Disneyland hotels reservations?

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
What month will the reservation system open up to book a hotel reservation for 2024 at one of the 3 Disneyland hotels?

TIA!

I'm wondering as well! This will be our first time to Disneyland (we usually go to WDW) and I keep wondering why I can't make hotel reservations yet...

Hey Ron,
I know your family is anxious to go back, but if you guys enjoyed the parks in the summer, I think you’ll really have a blast when the Christmas decorations go up. Ya your family might unfortunately have to wait a little longer, but Its a Small World overlay as well as the Haunted Mansion make over are just a few of the many reasons why it’s my family’s favorite time to go!! And the GCH Lobby is amazin!

I have been wondering this for a while, we've been to WDW about 15 times and are travelling from NOLA to LA by train at the beginning of next year and then having a week there, and of course this means a must do trip to Disneyland. I find it very unusual that the hotels are not yet available, but then I suppose I'm used to booking WDW

Hey Ron,
I know your family is anxious to go back, but if you guys enjoyed the parks in the summer, I think you’ll really have a blast when the Christmas decorations go up. Ya your family might unfortunately have to wait a little longer, but Its a Small World overlay as well as the Haunted Mansion make over are just a few of the many reasons why it’s my family’s favorite time to go!! And the GCH Lobby is amazin!
Great point. My kids are in high school so we don't like to take them out for a period of time. How are the crowds during Christmas week? WDW's are so very busy, is DL better being more of a locals destination?

We just loved it there so very much.

I'm waiting patiently too!! Ron, I read your trip report and could not have said it better myself. We are east coasters with about a 10 hour drive to WDW...and after our first DL trip in October 2022, we are now claiming to be official Disneylanders! We've went back in June and now I'm just waiting for packages to drop so I can book our 2 trips planned for next year! :P

When my husband called Disney earlier this summer to ask, he was told August, and that it would be announced with a few days’ lead time before rooms actually go on sale…well, it’s mid-August…hopefully soon!

I Googled when this year’s dates opened up in 2022 and it looks like it was announced August 15 and went on sale August 17…? So that would be…today? I’m on east coast time so I guess I’ll be watching for news around noon today 😂

Last edited:
I'm waiting patiently too!! Ron, I read your trip report and could not have said it better myself. We are east coasters with about a 10 hour drive to WDW...and after our first DL trip in October 2022, we are now claiming to be official Disneylanders! We've went back in June and now I'm just waiting for packages to drop so I can book our 2 trips planned for next year! :P
Great to hear we absolutely loved it. We've been back home 10 days and we are all talking about going next year. Next year Tiana's Kitchen will be open, I'm guessing the DTD construction will be finished with more food choices and Fantasmic hopefully will be running again. It'll be like an entire new experience for you and us next year.

Boo, do you stay on property or off?

Great point. My kids are in high school so we don't like to take them out for a period of time. How are the crowds during Christmas week? WDW's are so very busy, is DL better being more of a locals destination?

We just loved it there so very much.
Ah that’s understandable. Honestly we’ve never gone during Christmas week but have gone many times during thanksgiving break (usually Wednesday-Sunday). It’s pretty busy but very manageable, not as bad compared to Christmas week from what I’ve been told. We just feel Disneyland is that much more special with all of the holiday touches (decorationos, ride overlays, hot chocolate as well as carolers in the GCH lobby, etc).

Great to hear we absolutely loved it. We've been back home 10 days and we are all talking about going next year. Next year Tiana's Kitchen will be open, I'm guessing the DTD construction will be finished with more food choices and Fantasmic hopefully will be running again. It'll be like an entire new experience for you and us next year.

Boo, do you stay on property or off?
That's exactly how I'm feeling! We skipped Fantasmic on our first trip thinking we could catch it next time...oops haha!

We've done both! We stayed at Paradise Pier the first trip and The Anaheim Hotel the second. The first trip was myself and my fiancé. We loved the early entry but the price was a lot. He's not a theme park guy (and had sworn off WDW but was already planning on extending the length to our next DLR trip after the first day) so having a bit of a nicer hotel that was in the Disney bubble was good for us since I could ditch him and walk to the park all on property.

The second was a trip with myself and my best friend who had never been to Disney in any capacity. The Anaheim Hotel was great for us because it was a short walk, the price was right, and we are both theme parkers who don't want to miss anything. We really just need a place to sleep. We would midday nap and pool and the pool there was huge!

Next year I think we're going to do the same thing. We are taking my fiancé's youngest on a high school graduation trip at the end of June and I think we're going to do the DLH and kinda go all out. Then another girls trip in October this time and off property.

The one thing I would recommend is if you're thinking about going summer again, I would avoid grad nights if possible. It wasn't awful...just something I would avoid in the future if I can!

That's exactly how I'm feeling! We skipped Fantasmic on our first trip thinking we could catch it next time...oops haha!

We've done both! We stayed at Paradise Pier the first trip and The Anaheim Hotel the second. The first trip was myself and my fiancé. We loved the early entry but the price was a lot. He's not a theme park guy (and had sworn off WDW but was already planning on extending the length to our next DLR trip after the first day) so having a bit of a nicer hotel that was in the Disney bubble was good for us since I could ditch him and walk to the park all on property.

The second was a trip with myself and my best friend who had never been to Disney in any capacity. The Anaheim Hotel was great for us because it was a short walk, the price was right, and we are both theme parkers who don't want to miss anything. We really just need a place to sleep. We would midday nap and pool and the pool there was huge!

Next year I think we're going to do the same thing. We are taking my fiancé's youngest on a high school graduation trip at the end of June and I think we're going to do the DLH and kinda go all out. Then another girls trip in October this time and off property.

The one thing I would recommend is if you're thinking about going summer again, I would avoid grad nights if possible. It wasn't awful...just something I would avoid in the future if I can!
Thanks for the response. My wife wants to stay on property which is doable with my daughter, who works at WDW, cast member discount. She booked us GCH for 40% off. We loved it there but are thinking about trying the DLH this time, but we are afraid that if we don't like it we'll be sorry we weren't at GCH.

Have great upcoming trips from a fellow "Disneylander." I stole that from you.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter