• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

Any hints on not over packing ???
I've stopped bringing jeans, only shorts and those seem less bulky. And I've started only bringing 1 shirt too and wear the race shirts or expo shirt.

Accuweather says more clouds than sun for Sun, but at 85* that means humidity. Remember when we had those 2 glorious years of cool coastal fog? :love: I miss that.

Any hints on not over packing ???

Usually I'm pretty good at packing light, but for half marathon weekend I think it's good to make sure you have everything you could possibly need!

For general packing (not running related), I usually pack a couple of tops and a couple of bottoms that I can mix and match. And I don't normally bother to pack shampoo/conditioner/shower gel since hotels normally supply those things. Also, there's usually no need to take more than 3 pairs of shoes - comfortable walking/hiking shoes, flip flops, and some sandals or ballet flats in case you go somewhere nice for dinner or something.

I've stopped bringing jeans, only shorts and those seem less bulky. And I've started only bringing 1 shirt too and wear the race shirts or expo shirt.

Accuweather says more clouds than sun for Sun, but at 85* that means humidity. Remember when we had those 2 glorious years of cool coastal fog? :love: I miss that.

Yes the fog !!!!! Those were good years !!! Thanks for the packing hints.

Usually I'm pretty good at packing light, but for half marathon weekend I think it's good to make sure you have everything you could possibly need!

For general packing (not running related), I usually pack a couple of tops and a couple of bottoms that I can mix and match. And I don't normally bother to pack shampoo/conditioner/shower gel since hotels normally supply those things. Also, there's usually no need to take more than 3 pairs of shoes - comfortable walking/hiking shoes, flip flops, and some sandals or ballet flats in case you go somewhere nice for dinner or something.

I'm going to try on bring only 3 pairs of shoes. I'm mixing and matching everything else but I'm going to take some of my "options" out. I never use all that I bring anyway.

Shoes are going to legit be my downfall as I'm trying to carry-on. I haven't lost luggage in YEARS, but I just know that this will be the time it happens to me.

Two pairs of running shoes (5k and Half), two pairs of Chucks and one pair of nice wedges. Worst case, I'll pack my thin sandals and wear my wedges on the flight because they take up room. Same with jeans.

One pair of shoes - Red RunDisney Mickey's - good for ALL occasions.
Two sets of running cloths (shirt/short/socks) - 10k & Half
One pair long pants for the plane
Two pairs cargo shorts - A guy needs his pockets
Two shirts for when I'm not running (plus tide travel packets to wash them if needed)
Hat
Sunglasses

One travel sized space bag to pack it all in.

Two shirts for when I'm not running (plus tide travel packets to wash them if needed)
Hat
Sunglasses

You fellas have it SO easy. ;)

Shoes are going to legit be my downfall as I'm trying to carry-on. I haven't lost luggage in YEARS, but I just know that this will be the time it happens to me.

Two pairs of running shoes (5k and Half), two pairs of Chucks and one pair of nice wedges. Worst case, I'll pack my thin sandals and wear my wedges on the flight because they take up room. Same with jeans.

Between running and Disneybounding, I am taking a ridiculous amount of shoes on this trip! 2 x runners, 3 x canvas shoes, 1 x sandals, and 1 x flip flops. Usually I wear a comfy pair of shoes and take a pair of sandals and maybe flip flops lol!

Hat
Sunglasses

That is pretty much what I normally pack :thumbsup2 I feel ridiculous having so much luggage for this trip. Having said that, it was still less than 15kg...

Between running and Disneybounding, I am taking a ridiculous amount of shoes on this trip! 2 x runners, 3 x canvas shoes, 1 x sandals, and 1 x flip flops. Usually I wear a comfy pair of shoes and take a pair of sandals and maybe flip flops lol!

That is pretty much what I normally pack :thumbsup2 I feel ridiculous having so much luggage for this trip. Having said that, it was still less than 15kg...

I visited Australia (Sydney and Cairns) for the 2012 total solar eclipse with nothing more than a daypack, but I'm odd that way.

I visited Australia (Sydney and Cairns) for the 2012 total solar eclipse with nothing more than a daypack, but I'm odd that way.

I usually go carry on only for international trips too (unless it's over winter and I need coats and woolly jumpers. It's just all my Disneybound outfits that are weighing me down lol!

Wish I had good packing tips. I've been local for 3+ years now and before that I was definitely an over packer!

But hey, we're another day down! I have one more day of work standing between me and the Expo, and then 2 days of work until run-time. I'm getting nervous.

Too excited now, 30 hours until flight to SNA. Bags are mostly packed, trying to figure out how to reduce the fiance into one bag!

Work is going to be tough tomorrow!

That's right! I think you get in to SNA around the same time I do!
On the off chance we get the same shuttle or you see me walking through the airport, I'm wearing my '07 Did It shirt. :goodvibes

Less than 1 day!!! 4 more hours of work to get through, trying to find something to keep me busy until then. All packed minus toiletries I need in the morning, then it's to the airport at 5:15. :hyper:

Safe travels everybody and good luck with the race and getting the merch you want at the expo! :mickeyjum:dumbo::mickeyjum:dumbo:

Back from the Chiropractor....bags in the car.....and we are OFF !!!!

Safe travels everyone !!!!

Race weekend, so close! I'll be at the Expo dark and early tomorrow morning. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to sort out my waiver/bib/tracking issues. I'll be working in DCA all weekend long, so if you're wearing anything related to the race weekend or runDisney and you happen to walk anywhere near me I will definitely be commenting ;) It's my favorite time of year.

Safe travels to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter