• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Newport Bay/Cheyenne/Eurostar

rachel8u

I LOVE DISNEY ;)
:Pinkbounc I love Disney! I have stayed at Cheyenne(You are welcome to ask for any information) and this time we are having a Lake view at Newport Bay! Is there any info about the restraunts, what time to have breakfast or anything?

:rotfl: We are also going on the Eurostar and have been upgraded to First class/castle class-whats different-whats in the meal??
Any info would be great-We go in a week!!!! :hourglass

I have read a few times on here now that people have been upgraded to castle class or first class on the Eurostar? How does it happen? Do I just phone up and see if there's any chance of an upgrade!

Rachel8u - first class is the same carriages as castle club as this is replacing castle club on Eurostar. Whereas in cc you got a packed lunch affair you can now look forward to a hot meal with a drink enroute to Disneyland Paris! Weve had a chicken breast in wine-type sauce with roll, cheesecake pud and orange juice but im sure they have different types and surely you would expect at least 2 choices each time to travel. Youll love first class seats - wider and you can recline by lifting the lever at the side and shifting your bottom forward (a 6 year old girl called Angela had to show me!!!). As there are fewer people per carriage its generally quieter too, although if you get a loud family it doesnt matter whether your standard or first class! The luggage racks are slightly bigger and there are free newspapers/magazines (mostly in french but piccies are nice!) in the small two seater 'lounge area' outside the main carriage.
Joanne - why not try and ring them - what do you have to lose? I think they can offer upgrades if there are seats going spare on the day (you could ask at the check in desks) but we were offered a discount price (£60 per person one way instead of the normal £150) but have never been offered free unless its with a travel agents offer when initially booking our holiday.

Hi
We stayed in the Newport Bay in June 2002. I booked a non smoking room with a lakeview on the Admirals floor. It was our 25th wedding anniversary so wanted something a bit special.
When we arrived our room was not ready,when eventually we did get a room, it was on a smoking floor, and most definately did not have a lake view, in fact it had virtually no view.
I complained and eventually we were moved, this room was much nicer in fact it had a balcony and also a superb lake view. It was not on the Admirals floor (at least it had none of the extras ) but it was a room with a view so we were happy.
I have to say that we found the room to be smaller than we expected.
Other than the problem with the room we had a nice stay. Breakfast was really nice with a great view of the lake. The hotel was VAST, (I get lost very easily) by the time I found the pool my husband and son were on their way back to our room ! LOl
I certainly would recommend it, it was quite plush and had an "air" about it.

We stayed at the Cheyanne in 2003 and I have to say I preferred it. Not as plush as the Newport Bay but I loved it. The food court was rather busy and noisey but seemed to be part of the experience. Our son was more at home in the Cheyanne - it captured his imagination (The choice for breakfast was greater at the Newport Bay and of course you had the view too.)

We are going to stay at the SL in July so will have to see how it compares.
I guess that I would have to say that for us the Cheyanne had the edge over the Newport Bay and given the choice we would stay at the Cheyanne in future in preference to NB.

I totally agree! Hotel Cheyenne is our very favourite. No airs or graces just theming, comfy beds (if you discount that awful wooden surround - ouch my knees!!) and within walking distance to the parks.
The SL is also good. We stayed outside in a standard but got a bit lost wandering around the paths. The montana room in the main building was the best for us - we looked out over the rear of the hotel just above the restaurant areas and could just see the lake through the trees. The room wasnt big but enough for two double beds, chair, chest of drawers and lamps but the added bonus of having a pool at the hotel was great to relax in during the afternoon before going back to the parks for dinner and then on to the village. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. :flower:

You choose breakfast times when your arrive, you're given a choice of time slots, and can eat in either of the two restaurants.

Menus and reviews for all the restaurants are available here, so you can get an idea of what's on offer :)

We stayed in Newport Bay Club last summer and had a wonderful time, it's a really pretty hotel!

Joanne - We booked with Thomson in November, and then in December we got a phone call from one of the travel agents offering us an upgrade to their new First Class service with a three-course meal, etc. She said it would be £12 per person as it was a special offer. So we went for it (a lunch and dinner for £12 each isn't bad at all!) and are looking forward to it! :flower: You can always ring up and ask! Who did you book with?

I booked direct with Disney so I don't think I would be able to get an upgrade through them. Maybe I could phone Eurostar direct and see if there's any chance of one?

It's worth a try! I remember when the Thomson lady rang me, she said they had received a call from Eurostar telling them that they had some special offer seats. You've got nothing to lose! :)

(If you do ring, let us know how you get on!)

Phoned Eurostar and they said I could only upgrade on the day of my departure - cost £60 per person each way subject to availability. I guess it just depends whether they've not filled as many seats in first class as to whether they do special offers for upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter