Disneyland Honeymoon Trip Advice <3

WaltDisneyGirl84

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

I have been a WDW fanatic since birth and at 34, I am FINALLY getting to visit Disneyland in a month!! My fiance's parents gifted us with this honeymoon and we are over the moon and so very excited.

We have tried to be as on top of things for the trip that we can. Watched tons of YouTube videos about Disneyland. We are hope hope hoping that the World of Color reopens by the time we are there, but I'm ready for a letdown if it doesn't happen.

We have booked dining reservations for just about every day for most meals (2 fancy ones and the rest are just places we knew we had to try). We know Fast Passes work differently over there.

If anyone can provide us with any other tips on how best to enjoy our honeymoon/vacation, we would greatly appreciate your guidance! I know this is very open ended, but thank you in advance! :)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Start with this classic thread (most of the info is up to date) and come on back with any questions: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. Best tip I can give is to come to DLR with a completely open mind, no presuppositions or WDW expectations -- just take DLR for what it is: similar to WDW, but a whole different place on a whole different coast with a whole different Disney culture. We always tell our friends to make good plans, have back up plans, then get ready to let everything go and let the magic happen! Have a great trip!

Don't be afraid to ride everything - even Dumbo - with your Hunny! It's so fun to play with your other half in the parks. Soak in the magic and if you have MM or EMH learn about the rules and restrictions for them,

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Hubs and I took our honeymoon at DL six years ago.

My biggest piece of advice: Get pictures! Every time you see a Photo Pass photog, stop and get pictures. At least with Hubs and I, we didn't have many pictures of he and I together, especially because we had grown kids and a teen back at home, so we had lots of everyone together, but not just he and I.

Wear the wedding hats. At least for a little while. And a Just Married button. It's great fun having lots of people congratulating you, and provides another memory.

Have a great time!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Hubs and I took our honeymoon at DL six years ago.

My biggest piece of advice: Get pictures! Every time you see a Photo Pass photog, stop and get pictures. At least with Hubs and I, we didn't have many pictures of he and I together, especially because we had grown kids and a teen back at home, so we had lots of everyone together, but not just he and I.

Wear the wedding hats. At least for a little while. And a Just Married button. It's great fun having lots of people congratulating you, and provides another memory.

Have a great time!

That's a great one. My husband and I joke that we don't have any pictures of us together anywhere except in Disney parks. We still stop at all the photopass photographers together but we never take pictures together at home.

Congratulations! A few tips commonly recommended around here are 1) Arrive early! 30 minutes before park opening is great, if possible 2). Get a hotel within walking distance. If possible you want to avoid taking a shuttle or having a car to park. Uber and Lyft work great if your hotel isn’t within walking distance. 3) Get Maxpass and learn how to use it. I think it is very simple and easy to use but it’s nice to read up about it before arrival. I think there are some tutorials on YouTube too.
Ok...adding one more. Mobile ordering. Download the app (obviously) and take advantage of mobile ordering.
Have a great trip!

My husband and I just did a us only trip.

My advice? Slow down and enjoy. Disneyland is much more chill than WDW. Maxpass is so flexible. We did one day where we went crazy for rides, pulling fastpasses all day long. We were so tired hit it was so fun. We also found which rides we HAD to ride at night so we started watching return times.

We also took a day where we focused more on shows/characters than rides. Catch the band at 1230 in front of the castle and jump behind them for a march down Main Street. Just walk around and catch the characters as they walk around unlike WDW.

At night- just hold your loves hand and walk around. So many little surprises everywhere.

I recommend cancelling some of those food reservations. Where do you have?

We *love* counter service food at DLR. I dream about some stuff the whole year between trips!

My husband and I did our honeymoon at disneyland 29 years ago. He had been down there once with his brother who cherry picked rides, I took him on everything, his absolute favorite is Peter Pan. We are going back down to celebrate our 30th without kids for the second time ever. Just take your time ride the rides you want, we actually took a break on the train and rode it around 4 times. Its the small stuff like sharing a funnel cake while watching the boat traffic on the river or just riding Mr Toad. A nice sit down meal ir corn dogs on main street.

That's a great one. My husband and I joke that we don't have any pictures of us together anywhere except in Disney parks. We still stop at all the photopass photographers together but we never take pictures together at home.

Congrats! DH took me to Disneyland for our honeymoon and we are going there to celebrate our 20th anniversary next year!

We had a photo take of the two of us with Winnie the Pooh that has been on my bedside table since then. We are planning on bringing the photo with us and getting a new picture taken with us holding the picture.

Hey everyone!

I have been a WDW fanatic since birth and at 34, I am FINALLY getting to visit Disneyland in a month!! My fiance's parents gifted us with this honeymoon and we are over the moon and so very excited.

We have tried to be as on top of things for the trip that we can. Watched tons of YouTube videos about Disneyland. We are hope hope hoping that the World of Color reopens by the time we are there, but I'm ready for a letdown if it doesn't happen.

We have booked dining reservations for just about every day for most meals (2 fancy ones and the rest are just places we knew we had to try). We know Fast Passes work differently over there.

If anyone can provide us with any other tips on how best to enjoy our honeymoon/vacation, we would greatly appreciate your guidance! I know this is very open ended, but thank you in advance! :)

What are your dining reservations?
It is a lot for DL, and there is not the variety of places that WDW has.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Start with this classic thread (most of the info is up to date) and come on back with any questions: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. Best tip I can give is to come to DLR with a completely open mind, no presuppositions or WDW expectations -- just take DLR for what it is: similar to WDW, but a whole different place on a whole different coast with a whole different Disney culture. We always tell our friends to make good plans, have back up plans, then get ready to let everything go and let the magic happen! Have a great trip!

Thank you so much! I will check that out. We are THRILLED to be coming to Disneyland and understand it is similar but different, I do not aspire to be "THAT" Disney fan, LOL. I just want to walk where Walt once walked. I cannot wait to experience everything! :)

I plan to do every ride I can!!! lol! The soon to be husband doesn't do rollercoasters, so there are some rides I'll have to do solo. I don't mind!! Thanks for the tidbit! :)

Congratulations!

I would definitely eat at the Chef's Counter at the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian. It's honeymoon worthy.

Where are you staying?

Have a great time!

Aww, it's nice to have this similarity :) My fiance is a photographer in his spare time, so he better take as many pictures as possible!
I recommend cancelling some of those food reservations. Where do you have?

We *love* counter service food at DLR. I dream about some stuff the whole year between trips!

We realize we will have to pick and choose when it comes to what we want to eat, but here is our plan for dining daily:

M - No breakfast (we will be traveling), Lunch is a corndog on Main St., Dinner @ Carthay Circle
T - B- Red Rose Taverne, L- Plaza Inn, D- Cafe Orleans
W - B- Carnation Cafe, L- Wine Country Trattoria, D- Wing it with a walk up
Th - Off property for the day
F - B- Bakery, L- Lamplight Lounge, D- Steakhouse 55

Feel free to add critiques and opinions! We welcome any help! We did spend a WHILE researching things we must try, but the regulars know best! We will be staying on property at the Paradise Pier hotel.

Aww, it's nice to have this similarity :) My fiance is a photographer in his spare time, so he better take as many pictures as possible!

We realize we will have to pick and choose when it comes to what we want to eat, but here is our plan for dining daily:

M - No breakfast (we will be traveling), Lunch is a corndog on Main St., Dinner @ Carthay Circle
T - B- Red Rose Taverne, L- Plaza Inn, D- Cafe Orleans
W - B- Carnation Cafe, L- Wine Country Trattoria, D- Wing it with a walk up
Th - Off property for the day
F - B- Bakery, L- Lamplight Lounge, D- Steakhouse 55

Feel free to add critiques and opinions! We welcome any help! We did spend a WHILE researching things we must try, but the regulars know best! We will be staying on property at the Paradise Pier hotel.
Yeah, that just seems like way too many reservations. You won’t be able to go with the flow. You may have to rush something or forgo a fast pass because of having so many reservations. Wine country trattoria is a definite skip. Blah.

I’d go for blue bayou over cafe Orleans. But that’s opinion.

Is Napa rose available? I ate at steakhouse 55 a couple of weeks ago. It was ok. Equal to blue bayou. But I’ve heard amazing things about napa rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter