• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland hotel info

maryfree

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, I just found out that I will finally be going to Disneyland with my son and Grandchildren this summer (late August) Ive been to WDW dozens of times,but I am just so exicited to see the original...My question is We really would love to stay at The Disneyland Hotel,but I was wondering if anyone thinks they may offer any sort of discount for this hotel at some point before August....also any feedback on what I might expect at Disneyland as oppose to WDW would be great...Im looking so forward to our trip...thanks so much...

You might want to check with AAA. Although the discount may not be huge, when you book a package w/AAA you get unlimited fastpass privileges, which certainly helps with ride lines in August! We did it last August, and we're doing it again in April.

As far as Disneyland v. WDW, you'll find that Disneyland is like bizarro WDW- a lot of the things are the same, but lands and rides aren't always in the same place! Also, DL is much smaller, most noticeably- IMO- the castle! The 2 parks are also right across from each other, and Downtown Disney is right there as well, so everything is a walk away. One of the neat things to think about DL is that Walt was actually there, it's the original park...I found that prices in the parks were similar to exactly the same, and the same for food. And if you're a pin-trader, I think WDW is much better ;)
You'll have a good time no matter what you do though!

I would check with the Disney Visa. I know that during March we got rooms at the Disneyland Hotel for $119. I don't know how often they offer specials but when they do it is definitely worth it.

WDTC takes care of Disney Visa packages too. The neat thing about using Disney Visa is that if you buy your vacation with it (using the 800 number for Disney Visa vacations), it is 0% interest! I have no idea if the 0% works if you use it for another package (i.e. WDTC or AAA).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter