DisneyLand Hong Kong, stay clear!

Ron Pitts

Earning My Ears
Not sure what magic DisneyLand applied at Hong Kong but it certainly isn't working for me.

We stayed at the DisneyLand Hotel the day before, all good except they lost the Minnie mouse photo taken during the dinner (PhotoPass) which happened to be the only photo with my younger son (he was too scared to have a photo taken with the other characters).

However the major disappointment occurred the next day on entering DisneyLand Park.

I purchased several tickets online via the disney site and paid using my Mastercard and printed these out without any issue.

However on queuing at the gate with my family i was told the tickets had been cancelled by the bank and then taken to one side and interviewed by park security (3 guys dressed in jeans !!). Apparently the bank has flagged it as fraud. I basically needed to purchase new tickets which I used the same credit card no problem but the whole experience was very distressing at the time.

However on returning home I've contacted the bank and they have informed me the transaction was never cancelled or flagged as fraud, on my statement i can see that this is true, Disney have actually refunded the so called fraud transaction and then recharged again !

Surely this matter needs to be investigated and whoever flag this as fraud needs to be held accountable.

Please share......

I’ve been to China 4 times. My wife’s Chinese. China’s fun and cheap for us but about 1000 years behind us. The truth hurts. I’m surprised you are not taking about them cutting in line. But it is awful fun being an American in those parks. Your basically a superstar. Oh and my card info was actually stolen there or in Shaihai DisneyLand.... but I will be going back sooo fun but you must be ready for the nuttiness that is life in China.

Last edited:
Yeah agree, probably next time I'll visit the original Disney Land in the USA. Pretty sure I'll get better experience than HK. Funny thing is that the security personnel wanted to photo copy my credit card and I said NO !!! Sounds like its run by the mafia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter