Disneyland June 7 (Day 2)

GeorgeY

<font color=navy>Let me just say "I Love living in
Background:
Myself: 31 yr old software developer
Wife: 34 yr old Teacher
Son1: 7 yr old
Son2: 3 yr old:

After a comfortable nights sleep, son1 took the upper bunk and son2 took the lower bunk, we awoke to a beautiful morning at Disneyland. Around 9:30am we were all ready and headed down the elevator. Today we are going to start off in the Magic Kingdom. Right after we enter the park we go to the bakery and get some muffins for breakfast. They were very good for theme park muffins. We then headed for Fantasyland. Peter Pan was first. There was hardly any line, but the ride is slow loading, unlike WDW where there is a moving walkway, so even with just a few people there was still a wait. Pinocchio was next, and Then Mr Toad. But for some reason Son1 did not want to ride Mr Toad. I know Toad has a big following, but I am so glad they replaced the one here with Pooh. We then rode Alice in Wonderland, but by now there were very long lines. Alice was fun and the boys seemed to like it alot, The CM's seemed very good at making sure all the little kids got put on the inside of the cars (I am sure due to the sad situation that occured at Roger Rabbit). It was 11:15 and almost time for lunch at 11:30 at Blue Bayou. We walked around and stopped at some kiosks and let the boys pick up small fans to play with. When we arrived at Blue Bayou, they said they didn't open until noon, but since we had 11:30 reservations we could be seated then. So we went a little deeper into New Orleans Sqaure and had the kids portraits drawn, Son1 looks like himself, but Son2 barely resembles himself. Now it is more than likely due to the fact that Son2 is 3 yrs old and is very squirmy and kept wanting to see the picture.

At noon we headed into Blue Bayou. We were seated in the middle, with an okay view of the boats. The food was good, but the service seemed rushed and like she just wanted us in and out as quickly as possible. Right after we were seated and ordered, I ran out and got Pirates Fastpasses. After the meal we were able to go right to Pirates and board.
*** Non-Magical Moment (We had very few of these, so if you don't want to read, skip this section). This was not Disney's fault, but on Pirates, 2 rows behind us were 4 teen boys around 14/15 years old. After we left the dock, I heard one of them say, wait until after the drops to throw them. Naively I was thinking, maybe some pennys into the water, so I didn't think anything about it. But after the drops, all of a sudden, Son1 gets hit in the head with something. He actually though a pirate shot him. Right after, the two little girls in the row in front of us get hit in the head as well. Right before we get back to the dock, We look around and find skittles in the seat and the floor, we ask the people in front of us, if they got hit with the skittles, and they said yes. So now we are 1 boat away from unload, and I turn around and ask "Who was throwing the skittles?", of course the reply was "Not us", so I pointed to the kid on the end and said "Why did you say wait until after the drops to throw them?" And again he said he didn't say that. I said " All I want is an apology", but since they were still adament about it, I told them they better not leave the dock area. When we got off, we told the CM (loud enough so the boys could hear) They need to call Anaheim Police since we are pressing charges against the boys for assault. (Now this may have been a bit much, but as an anology if you throw something at a bear in the wild, theres a good chance the bear just leaves, if you throw something at a bear cub, there is a good chance, your never throwing anything else again). Well within seconds, Security and management was there. We explained that really all we wanted was an apology. After a few minutes of the Security guard telling the boys that if they did it they better admit to it. One boy did get scared and said it was the other boy, and then they came over and apolgized. We accepted as graciously as we could, and told the gaurd it was okay, and we would leave it at that. Both the supervisor and the gaurd agreed that this could be a good lesson for the boys and maybe they will be more careful in how they decide to play.
***Magical moment, After we settled with the situation, by the way everyone was great and very nice and professional about the situation, we were leaving pirates and the supervisor comes over and gives our two boys each 1 stuffed animal, Son1 got a Pirate Mickey and Son2 got a Pirate Pooh. He said he was concerned that our Disney Day would be ruined.

We then went through Tarzans Tree house and did Jungle Cruise with no wait. There was about a 5 minute wait, but the sign says use both sides, Why does everyone want to stand in line, so we went to the right and there was no one, so we walked right up to the boat and walked on. Now it is mid afternoon and we go back to the room to rest. Well it is hard to rest at Disneyland, so after about 1/2 and hour, I take the two boys into California Adventure. We ride King Tritons Carousel and the Sun Wheel. The Sun Wheel was fun, and I really wanted to go on a swinging car, but Son1 didn't, Son2 did and late in the trip we get to. We go back to the room. Did I say how nice the Grand Californian is to be located in the park. The convenience is just incredible. We goto StoryTellers Cafe for Dinner and you get your choice of ordering of the menu or the buffet. we chose the buffet. The food was better than Goofys Kitchen, but still not quite as good as WDW buffets, The Charred Corn Chowder however was great. After Dinner we headed back to Disneyland, and got Fastpasses for Autopia and then went to Toontown and rode the Jolly Trolly a few times. Toontown was empty, It was around 8pm. We also rode Gadgets go coaster 1 time. at 8:10 it was now time for our fastpass window, so we went to Autopia and had a great time. The off road section is really cool and the length is good. At WDW the ride seems so short, but here it was nice.
Again we have tired ourselves out, and walked back through Downtown Disney to the hotel (We did find it easier to walk into California Adventure and back to the resort, but California Adventure closed at 8 this night). Once again, Grad nite was at Cal Adv so we heard some screams through the night and enjoyed our chocolates left on the beds.

GeorgeY

Thanks for sharing Day Two, George! :D That's awful about the kids on Pirates, I am SO glad you didn't let it go and that Disney made it as right as they could.

Can't wait to read more! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter