Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

And yoga is gone. Wow cant say I saw the half being the last one standing...
Could it be because of the course? I’m not doing this one but if I were I’d choose flying all the way from the East Coast for the 10K over the half. There would have to be some amazing rare character bling (ie Pooh) for me to run that long, boring, parking lot/highway course again!!

There has to be a better way ... seriously so stressful. I was half successful. I was able to register myself and DD (after mine was completed) for the half. My husband and son wanted to do the 5k but it sold out less than a minute after I completed my half. I was pretty shocked about that, but in thinking about it more, it makes sense. The 5k and 10k courses are really the best with all the park time. Will hope I can catch the 5k when it opens over the next few months, if not may do charity route. I am seriously dreading the Halloween party ticket on sale date. It was such a nightmare last year. I was one of the lucky ones who persisted after they said it was closed, and I finally got through. Coupled with a race weekend, it's going to be a nightmare.

That being said I might have to make an exception with the Chills and Trills pin bundle because I'm worried if I don't preordered I won't get the pins at all with how popular NBC is.
I tend to feel that if you want to guarantee you get something, pre order it. While I agree that not getting the discount is tough, I like how they have a lot more available to preorder now. I will not be getting in until Thursday afternoon. I know I will have the 5K pins even if the Expo gets picked over before I get there.

For the inaugural Dumbo Double Dare in 2014. I was actually shocked at how much merchandise was still available for the return of the Disneyland Half this year when they opened the merchandise line for everyone. Only Half Marathon pins were gone at 6:00pm. At the same time, some apparel sizes were already in very low supply by then.

And factor in how inaugural race merchandise can sometimes sell out almost instantly at Disneyland.

Although this year I was pleasantly surprised at how much was still available when I got into the merchandise line at 6:00pm after they opened it for everyone. Although I would not plan on that being the case again this time.
Yeah I think I'm getting cRD Gold this year when it hopefully opens up in a few month. I would rather not deal with the stress of trying for the VQ again. Like I normally have pretty good luck with it. But I would just rather not deal with it on an innagural year.

Yeah I think I'm getting cRD Gold this year when it hopefully opens up in a few month. I would rather not deal with the stress of trying for the VQ again. Like I normally have pretty good luck with it. But I would just rather not deal with it on an innagural year.
You and me both! I joined silver last year with the hope of having the opportunity to upgrade to gold this year. I suspect that will be a hunger games day as well.

Jumped into the queue late out of curiosity and got to the registration page with the half still open.

Could it be because of the course...that long, boring, parking lot/highway course again!!
Haha!!! So true. I live local to Disneyland and this will be my 3rd Half there and it's so true about the outside-of-the-park portion of the course. I understand that everyone needs to exit the parks before they open to the public, but I do wish the road part of the course was a little more scenic.

You and me both! I joined silver last year with the hope of having the opportunity to upgrade to gold this year. I suspect that will be a hunger games day as well.
Also saves some stress from having to juggle 2 race registrations down to 1. Which isn't my entire incentive for getting Gold. But I won't deny its definitely a reason.

Haha!!! So true. I live local to Disneyland and this will be my 3rd Half there and it's so true about the outside-of-the-park portion of the course. I understand that everyone needs to exit the parks before they open to the public, but I do wish the road part of the course was a little more scenic.
I honestly wouldn't mind if they used the old Tink route. I know its not much but I wouldn't mind the return of Downtown Anaheim. Though who knows maybe will get Angels back now

Though I'll admit I have a love hate relationship with getting to Angels. On the one hand fun. On the other hand not fun hills on the Santa Anta Trail coming into it.

Congrats to everyone who was able to secure a registration this morning! Anyone else surprised the half was the last one standing?!

In case anyone was curious, sellout times for this morning were as follows:

Disneyland Halloween 5K - 50 mins
Disneyland Halloween 10K - 50 mins
Chills & Thrills Challenge - 61 mins
runDisney Kid Races - 78 mins
Disneyland Yoga - 86 mins
Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon - 114 mins

I have done this many times and just did it for this race in registering a friend. Have the friend call run Disney (Disney world, as they run the events still) and inform them of the transfer to you. Then rundisney will email you a link to accept the transfer of the registration to your rundisney account
She was able to do this from her account for mine, but for some reason it went to a new profile for me under my same account, so I emailed them to ask about consolidating. Also, she couldn't transfer my kids' registrations to me since they're minors, so I'm asking them about that too.

Congrats to everyone who was able to secure a registration this morning! Anyone else surprised the half was the last one standing?!

In case anyone was curious, sellout times for this morning were as follows:

Disneyland Halloween 5K - 50 mins
Disneyland Halloween 10K - 50 mins
Chills & Thrills Challenge - 61 mins
runDisney Kid Races - 78 mins
Disneyland Yoga - 86 mins
Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon - 114 mins
Wow, those are longer than I expected, considering the excitement for the theme. Did they expand the field, or did all the complaints from January scare some people off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter