Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Thanks DopeyBadger! Hi everyone, it's been awhile....

RACE - 10K
DIS'er names - Jackie Skellington
Costume/Clothing - Minnie Mouse
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10-11min
Club runDisney Platinum? -
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Maybe!
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early

RACE - 1/2
DIS'er names - Jackie Skellington
Costume/Clothing - Up Theme
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 12-13min
(Yes or No) No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Middle or Front

For anyone interested, I found a few runners who have Strava Premium who ran the 2017 Superhero HM which is close to the same course as we're using for Disneyland 2024. But it's not exactly the same.

1704163272990.png

1704163335131.png

https://www.strava.com/activities/1272479717/overview
https://www.strava.com/activities/1272288157
https://www.strava.com/activities/1272441449/overview

Their data shows that the course is flat (about 7 ft/mile gain). The overall grade adjusted pace for the course is 0. The "worst" mile is around 6.5-7.5 which needs an adjustment of 5 sec/mile from flat. So if you were aiming for a 10:00 min/mile, then the equivalent effort in that mile would be a 10:05. So overall the course has a negligible hill effect on your final pace goals and performance.

Next question when looking at the map... where are bathrooms going to be in the half? I only did the 10k in Disneyland so using bathrooms in the parks. But after we leave the parks how many bathroom opportunities do u think there will be?

While I can't guarantee it, I would say the most likely places are the water/aid stations outside of the parks themselves. So mile 4.8, 6.8, 8.2, 8.8, 9.1, 10.5, 11.8,

The start of figuring out pre-race meetup locations and the Disneyland DIS List:

5k - Friday

View attachment 821185

Race starts inside Disneyland just to the southeast of the castle. The last time I was able to find a race starting inside the Disneyland park was in 2013. Here's a youtube video for reference.

I can't tell if there were corrals that year either, but it doesn't look like it based on the bibs.

Based on the event guide, the staging area and corrals open at 4:00am with a race start at 5:00am. There doesn't appear to be a queueing area other than the corrals themselves. So maybe meeting up outside one of the Main Street USA buildings from like 4:00-4:20am and then people can be on their way if desired. Maybe Plaza Point which is the last building on Main Street USA before you reach the main circle area.

I did the Neverland 5k that started inside the park. They didn’t have formal corrals, but had CMs there to break up people into groups, so it was still a staggered/wave release starting right by Plaza Inn. We were able to enter into Main Street and walk toward the Hub before starting. They set off fireworks right around the castle itself to start the race, which was awesome (way better than the usual fireworks at the starting line).

RACE - 10K
DIS'er name -
AmericanItGirl
Costume/Clothing -Hydra Academy Gym Uniform. When they did the Agents of Shield auction for Propstore Hollywood, I splurged on a few items, including Ruby Hale’s stunt double’s gym uniform for the Hydra Academy. So I will be wearing that (likely over leggings and a long-sleeve tshirt). If you see someone wearing an outfit like this, then it’s me.
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 15 min/mile
Club runDisney Platinum? - No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - sadly No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front out of fear of being swept
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early bird
Expected Race Pace - 12-14 min/mile, although I’m going into it without having done my usual formal training following the Galloway training plan that runDisney has created (first time I’m winging it on a Disney run)

Hi all! Running the half with my teenage son. I can’t find what time they close entrance to the corrals?
I seem to remember leaving the hotel at 4ish in 2017 and it working well. But that seems like it might be cutting it too close for this. I don’t like sitting around waiting for hours, but don’t want to stress either! Our hotel 0.5 mile from the staging area. We didn’t submit a time so not sure where we will be in terms of corral. My son is fast and will be ditching me early on,..

Was scrolling through the guide looking for something else entirely I saw in a group I’m in. And happened accross this. I know some people had questions about food pre race so thought it would be good to share

IMG_5742.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5744.png
    IMG_5744.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
RACE - 10K
My name- Valarie
DIS'er names -pluto377
Costume/Clothing - Magic Carpet from Aladdin
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8:00-10:00
(Yes or No) No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Expected pace- 12:00

RACE - 1/2
DIS'er names - pluto377
Costume/Clothing - Anna
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 2:16-2:30
(Yes or No) No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Middle or Front
Expected pace- 14:00-15:00

RACE - 5k
Name - Bree
DIS'er name - Bree
Costume/Clothing - regular running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8-10 estimated pace
Pre-Race Meet-up? - maybe
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - middle
Expected Race Pace - Running with my daughter so it’s whatever she does.

RACE - 10K
Name - Bree
DIS'er name - Bree
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 53:22 10K POT
Expected Race Pace - 10ish between character stops

RACE - Half
Name - Bree
DIS'er name - Bree
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 53:22 10K POT
Expected Race Pace - 10ish between character stops

RACE - 5k
Name - Janell
DIS'er name - jodeja
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10 - 12 min/mile estimated pace
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Aspirations to be early, but most likely on the later side 😂😴
Expected Race Pace - 14-ish?

RACE - 10K
Name - Janell
DIS'er name - jodeja
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 12 - 14 min/mile estimated pace
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Aspirations to be early, but most likely on the later side 😂😴
Expected Race Pace - 14 - 15ish

RACE - 5k
Name - Alex
DIS'er name - Novatrix
Costume/Clothing – Either Mickey Mouse or one of the WDW race shirts
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8-10 estimated pace
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late
Expected Race Pace – No clue. Taking my time enjoying the parks.

RACE - 10k
Name - Alex
DIS'er name - Novatrix
Costume/Clothing – Donald Duck
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration – 3:36 marathon POT

RACE – Half Marathon
Name - Alex
DIS'er name - Novatrix
Costume/Clothing – Disney Tour Guide
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration – 3:36 marathon POT

Hoping not too late with this tag but @The Expert if you could update my 10k costume to mention to say I'm doing Bingo from Bluey that would be great. Finally settled on my last outfit. Just got to get the things in.

Sorry I changed my mind again doing Bluey. Decided I already have the skirt and Bolder doesn't have one in orange. So Bluey is easier to do. Just need the shirt. Sorry to make you change it again
I'm sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Orlando, so no harm done! Just flagging the info I need to add or update.

I'm sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Orlando, so no harm done! Just flagging the info I need to add or update.
At least I caught you at a down time. I'm not entirely sure why I finally figured out what I wanted to do now with a week to go and thus making me have to scramble for an outfit a week out from the race. But at least I guess I didn't figure it out when I was packing for the trip on Friday?

(long story short stuff is going out ahead of me by a few days to keep airline from damaging my racer again)

I missed this in the event guide, but the Disneyland HM has a Corral G. Pacer info was listed on Facebook.

1704293200816.png

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 8.48.27 AM.png

That means we should be getting our expo passes and bib numbers soon because the Galloway pacers have been assigned. Like I did in the Marathon Weekend thread, I can keep track of assignments for everyone. So when you get your bib number, be sure to also include what you used as POT or estimated finish time and it'll help make the process easier. I'll be curious how they distribute runners with 7 corrals but presumably the following (sub 2, 2:00-2:15, 2:15-2:30, 2:30-2:45, 2:45-3:00, 3:00-3:15, 3:15-3:30).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter