• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Halloween Party 2018

Any chance of a mid Aug party like at WDW? Seems way too early to think about Halloween but since we are there this year, it would be great if they had one.
They normally start the parties 1-2 weeks are Halloween time begins which is usually the Friday after Labor Day or the following Friday.

I can understand this. What I do is plan on a day of the week that the party usually falls on. The last three years I have gone to the Halloween party that was the third Friday in the month of October and this year I plan to go on Halloween. I know they could change the party dates but chances are they won't for my configuration. Its been consistent that they always have parties on Friday nights and on Halloween. I also usually come 3-4 days during this time of year so, if the party dates are not on a Friday but one of the other days then I'm covered. I don't count weekends into this plan as the Saturday parties are scarce. Then ill book my hotel and flight. After the party dates are released and I've purchased my party ticket I will make and TS reservations or WOC dessert party reservations etc. DL doesn't book up like WDW so there is some wiggle room here. And those don't open up until 60 days anyhow.

Edited to add: so if I were you I would make somewhat of a similar plan by looking at the prior Halloween party dates in the prior years. Fridays in October are a pretty safe bet as far as I'm concerned. The weekday party's I've noticed sometime change. I hope this helps.

Yes, this is kind of how I've been planning. I'm pretty sure our dates are going to be October 6-10. The 6th is a Friday, but that will be arrival day for everyone, so park days will be Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with Tuesday being the departure day. So, I'm hoping there will be a party on Monday the 9th, but I know there is no guarantee. I'm thinking maybe we should extend our trip by a day and have Wednesday the 11th be our departure day. That way, we could do a Tuesday party, if they have one scheduled for the 10th.

"luvflorida" you mention you are coordinating with "family member from three states". Be sure they are all aware of the time lines of past ticket "SellOuts". It's not uncommon for a member or two of a large group to delay purchasing tickets only to find the date needed is sold out.

I love going to the parks with a large group of my family. You're going to have a blast!!

Good luck with your planning coordination.
Geemo[/QUOTE]

The good thing is that I'M the one doing all the planning, so I'll be the one to purchase all the Halloween party tickets. I'll keep on top of watching for updates and ticket announcements, and as soon as they go on sale, I'll purchase them. I can even go ahead and make hotel reservations before everyone is sure of their trip dates, because they can always be rearranged closer to the trip. I know it's going to be a busy time of year at Disneyland, so I really hope we can coordinate our dates sooner rather than later. It would be SO much easier if Disney would just release party dates earlier than they do!

Thanks so much for all the info! I think it's going to be a really fun trip! Hectic at times, I'm sure, but fun!

Yes, this is kind of how I've been planning. I'm pretty sure our dates are going to be October 6-10. The 6th is a Friday, but that will be arrival day for everyone, so park days will be Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with Tuesday being the departure day. So, I'm hoping there will be a party on Monday the 9th, but I know there is no guarantee. I'm thinking maybe we should extend our trip by a day and have Wednesday the 11th be our departure day. That way, we could do a Tuesday party, if they have one scheduled for the 10th.

Thanks so much for all the info! I think it's going to be a really fun trip! Hectic at times, I'm sure, but fun!

My 2018 October calendar has the 6th as a Saturday and the 9th a Tuesday.

Your dates are during the Fall Gay Days event at Disneyland, Oct 5-7. Which is an event held at Disneyland but a NON-Disney event.
It means the parks will be a little busier.

Geemo

My 2018 October calendar has the 6th as a Saturday and the 9th a Tuesday.

Your dates are during the Fall Gay Days event at Disneyland, Oct 5-7. Which is an event held at Disneyland but a NON-Disney event.
It means the parks will be a little busier.

Geemo

Oops, I was looking at the wrong calendar! Sorry about that! Yes, the dates would be the 5th-9th! Just what we need...busier than normal parks!:scared: The problem is that not everyone has the same vacation dates. Our grandkids have a week off from school in October, but we have several family members who are teachers that have a different week off in October. Someone is going to have to miss a few days of work or school, and the teachers aren't allowed to take days off directly following a vacation week. Somehow we'll get this all figured out!:hyper:

Just in case this is a typo I wanted to point out that the 6th is a Saturday not a Friday. I think a more guaranteed plan would be to plan a Friday party as the other days the parties fluctuate from year to year if you really want a confirmed party date. This last year I wanted to go two parties so I planned to fly in Wednesday morning and there was no party on Wed or Thur so Friday was the only possible day for me. The prior year 2016 parties were on Mon, Wed, Fri and because you have to plan flight and hotel in advance to get a good rate my plan failed for the second party. But this is just my experience.

Oops, I was looking at the wrong calendar! Sorry about that! Yes, the dates would be the 5th-9th! Just what we need...busier than normal parks!:scared: The problem is that not everyone has the same vacation dates. Our grandkids have a week off from school in October, but we have several family members who are teachers that have a different week off in October. Someone is going to have to miss a few days of work or school, and the teachers aren't allowed to take days off directly following a vacation week. Somehow we'll get this all figured out!:hyper:
That first weekend in October, even though it's Gay Days, we have been going to the DLR for the past several years.
I'd be going again in 2018 if my grandson's fiance hadn't picked Oct 6th as their wedding date.

Don't worry about crowds... You'll be at DISNEYLAND!!

Just what we need...busier than normal parks!:scared:
Really, don't worry about gay days. It doesn't have that big of an impact on crowds in my opinion. We have been going for the past few years and always enjoy it. If you look at the Gay Days Anaheim website, they have (or will have later in the year if it's not up yet) a schedule of events which basically amounts to areas where they will meet up throughout the day. If you're worried about the crowds, just avoid those places at those times. And if you decide to go to the Halloween party on that Friday, don't wait too long to purchase because it's usually one of the first to sell out. Generally it's not much worse than any weekend these days.

That first weekend in October, even though it's Gay Days, we have been going to the DLR for the past several years.
I'd be going again in 2018 if my grandson's fiance hadn't picked Oct 6th as their wedding date.

Don't worry about crowds... You'll be at DISNEYLAND!!

So true!:jumping3:

Really, don't worry about gay days. It doesn't have that big of an impact on crowds in my opinion. We have been going for the past few years and always enjoy it. If you look at the Gay Days Anaheim website, they have (or will have later in the year if it's not up yet) a schedule of events which basically amounts to areas where they will meet up throughout the day. If you're worried about the crowds, just avoid those places at those times. And if you decide to go to the Halloween party on that Friday, don't wait too long to purchase because it's usually one of the first to sell out. Generally it's not much worse than any weekend these days.

Thanks! Good to know! I don't think we'll be able to make it to that Friday's party, since we're all arriving throughout the day at different times. I'm crossing my fingers for a Monday or Tuesday party (8th or 9th).

Well, I went ahead and made hotel reservations for our family trip in October. Since we're a pretty big group, I wanted to make sure we got the hotel and configuration of rooms we want while there is still plenty of availability. Our dates cover a Friday night and a Monday night, so hopefully, we should be assured of a Halloween Party on one of those nights. I know in years past, Friday nights are usually a good bet, as well as some Monday nights.

Now I'm just waiting patiently for the release of party dates! Come on, July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter