Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

What's interesting is that these sell out times still fall short of the record. The inaugural Star Wars Half at Disneyland saw the challenge sell out in less than 30 minutes.

I also wonder if to some degree, the date played a role. The Disneyland Half this year was on MLK weekend and all previous Disneyland Half Marathons were held on Labor Day weekend. So no holiday weekend this time may impact ability for some to travel.

This time the Half had a lot fewer characters than I remember for previous Half Marathons at Disneyland including Star Wars and Avengers. And a lot fewer photos in the parks last month. I have one in front of the castle during the half. Nothing from Galaxy's Edge. I didn't even see photographers in Avengers Campus. Hopefully, that is one area that they fix up for these races.

The half course was pretty similar to previous half courses. Always some variation. I thought the community support was nice as well and pretty similar to previous Disneyland races.

I am hopeful they will figure that out. While Coast to Coast challenges will always bring some to Disneyland, this is also an opportunity to showcase Disneyland and its strengths and charms. While of necessity the race experiences will always be different between the two coasts, Disneyland has a lot to offer. I would hope that they want to make sure they put on good race experiences to show off why Disneyland is special in its own right.

Even the tweaks from the 10K to the Half security wise were good last month.
Out of curiosity what were the tweaks from 10K to half last month?

View attachment 833777
Attached is the 10K staging area from January. I’m planning to stay on Clementine in September, but north of the “Event Entry” spot marked on the map. Does anyone remember if it’s possible to walk around the secure area to make it to the entry point on Clementine? Or even if I could cut across the parking lots to get to the entry point closer to Harbor?
I stayed by that entry area. The sidewalks were open, even the streets were fenced off. Just follow the sidewalk to the rear of the corrals. There was a security checkpoint at that entry. After going through that checkpoint we hung out in that area until corrals were opened. Did not enter the staging area.

That twitter account suggested joining Telegram - which I did - feels like a SCAM collecting info then said the referenced runDisAlert did not exist... Scam?!?

Nope. Not a scam. I’ve used it multiple times to register last minute.

So just want to put this out here.. I am the one who started this thread and when I posted it, I was just announcing the new race. I sadly will not be doing the race. So if you guys want like someone who has the first post with all the people in it maybe we need to start a new thread for the race. Just food for thought so if you guys do not care about that continue on and have fun at Disneyland Halloween race. Soo jealous.

So just want to put this out here.. I am the one who started this thread and when I posted it, I was just announcing the new race. I sadly will not be doing the race. So if you guys want like someone who has the first post with all the people in it maybe we need to start a new thread for the race. Just food for thought so if you guys do not care about that continue on and have fun at Disneyland Halloween race. Soo jealous.
I don't know enough about these boards to know the answer, but: is it possible to have ownership of a thread transferred to someone else? It would be a shame to lose the benefit of 22 pages of information already and I was thinking maybe we could just transition it into the race thread. Any admins out there know?

Anyone know how much the challenge cost with tax/fees? I registered my friend along with my 10k registation and wasn't sure exactly how much of the total was hers.

I don't know enough about these boards to know the answer, but: is it possible to have ownership of a thread transferred to someone else? It would be a shame to lose the benefit of 22 pages of information already and I was thinking maybe we could just transition it into the race thread. Any admins out there know?
I could be mistaken but I think you would need a mod to delete the earliest posts until we get to someone who is willing to take on the responsibilities of updating the first post. Worth noting that it seems like most race threads don't actually have this level of organization, racer and meetup info is just provided later on. I'm not doing this weekend but I'd personally lean towards just keeping this thread as is, even if nobody wants to take on the responsibility of maintaining stuff, because we've already gone through over 20 pages of posts here. It's basically the official race thread.

I could be mistaken but I think you would need a mod to delete the earliest posts until we get to someone who is willing to take on the responsibilities of updating the first post. Worth noting that it seems like most race threads don't actually have this level of organization, racer and meetup info is just provided later on. I'm not doing this weekend but I'd personally lean towards just keeping this thread as is, even if nobody wants to take on the responsibility of maintaining stuff, because we've already gone through over 20 pages of posts here. It's basically the official race thread.
Maybe once it gets closer we could do separate thread just for meetups/costume list etc and then we can carry on the discussion here?

For the Disneyland Half Marathons do they ever put Characters out on the road? It feels like it would make it a long more interesting and they already have the road closed anyway.
They can't I'm pretty sure because of them not owning the streets. That's why WDW can but we can't at least from what I understand. I'm legacy for Dumbo and was legacy for Tink. We never had characters once we got past the parks.

It might help if we had a clue who the actual moderators are. Not sure how to even find this out. Unless of course someone starts a flame war or advertises against the rules--then they may appear. Or maybe we can say "RunDisney Moderators" 3x a la Beetlejuice. 😉

It might help if we had a clue who the actual moderators are. Not sure how to even find this out. Unless of course someone starts a flame war or advertises against the rules--then they may appear. Or maybe we can say "RunDisney Moderators" 3x a la Beetlejuice. 😉
I know somewhere in the other DL 1/2 is a mod popping in because of a swhole squabble that went down about what was appropriate for the thread for whatever reason. But I'm not sure where it is in the overall thread. Only that I remember one of the mods popping in and out to lock and unlock. Might be the easiest to contact.

Out of curiosity what were the tweaks from 10K to half last month?
The biggest tweak I noticed was security. It was a slow moving mess on Saturday before the 10K and a much smoother process on Sunday before the Half. To a large degree, runners last month were guinea pigs. New starting areas for the 10K and Half and over 6 years since a race was run in a very different Disneyland Resort than today always meant that there would be some hiccups. I know that some inaugural Disney World races or major adjustments to returning races also resulted in hiccups.

I hope that they learn from what did not go well. I did not stay on property, but I heard about the issues of mixing runners in with regular guests going through security to get into the parks. They will need to address that.

As for characters outside the parks, the Star Wars races would have fan groups in costumes along the course and a couple of those fans were along the half course in their full Star Wars costumes with funny signs "protesting" that Star Wars races did not return. As a reminder, the Disneyland Half this year took place the same weekend as the Star Wars races at Disneyland always did.

But there were never park characters outside the parks aside from at the finish line. Previous Disneyland races never had designated character meeting areas after the finish line either ala Walt Disney World even when the finish line was on Disney property.

The biggest tweak I noticed was security. It was a slow moving mess on Saturday before the 10K and a much smoother process on Sunday before the Half. To a large degree, runners last month were guinea pigs. New starting areas for the 10K and Half and over 6 years since a race was run in a very different Disneyland Resort than today always meant that there would be some hiccups. I know that some inaugural Disney World races or major adjustments to returning races also resulted in hiccups.

I hope that they learn from what did not go well. I did not stay on property, but I heard about the issues of mixing runners in with regular guests going through security to get into the parks. They will need to address that.

As for characters outside the parks, the Star Wars races would have fan groups in costumes along the course and a couple of those fans were along the half course in their full Star Wars costumes with funny signs "protesting" that Star Wars races did not return. As a reminder, the Disneyland Half this year took place the same weekend as the Star Wars races at Disneyland always did.

But there were never park characters outside the parks aside from at the finish line. Previous Disneyland races never had designated character meeting areas after the finish line either ala Walt Disney World even when the finish line was on Disney property.
Thank you! Glad to hear of those tweaks after the 10K and hope they continue improving it for these races!

I believe the rundisney boards are "not moderated" (although I know they occasionally are)

@GADisneyDad14 might be able to shed some light on the possibility of whether merging to a new thread would be a thing that might be able to happen?

I believe the rundisney boards are "not moderated" (although I know they occasionally are)

@GADisneyDad14 might be able to shed some light on the possibility of whether merging to a new thread would be a thing that might be able to happen?

That’s correct, there’s not a specific moderator for the runD board. A Webmaster would be needed to move/merge/etc posts or threads. Generally speaking most mods only have moderator options ‘turned on’ for their board (like in my case, Resorts), but not on other corners of the DIS.

I tried to follow the trail above but it was a little confusing (and my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet) - any way someone could summarize what you’re looking to do so I can go ask the right person?

TY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter