Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Yeah we saw the line for the umbrella and said hell no. I have a chat going in the app but it's been over an hour and they haven't responded.

We've had a bad experience with Genie+ this trip and I don't think I'd buy it again. Which is a bummer because we loved it last trip (two years ago so kinda a different universe).
I had the opposite experience, but that’s after the disastrous week I had at WDW dealing with Genie+ which may give me substantially lower standards.

Was legitimately thinking about flipping my sleep schedule for Springtime Surprise to sleep during the day and waking up at like 5p for After Hours then just staying up for the races lol.

I never saw a castle photo spot
According to my timestamp it was at 6:08am. I had just gotten in line when the cut the line discussion was happening. Maybe 3 people behind me got in before it was shut down.

It was over to the side of the castle where they usually have a Photo Pass guy during the day.

Just had a plaid announce at the umbrellas they are giving them out. Use it then go back for another.
That’s what we did. The lines moved decently fast. We got 2 between 12:30-1:30 or so. Used for Space and was about to for MF when genie came back so i got one with a 15 min return. Might use the other for pirates in a bit

I waited in the long, slow line for photos at the Partners statue. Met a lot of runners who are all saying the same things we are here, fwiw. Came away with a pretty good shot!

View attachment 825866
Hold god, never seen anything like that Partners statue line. Then went up to the castle and the Photo Pass person there let us form a line (there was a suspicious lack of a long line there), and only when someone finally asked did they say that they were stopping photos for one of the marching bands or something. Didn't have the best luck with photos initially 😂 Made out okay in Toontown, maybe a 20-25 minute wait at Mickey's house for a picture with the mouse.

I waited in the long, slow line for photos at the Partners statue. Met a lot of runners who are all saying the same things we are here, fwiw. Came away with a pretty good shot!

View attachment 825866
That’s the pic I wanted, but line was crazy stupid when I got here. I have no patience 😂

Did anyone suffer water stop 3? The videos on social media are horrible.

Y’all I am NOT a blizzard beach parking lot lover by any means.....But the three lots this morning MIGHT just make BB more tolerable next year. 😏 Very grateful it wasn’t hot on the course......

seems we all have similar complaints about this weekend. I’m still salty about having to drop $85 on parking between the expo and two races. I‘m fine with a parking fee....just maybe a reduced one. I’m gonna pass for any future DL races for a bit too.....never say never and all that.....

Onward to the 2025 season of races!

What happened at water stop 3? I need to take some time to gather my thoughts about this Disneyland trip because it’s been pretty disappointing. But I want to catch up on sleep and make sure I’m not just my sleep deprivation talking.

But one thing is for sure I’ve enjoyed meeting many of you. Even if it was just a quick hi. @dis_or_dat pulled me along in the half this morning and we managed my third and fourth fastest miles of my club 71 adventure at mile 12 and 13. Who would have thought I’d still have gas in the tank after such an exhausting endeavor. That or I just really couldn’t wait it to end 😂

I waited about 20 mins for my pic at about 10:15 this morning. Unfortunately the sun is shining directly onto my face and it’s bouncing off the medals. But it’ll have to do because I don’t want to lug them all back to the park.
IMG_3322.jpeg

Ok I got on the line at Partner Statue for five minutes, they need an express lane for people who just want to get one shot and dip.
I'm in that line now and was just talking to other runners about that. Maybe have 2 lines. One for people with all the medals that need help arranging them (I've definitely been there). And one for people that want a quick walk up, snap, and go. I do appreciate that they're trying to check with people as they're in line to get photo pass codes ready.

I'm in that line now and was just talking to other runners about that. Maybe have 2 lines. One for people with all the medals that need help arranging them (I've definitely been there). And one for people that want a quick walk up, snap, and go. I do appreciate that they're trying to check with people as they're in line to get photo pass codes ready.
When I was getting pictures there was two other people who had been taking pics for awhile. Photopass ended up asking them to move because they were interfering with the photopass shots. I just don’t think there’s enough space unless people want angled shots and not ones head on with the statue and castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter