Disneyland October 28 and 29....will it be crowded?

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
We will be driving down oct. 27 (friday) and plan to be at the parks Sat and Sun.

Will it be crowded, being the weekend before Halloween?

Fantasmic is at 9 and 10:30. To avoid the crowds at 9, should we just head over to DCA and return to see the show at 10:30? Will it be that crowded?

We plan to get to the park at opening. When it will start to get crowded?

Would it be worth it to get RideMax for the weekend?

Julia

Well I don't do ridemax but I have been there a lot so I kinda know what to hit. If you don't it might be worth it for you. I would think since it is MHT and a weekend, my guess it that it will be pretty crowded but I don't think it will be unmanageable. What I like to do is be on the Haunted Mansion/Pooh/Splash Mountain side during the 9pm show and sneak in to my favorite spot after everyone leaves the early show. This has always worked for me, even on Sunday nights in the summer.

I don't know if you could go to DCA until the show, it's kinda harder to fight crowds coming out if you aren't already in the park. Also doesn't DCA close at 9pm those days? Or is it 10pm? If it's 9 you wouldn't have anywhere to go except for DL, so I would just be in there to begin with. But in June we had no problems seeing the Electrical Parade at 8:45, then heading over to DL and seeing the 10:30 F! show.

Good luck! Whatever you do, try it the first night so if it doesn't work out, you still have the next night!

Andrea

You know how on the WDW boards they mention "Jersey Week" in November, because the schools are closed for teachers convention? Well, at the end of October every year is "Nevada Day", so all schools in Nevada are closed for a long weekend.

We go to DL every year for that weekend, and see students every single time!!! :rotfl2: Soooooo...I think it's a bit more crowded than, say, the weekend before. If room rates are any indication, it shouldn't be too crazy. But, that's just MHO...YMMV!!!

Crowded or not, we'll be there!!!

We have it off also being in Las Vegas, but the last few years it has been a 4 day weekend and this year it is only 3, so hopefully that will help eliminate a few crowds for you. We are going in October but the 22-25, so I hope we miss them too!

Andrea

DCA will have Mickey's Halloween Treat on the 29th, so will close at 7, I believe. Mickey's Treat is from 7:30 till 11:30 and requires a separate ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter