Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

RE: transportation, did any of you utilize ART/EVE/FRAN for transportation to or from the races or to/from SNA airport?
I looked into it, but it was confusing and the app always gave me the error message that no route was available, even though the website and the driver I spoke to at the transportation hub said that rides should be available.
I wasn't at the races, but have used it every time I go to Disneyland. I think I had this problem too. For the app, you have to switch which line you are looking to ride. So if you want to see the bus from Disneyland to your hotel, you have to make sure you have the ART line selected, it defaults to one of the other ones I think. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty awesome. The bus on demand was always really quick, and often I was the only rider, so it would take me straight to where I wanted to go. The ride to SNA is really nice too, it has like space for six Passengers each with it's on Captain seat, USB plug in etc, and it arrived right when they said they would at the hotel

And there’s no reason they couldn’t have an actual Rey or Chewie photo op.
I was REALLY hoping for Mando and Baby Yoda, even at a distance.

The thing is there were photographers with photo line of the Falcon.
When I went by it was all people taking selfies or handing phones to other runners. Either they took a break or I was in the wrong location. I got a decent selfie, though.

Well I never knew this could be a problem (from Facebook) 😯 View attachment 827039
The whole point of preordering is to guarantee yourself an item, no matter when you get there. This is just WRONG on so many levels!

I still haven't received a survey and am starting to think I won't. :(

Are the surveys coming from runDisney or Disney Destinations?
I got a survey email from Disney Destinations, but when I clicked the link it said it had already expired.

Are the surveys coming from runDisney or Disney Destinations?
I got a survey email from Disney Destinations, but when I clicked the link it said it had already expired.
It is coming from rundisney... I got that disney destinations one.. I was so grumpy about it.. I did not see it till 50 hours later.. so it already expired. Like disney I have a lot to catch up on when I get home, give me a little time before you close out your survey.

Yeah I haven’t gotten the survey either. Not sure if they’re just not sending it to me. Or they decided they got enough feeedback from the AWDs already at the start/finish area. Because we were not afraid to share our issues with the course and security set up when we had a chance

Well I just found out one of the people I know from wheels was admitted to the hospital because she got injured badly trying to avoid crashing into a runner ignoring her.

And people wonder why after every race we’re begging ambulatory athletes to pay attention to our warnings. There’s almost always one of us coming out with some kind of horror story because other runners won’t give us the basic kindness of moving when we’re asking for them to move. Because it’s a lot of easier and safer to for them to move than for us to move.

To be clear we’ll often crash ourselves before taking out other athletes. But this wouldn’t even need to be a thing if people paid attention to their surroundings

(Really hoping some of the Reddit people that were not happy about my post see that one. I know at least one of them is in that group because we’ve tried to explain to her multiple times why it’s safer for everyone for them to move then for us. Even the more nimble of us)

Hell knows I could have easily ended up in a similar situation.

Last edited:
Made it home last night from the DL leg of the trip. My family and I stayed an extra couple of days after the races to fully enjoy the parks. Not sure if this is normal for DL but so many rides were going down. We got several multi-experience passes, so many that we didn't use them all. The biggest bummer was RSR was down when we tried to rope drop it Tuesday and stayed down for most of the day. The next day we were going to buy LL for it but it was listed as "closed". So whatever happened the day before must have been bad enough they didn't even try to open it the next day. We never got to ride it and that was the one ride my 7yo wanted to do. Mom fail!

I am grateful to have done this Dopey to Dumbo experience, but I don't think I'd do it again. I am utterly exhausted from the lack of sleep. I developed a nasty cough in CA that I believe was from the dry, cold air. As soon as I stopped running the cough started to taper. Surprisingly my legs feel like they could get out and run another race.

I agree with everything everyone has already said about the races. There are definitely things that need to be worked out. And there are also things we love from WDW races that are just not possible at DL. I was just a little disappointed because I feel like DL does so many things better than WDW on a regular park day. I assumed the races would do the same. I thought we would be seeing some rare characters but most of them were repeats from WDW or characters you can see during the day. The only character photo I have from the entire weekend is Pete. All the other lines were too long or closed. Kids race was also a mess! I ended up holding my kids back until the very end so they were basically the final two in the entire chute and jogged it by themselves (and the parents who got dropped by their kids 😂). They were able to stop and get a pic with Chip and Dale and we have a handful of really nice finishers pics. The only good finisher pics I have of the weekend😂😂😂

Well I just found out one of the people I know from wheels was admitted to the hospital because she got injured badly trying to avoid crashing into a runner ignoring her.

And people wonder why after every race we’re begging ambulatory athletes to pay attention to our warnings. There’s almost always one of us coming out with some kind of horror story because other runners won’t give us the basic kindness of moving when we’re asking for them to move. Because it’s a lot of easier and safer to for them to move than for us to move.

To be clear we’ll often crash ourselves before taking out other athletes. But this wouldn’t even need to be a thing if people paid attention to their surroundings

(Really hoping some of the Reddit people that were not happy about my post see that one. I know at least one of them is in that group because we’ve tried to explain to her multiple times why it’s safer for everyone for them to move then for us. Even the more nimble of us)

Hell knows I could have easily ended up in a similar situation.

I just want to say I'm grateful for those who gave auditory warnings. I did have a couple wheels come up behind me and I made sure to indicate I heard and that I was moving as soon as I checked to make sure it was safe to do so. Also tried to help out giving warning to those ahead of me there were wheels that needed to get through.

I hope the person you know has a quick recovery :(. There were some nasty, avoidable injuries that happened this past weekend. Talked with a service dog user who had been knocked down and her dog kicked in the face because people were not paying attention and tried to cut between her and her dog. Those people ended up tripping over the lead she was told she had to have for a dog normally off lead to perform her job.

I'm frankly shocked there weren't more injuries. But there were more than there should have been.

I was REALLY hoping for Mando and Baby Yoda, even at a distance.

When I went by it was all people taking selfies or handing phones to other runners. Either they took a break or I was in the wrong location. I got a decent selfie, though.

The whole point of preordering is to guarantee yourself an item, no matter when you get there. This is just WRONG on so many levels!

I still haven't received a survey and am starting to think I won't. :(
Yeah the preorder thing just boggled my mind. Saw in the comments someone had it happen to them with the Dopey pin bundle. So apparently not the first time.
Made it home last night from the DL leg of the trip. My family and I stayed an extra couple of days after the races to fully enjoy the parks. Not sure if this is normal for DL but so many rides were going down. We got several multi-experience passes, so many that we didn't use them all. The biggest bummer was RSR was down when we tried to rope drop it Tuesday and stayed down for most of the day. The next day we were going to buy LL for it but it was listed as "closed". So whatever happened the day before must have been bad enough they didn't even try to open it the next day. We never got to ride it and that was the one ride my 7yo wanted to do. Mom fail!

I am grateful to have done this Dopey to Dumbo experience, but I don't think I'd do it again. I am utterly exhausted from the lack of sleep. I developed a nasty cough in CA that I believe was from the dry, cold air. As soon as I stopped running the cough started to taper. Surprisingly my legs feel like they could get out and run another race.

I agree with everything everyone has already said about the races. There are definitely things that need to be worked out. And there are also things we love from WDW races that are just not possible at DL. I was just a little disappointed because I feel like DL does so many things better than WDW on a regular park day. I assumed the races would do the same. I thought we would be seeing some rare characters but most of them were repeats from WDW or characters you can see during the day. The only character photo I have from the entire weekend is Pete. All the other lines were too long or closed. Kids race was also a mess! I ended up holding my kids back until the very end so they were basically the final two in the entire chute and jogged it by themselves (and the parents who got dropped by their kids 😂). They were able to stop and get a pic with Chip and Dale and we have a handful of really nice finishers pics. The only good finisher pics I have of the weekend😂😂😂
Really rides going down kinda depends on the ride. Indy as me and a cast member were joking around a bit right after it went down on my last attempt to ride it on this trip is a problem child. Like I had out of town friends who wanted to right it and my first comment was ‘let’s see if it’s even open’ because it’s fun. But it will go down at a hat drop. I’m not sure if Dinasour is like that. But Indy has been for as long as I can rememeber

RSR I just don’t think handles cold weather. It’s the same system as Test Track essentially. So what trips one can trip the other.

I just want to say I'm grateful for those who gave auditory warnings. I did have a couple wheels come up behind me and I made sure to indicate I heard and that I was moving as soon as I checked to make sure it was safe to do so. Also tried to help out giving warning to those ahead of me there were wheels that needed to get through.

I hope the person you know has a quick recovery :(. There were some nasty, avoidable injuries that happened this past weekend. Talked with a service dog user who had been knocked down and her dog kicked in the face because people were not paying attention and tried to cut between her and her dog. Those people ended up tripping over the lead she was told she had to have for a dog normally off lead to perform her job.

I'm frankly shocked there weren't more injuries. But there were more than there should have been.
I actually know the handler. We became friende w a few years back after talking while waiting for walkout for MW one year. Missed her entirely this past weekend but hopefully will catch her at Princess.

(I swear we don’t all know each other. It’s just the rollDisney is small enough that most of us have at least met once. And some of us know others beyond the group)

There’s always some scrapes and bruises and dumb stories exchanged between us. But the bigger incidents like with what happened with her. Or with the other girl who crashed into a med tent because she couldn’t make the turn safely because no one would give her enough room. Are the ones that made it out of the smaller group.

Almost everyone has at least one story where they missed or did hit something to avoid runners in our group. And it’s never for lack of trying on our end in my experience

I actually know the handler. We became friende w a few years back after talking while waiting for walkout for MW one year. Missed her entirely this past weekend but hopefully will catch her at Princess.

She was really nice to me, very lovely to chat with. We talked for a short bit and I mentioned a friend of mine that has a "low rider" service dog during our chat. Never gonna look at my friend's service dog the same after hearing her called that 😂

I really appreciate people who are willing to share info so I can pass on what I learn to friends that might need it. Also so I can be more aware of adjustments I can make to not be a hindrance to someone else.

(I swear we don’t all know each other. It’s just the rollDisney is small enough that most of us have at least met once. And some of us know others beyond the group)

I mean, let's be honest: if one is perpetually online it's also difficult to not at least know of someone.

There’s always some scrapes and bruises and dumb stories exchanged between us. But the bigger incidents like with what happened with her. Or with the other girl who crashed into a med tent because she couldn’t make the turn safely because no one would give her enough room. Are the ones that made it out of the smaller group.

Almost everyone has at least one story where they missed or did hit something to avoid runners in our group. And it’s never for lack of trying on our end in my experience

Oh I could see the effort being done to mitigate any issues. It was mostly unaware people causing problems.

Kids race was also a mess!
My DW and I agree completely. They opened the kids activity area late, the races were late (theme for the weekend, maybe they should have made it an Alice in Wonderland theme!) and they put it all out in an open parking lot with no shade. We decided that the kids races weren’t worth the pain of getting to the race area and putting up with the sun. First and last time for us.

As someone who didn't run the half but went to the parks on Sunday, security after the race was a huge one. I waited in line for 30 minutes to get through security and got to talk to a few pissed off runners. This made things worse for runners and regular park goers. We all got delayed. Figure this out - either have a runner-specific line or have a better way to get runners back to their hotels. No reason for runners and park guests to be in the same security lines.
Having a runner-exclusive line would be easy to execute too, just show your medal (which you would have to place on the table anyways since it will set off the metal detector).

Finally got the weekend jacket and shirt! So happy now. I got from the facebook rundisney group from a person who pre-ordered wrong size so I just had to pay cost plus shipping none of the crazy ebay sell up prices. 20240121_084721.jpg
Also love watch spot... first jacket that I have had that and now I want it all the time!

Last edited:
Finally got the weekend jacket and shirt! So happy now. I got from the facebook rundisney group from a person who pre-ordered wrong size so I just had to pay cost plus shipping none of the crazy ebay sell up prices. View attachment 827476
Also love watch spot... first jacket that I have had that and now I want it all the time!

Those groups have been really fantastic getting things at cost. It's not stopping the reselling situation, but it's at least helping a little.

Something I was wondering— at WDW, cast member name tags show their hometown under their first name, but at DL, they show a character instead. Why?
Just a guess, but I think it's because so many DL cast members are locals so that answer would get a bit repetitive whereas at WDW the cast members come from all over the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter