• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

A chothing question for those recent rD runners. Regarding the race shirts that rD gives you when you sign up for a race, how is the fit?? I've "heard" the quality isn't like the Champion Shirts we used to have in the past. I was just wondering if they are true to size and so on. Thanks
I get women’s XL in runDisney shirts and that’s the size I usually wear in everything else, so I would say they’re true to size. I can’t speak to the quality vs older shirts, since I’m new to Disney running.

So trainer basically confirmed my suspicion which is no 5k for me. (He’s not entirely enthusiastic about Dumbo either but I’m in with legacy. And we have 11 months. So he can deal with it). So I’m going to wish y’all luck. And catch ya on the flip side. Since I won’t be joining in on the mayhem tomorrow.

Anyway one else having trouble sleeping.... marathon 2023 I was not this worried because I was just registering for the marathon and those historically are the last to sell out. Now I am trying for the challenge. Eep.

Ohh also remember when u are done registering put the other links on here to help out your fellow disboards. We are a team. Goodluck everyone.

Anyway one else having trouble sleeping.... marathon 2023 I was not this worried because I was just registering for the marathon and those historically are the last to sell out. Now I am trying for the challenge. Eep.

Ohh also remember when u are done registering put the other links on here to help out your fellow disboards. We are a team. Goodluck everyone.
Yes, I even had a "nightmare" regarding registration. I slept through it. I usually get those types of nightmares before the races.

A chothing question for those recent rD runners. Regarding the race shirts that rD gives you when you sign up for a race, how is the fit?? I've "heard" the quality isn't like the Champion Shirts we used to have in the past. I was just wondering if they are true to size and so on. Thanks
I loved the shirts from MW this year. Pretty lightweight, fairly breathable for a cheap shirt, not scratchy. I'm picky about my running clothes and I am enjoying doing training runs in them. The stitching quality is pretty shoddy but if you can sew it's an easy fix if threads come undone. Regarding sizing, I prefer the men's fit and the fit was pretty generous/relaxed. I usually size up to a medium for a comfier fit in your standard Gildan tees/sweatshirts or unisex WDW apparel but I was fine staying in a men's small. Usually you can swap sizes at pickup provided they have your desired size available.

I just got off the phone with my friend and here are our plans:

1. 10K for her & Dumbo for me; then go back in and try to get two 5K bibs for us
2. If the 10K is sold out, half for her and Dumbo for me; no 5Ks
3. If Dumbo is sold out, 10K for her and half for me; then go back in and try to get two 5K bibs

I have a queasy feeling about this...:crazy2:

I just got my flights booked to jump from Orlando to LAX! Now to wait for SW so I can book the rest of my flights :P

SW doesn't have any mid-week non-stops from WDW to DLR, so I went with Delta.

And now to get some sleep. 10AM EST will be coming way too soon.

Yeah the link will show up on the event page sometime before reg time tomorrow. Note it doesn’t exactly matter when you join the queue because they just kinda randomly sort you. And your left hoping one of the browsers gets you a good spot and in and out before filling.

Last time when I did Springtime. People were sharing queues (because RunDisney says don’t have multiple devices open but yeah no one listens) once they got their reg done for other people to use.

So if you end up in the back with a long wait. Keep an eye out on here.

Queue It has been discussed and dissected fairly regularly for a couple years now over on the DLR side of things and many of us are very familiar with it 😁. DLR started using them at least since the 65th merch drop in 2020. Disney really hinders the full functionality of it, though, sadly.

Also good to note that they've started hiding the Queue IDs for DLR related things. OBB was missing them from general sale and going forward since then. You have to go into the code to find it.

Hopefully since it's runDisney they won't implement DLR practices of hiding the Queue IDs. But people should be prepared it might be a little more challenging.

I believe this is true if you join the queue before 10 a.m. ET, but if you join after that, you get added to the end of the queue. Unless of course it's another MW cluster🤬, in which case who even knows.

This is how it's supposed to work. Only those in the waiting room are supposed to be placed randomly into the queue and time that one entered the waiting room for the queue to open doesn't matter. Everyone else is supposed to be placed in order of arrival.

There was at least one DLR event with Queue It where I had some new queues (opened an hour or so after the queue opened) open sooner than at least one I opened starting in the waiting room prior to the queue opening. I think that was DLR reopening, though. Others since then seem to behave like they should.

Good luck to everyone today and hope you get the race/ challenge you want! I’m unfortunately going to be on a plane and will have to hope the half doesn’t sell out for a few hours (I doubt there’s much chance of that) or that it reopens periodically.

This sounds like a silly question in my head, but the price we see is the price we pay, right? They said they already included the service fee. There's no sales tax we need to worry about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter