• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Add us to the terrible finish line pics! The in park ones aren’t awesome either but the finish line is especially bad- it didn’t seem super crowded when we finished either. I gpt Mike Wazowskied in this one 🤣 I’m in purple and orange View attachment 825562

I only got a picture from the opposite side I was on, so I’m blocked by Anger and Disgust (which are the emotions I feel about this picture 😂😂)

IMG_6761.jpeg

Anyone else have their flight home canceled yet?

They rebooked me but with a 26 hour layover. The 37 minute wait time for an agent is at 75 minutes and ticking.
Yikes! We’re not leaving until Tuesday, so maybe things will get sorted by then 🤞

Yikes! We’re not leaving until Tuesday, so maybe things will get sorted by then 🤞
My second of two flights got rebooked from Monday to Tuesday. The first flight is still on Monday. :headache:

Maybe they can just move the first flight too, although then I’ll need to book another night in a hotel and mine doesn’t have availability.

Anyone else have their flight home canceled yet?

They rebooked me but with a 26 hour layover. The 37 minute wait time for an agent is at 75 minutes and ticking.
Not cancelled but unrelated issues to flying means I’m now going to be in town for longer then anticipated. Glad to be a MK holder right now. 26 hr layover is beyond unacceptable.

Most of my 10k photos are pretty good including the finish. It’s the 5k I forgot to smile for the cameras for! Most of my faces are something like thisIMG_5957.jpeg

I agree this 10k felt so much like a repeat of MW 2023 character wise lol. I had to compare my Rescue Rangers pics, they really just tossed the characters out there at DL and hoped for the best. I never realized how much I appreciated the back drops and framing the photopass CMs do in WDW.

Marathon weekend 2023 5k:
IMG_3579.jpeg

Disneyland 2024 10k:
IMG_2862.jpeg

I think the differences speak for themselves!

Negativity aside, I loved the parks portions of the races today. They have a lot of potential but just need to work out the smaller details. Or larger details, in cases like security :rotfl:

Something weird happened in the Chip and Dale line. They warned of a hard sweep at mile 6 and we had to be there in 15 minutes. Then about 5 mi minutes later, they said 8 minutes before the hard sweep at mile 6. At mile 5, someone said we were 3 minutes behind pace.

Suffice it to say, the hard sweep did not happen according to what they said. Maybe they said it to scare people into picking up the pace. It was a rough finish that left me uneasy for tomorrow, but I think I've worked through everything.

Eek! That’s weird and frustrating. Did you get the pic? How long did the line take? I Want to stop more tomorrow.

So looking at the RD Facebook, they were taking pics of the back side of the castle at some point. But I didnt see anyone. But it was pretty dark

Though if y’all do want funny 10k photos, I’m not sure where this is off the top of my head. But it was definitely coming up a hill. As I was focusing on pushing and so was a friend who has similar photos

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5961.jpeg

With bonus of me checking on my tire coming out of Carsland missing the cameras completely;

IMG_5959.jpeg

IMG_5960.jpeg

Something weird happened in the Chip and Dale line. They warned of a hard sweep at mile 6 and we had to be there in 15 minutes. Then about 5 mi minutes later, they said 8 minutes before the hard sweep at mile 6. At mile 5, someone said we were 3 minutes behind pace.

Suffice it to say, the hard sweep did not happen according to what they said. Maybe they said it to scare people into picking up the pace. It was a rough finish that left me uneasy for tomorrow, but I think I've worked through everything.
Wouldn’t the balloons have to pass you for a hard sweep to happen? Like that seems like the math is off here on their end.

The fact I knew this was taken right before we pushed off because it went from ‘no lights’ to ‘bright lights’ very quickly

IMG_5964.jpeg
(Can’t see me in the ground part of the photo but I’m on the far right in the jumbo Tron)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter