Disneyland help needed...

BrideToBe82

Mouseketeer
DH and I got married at the DL resort in 07 and we are planning a return trip this upcoming February for his birthday. Because I was so overwhelmed with wedding plans we really didn't plan much inside of the park besides the Fantasmic! dessert party.

So, I need your help...

What is on your must do/must see list for Disneyland?

Favorite restaurants? I really want to make reservations at the Blue Bayou for DH's b-day.

Any advice for cutting costs (I've browsed mousesavers, disboards, etc. but I would like YOUR tips)?

Thank you!! :goofy:

My favorite rides include:
-Indiana Jones
-Space Mountain
-Haunted Mansion
-Splash Mountain
-Big Thunder Mountain

But also must sees for anybody are:
-Peter Pan
-It's a Small World
-Pirates
-Matterhorn

For DCA, the must sees in my opinion:
-Soarin
-California Screamin
-Tower of Terror
-Disney Animation
-It's Tough to be a Bug
-Toy Story Midway Mania

For quick service restaurants, I like the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country. They have big burgers and other sandwiches. Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland has large platters of decent Mexican food. In Tomorrowland I recommend Redd Rockett's Pizza Port which has decent pizza and pretty good pastas. At DCA, Taste Pilot's Grill isn't bad, but a lot of people like leaving DCA through the GCH entrance and going to White Water Snacks in the hotel.

For table service restaurants, I have only been to the BB in the parks, but I do like the Jazz Kitchen and Naples, both in Downtown Disney.

Cutting costs??? One of the best tips is to bring your own breakfast foods to eat in the hotel or at the gates. It saves the cost of one meal and you also don't have to waste the important morning hours of the day in a restaurant.

Also, if you want to save on drink costs, you can bring water bottles and little packets of lemonade or iced tea or something else that you can find at a grocery store.

I have not been to BB or Napa Rose myself (just hasn't worked out yet on our trips) but please do some research on this site in regards to both. I seem to remember alot of posts in regard to people being disappointed with BB and loving Napa Rose.

Must Do/Must See - don't overplan your time there - schedule a few things - make loose plans - but go there and enjoy just being there.

We stay offsite to save money. We usually have dinner in our room or at one of the hotels on Harbor. We do not have an AP so we do not have access to that discount. Many posters say that with the AP discount it is the same cost to eat in the park. We bring in our own drinks and snacks -although without kids, I wouldn't be packing all those snacks.

Congratulations on your marriage! Ah...... to have found Mr. Right. :)

On my list is:

Pirates of the Caribbean

The Haunted Mansion

The Indy Ride

The Enchanted Tiki Room (Not a ride, a show)

The Matterhorn

Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road

I do like all of the rides.

I love the Blue Bayou Restaurant. It would be a p.s. that one makes. It is not the same thing as a reservation. What it does is make one's p.s. (Priority seating) a priority over people that will approach the podium to see about making a p.s.
I recommend in addition to making a p.s. is to request (At the time checking in at the podium for your p.s.) a water side table. I suggest to do so, at least 20 minutes prior to your p.s.
The Blue Bayou does have a split plate fee. So one can share their dinner, for a small charge. I believe it is currently $4.99, for the split plate charge.

Things I can't miss...
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Big Thunder
California Screamin'

Things I enjoy...
People watching
Watching the 80's band at Tomorrowland Terrace
Watching people swing dance at Carnation Plaza (or whatever it's called)
Fireworks

Snacks I love...
Churros
Veggies and ranch
Dill pickle
Chocolate filled croissant (especially with a mocha or hot choclate)

Counter Service I enjoy...
Pizza Port in Tomorrowland (chicken fuseli and a side salad)
Pacfic Wharf at DCA (broc. cheese soup in a bread bowl)
Hungry Bear (decent burgers)

Favorite ways to save a few bucks...
Stay offsite at the Anaheim Plaza
Bring my own water into the parks
Eat breakfast in the room before going to the parks
Split a meal with my husband if we aren't super hungry

Here here, I agree about the chocolate croissant at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. Very tasty, well priced too. I had that one morning with O.J. The next morning I was going to order the chocolate croissant again. However, I decided the line was longer from what I was interested in waiting in. That was near the time that Dl. had opened too. The line was not too long mind you. It is just that I did not have the patience for what the line was at the time. So I just nibbled some trail mix instead. I had drank O.J. while I was walking over to the ART stop, that morning. It was perfect timing. For as I was finishing my small cup, ART was pulling up to the stop. I enjoyed the ART service for the several days of my stay in Anaheim.

I hope that you and your DH, will have a wonderful and magical visit with the Mouse! :) And............ Happy birthday to your DH as well (I know it is a bit early, but that is o.k.) :)

mmmmm Blue Bayou......so good! :) The menus have changed tho, be sure to check them out on allears.net. :) For CS we love Taste Pilots Grill in DCA, Rancho Del Zocalo, Pizza Port, Hungry Bear in DL. Why don't you guys do a character meal? I wanted to this trip but it's DBF's birthday trip so he got to pick and he said no to the character meal. LOL He said we should do that with the kids and he's right. :)

Congrats on your marriage, enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter