Disneyland Hotel: Honor bar in room?

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
I read that the GCH rooms have one, and you will get charged if you so much as move an item. With two young children, I definitely don't want to deal with that! Also read that you can ask the staff to lock it, just want to know beforehand if we need to do this.

Does anyone know if there is one in a DLH standard room? Thx!

DLH does not have honor bars. They do have a nice size refrigerator. At least that is how it was when we were there last summer.

There is nothing inside the fridge, correct?

Also, how big a milk carton will the fridge hold? We're thinking of ordering groceries to be delivered, and I have no idea what will fit in the fridge. We basically want to fit milk and some water bottles for the day into the fridge.

Thanks.

Will the staff at GCH empty the fridge (honor bar) if you want? Or for a fee?

Thanks!

Oh, and just how expensive are the honor bar items? Are talking about a $10 candy bar? Just curious. Since this is our 10th wedding anniversary trip, we were thinking of splurging, but $10 candybar splurge if you know what I mean.!LOL

alex2mommy - correct. It is an empty refrigerator. I don't believe it'll hold a gallon of milk uprigh though. We stuck water bottle in it. But I believe we had to lie them down.
kwdietrich1 - GCH des not empty the honor bar. They will lock it so that it is permanantly locked throughout your stay. (no one will be able to open, not even to take a peek). They will however, bring you another refrigerator (an empty one ) if requested and if they still have some that are not already taken. Just put it in your room request. - I don't know whow much honor bar items are. Can't help you there. We had ours locked when we last stayed there.

victorandbellasmom said:
alex2mommy - correct. It is an empty refrigerator. I don't believe it'll hold a gallon of milk uprigh though. We stuck water bottle in it. But I believe we had to lie them down.
kwdietrich1 - GCH des not empty the honor bar. They will lock it so that it is permanantly locked throughout your stay. (no one will be able to open, not even to take a peek). They will however, bring you another refrigerator (an empty one ) if requested and if they still have some that are not already taken. Just put it in your room request.

Wow! Thanks! That was a quick response! I'm glad to hear if they have any available we can request one.

Alex2kMommy said:
There is nothing inside the fridge, correct?

Also, how big a milk carton will the fridge hold? We're thinking of ordering groceries to be delivered, and I have no idea what will fit in the fridge. We basically want to fit milk and some water bottles for the day into the fridge.

Thanks.

We fit a 1/2 gallon of milk in the door. And it froze solid each night! The knob to adjust the temp was broken. If we were staying longer, we would have called to have it fixed, but we just defrosted the milk each morning. :rotfl2:

Also curious to find out the cost of the items. At the Hard Rock Hotel last summer, my teen got into *all* of the goodies while we were at the park so I ended up paying for the entire contents. Yikes! lol Can't remember how much I paid but it wasn't an "out there" price.

Thanks for the info, everyone - We'll plan to get a half-gallon of milk then, and hope the temp control on ours is working! :)

kwdietrich1 said:
Oh, and just how expensive are the honor bar items? Are talking about a $10 candy bar? Just curious. Since this is our 10th wedding anniversary trip, we were thinking of splurging, but $10 candybar splurge if you know what I mean.!LOL

My TA was there not too long ago and a box of raisenettes (sp?) was $2.50. That is about what it costs at a movie around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter