• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

Fwiw Labor Day weekend has been the Halloweentime kick off for a while so it will be interesting to add a RunDisney race in with the vlogger & holiday weekend crowd

Also wondering if this race weekend might lean more towards villain themes considering the time of year
My first thought was that they would try to mix the race in with the Haunted Mansion Holiday kick off. So I could see this being strong on the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Would be cool to have Zero on a medal!

If the HMH overlay timing is like this year, it will be open. HMH started this year on September 1st.
That would be fantastic, if so. I ran DLH in 2016 and 2017 and didn't get to ride HM because of the overlay installation.

My first thought was that they would try to mix the race in with the Haunted Mansion Holiday kick off. So I could see this being strong on the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Would be cool to have Zero on a medal!
Yeah I’m in the minority that’s never been big on NBC. It’s a fine movie I’ve never just bought the sheer hype. Like I’ll come regardless. But that will be fairly low on themes I would want. Even if having Zero would be cute.

Maybe it’s just because it’s currently spooky season but I love this theme! 🧡🧡🧡 Next year doesn’t work for my schedule but hoping it sticks around so I can make it work in the future.
Yeah, I’m gonna do W&D next season because I want the Halloween party on Halloween, but in future years, I’d probably opt for DL since me and fall at WDW has ended up with barely escaping hurricanes 2/3 trips

Flying home from a 3 night Oogie Boogie Bash weekend and just saw this. Fortunately I was able to grab a villa at the Grand. Halloween is my favorite time at Disneyland and this race will be epic. I hope I can be gold club run Disney by then. Registration is going to be nuts! Hopefully there will be an oogie boogie party too.

Flying home from a 3 night Oogie Boogie Bash weekend and just saw this. Fortunately I was able to grab a villa at the Grand. Halloween is my favorite time at Disneyland and this race will be epic. I hope I can be gold club run Disney by then. Registration is going to be nuts! Hopefully there will be an oogie boogie party too.

Both registration and the actual race weekend will be covered by 23/24 CrD (October 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024) :(. Unless a Gold membership pops up randomly for sale between now and February you'd have to wait until registering for 2025.

Both registration and the actual race weekend will be covered by 23/24 CrD (October 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024) :(. Unless a Gold membership pops up randomly for sale between now and February you'd have to wait until registering for 2025
:(

Yeah :(

Great for those that have 23/24 CrD (and this race will be the only one that receive CrD registration benefits and receive CrD benefits at race weekend for the same race in the same year of membership; all others require two years of membership). But definitely a bummer for those like yourself that have been hoping to upgrade.

Okay, we have had a day to think about this new race. Now it is time to discuss important issue- theming and medals. I am thinking: Ooogie Boogie 5K; Jack Skellington 10K; Pumpkin head Mickey for the half (don't want to hear anything about marathon Mickey); Hatbox Ghost for challenge.

Okay, we have had a day to think about this new race. Now it is time to discuss important issue- theming and medals. I am thinking: Ooogie Boogie 5K; Jack Skellington 10K; Pumpkin head Mickey for the half (don't want to hear anything about marathon Mickey); Hatbox Ghost for challenge.
OMG how amazing would this be? I keep telling myself I can't afford this race weekend but the idea of missing it is already killing me.

But the race is the weekend following Labor Day, so I'm not sure how much they will actually overlap.
I've been seeing lots of reactions online bemoaning that it's on Labor Day weekend and I'm like But... It's not...?

I've been seeing lots of reactions online bemoaning that it's on Labor Day weekend and I'm like But... It's not...?
I'm sure people are assuming because this race weekend used to be. Either way it doesn't work with my work schedule... don't think I didn't look :P A Halloween theme would be awesome, even if it won't feel like Halloween weather 🥵

I think, that’s mostly because Labor Day is so freaking early next year, it seems like the race weekend should be Labor Day Weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter