stuff that wouldn't sell. We do get the odd gem, though - often enough that I have a closet full of Disney apparel.

We do get park-exclusive merch at our outlet here in Phoenix (Tempe), and it's mostly Disneyland stuff - we don't often get anything from WDW. Maybe that's because of proximity. I got a Diamond Celebration mug there, and a few different spirit-style tops. They always have Disneyland stuff, but a lot of it is, granted, stuff that wouldn't sell. We do get the odd gem, though - often enough that I have a closet full of Disney apparel.

This is exactly the same for Citadel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter