• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

So….. since registration is going to be smooth sailing since only the people on this thread are even going to be online…. What is everyone registering for?

Me:
DH, Me, DS 13, DD 11 5K
DH, DS 10K
Me ugh. Still undecided between half and challenge. Let’s say challenge
Challenge is the priority for me, if not that then I think I’ll aim for just the half.

For my family it's

DDD for DW
5k for her, my DD and me.
Yoga for my DW and DD.

My DW is going for C2C with MW, so I'm just really nervous about getting this all in in time on Tuesday. Yup, I'm on the anxiety couch with the rest of you! :)

ha! No kidding! All aboard the Anxiety Train! lol

ETA:

I'm just looking to register for the HM. My DBF will come along for the vacation and to be my cheer team, lol

Last edited:

I'm looking to register me & a friend for the half. It's my first time trying to register someone else along with myself, so I am not confident I'm going to get it done a) correctly and b) before it sells out. I'll do my best!

Grand is booked due to people walking... blah. I get it and not mad at it, but I dont want to run if I cant stay at VGC. The Westin is charging $777/night right now for DL Half weekend.........

typically I never have issues at 11 months, but THE RUNNERS ARE COMING :)

You will probably see availability open up if/when people don't get into the race. Personally, I started walking as soon as they announced the dates.

Grand is booked due to people walking... blah. I get it and not mad at it, but I dont want to run if I cant stay at VGC. The Westin is charging $777/night right now for DL Half weekend.........

typically I never have issues at 11 months, but THE RUNNERS ARE COMING :)

Yep, some of us have owned at VGC for the sole purpose of rD weekends. 🙃

You will probably see availability open up if/when people don't get into the race. Personally, I started walking as soon as they announced the dates.
I did too. I ultimately switched to a 1 bedroom once the points dropped after the holidays. I agree availability may open if people don’t get in.

As far as registration goes…. I think I’ll task DH with getting everyone in the 5k and I’ll focus on myself for the challenge or half. Then whoever got through first will go back in for DH and DS 10K. we’ll See how that works out…

I'm trying to be cool and calm about Tues. I will register for myself and DH is on his own. Then we need 3 bibs for the 5K. I think I will go back and do research on the numbers game and see how many participated in the DL 1/2 race weekend last time to get a sense how many runners there could be.
I will be SO disappointed if we don't get in. On the other hand.....I may then get a Hawaii trip instead.🏖️

My priority is DDD. My ideal is DDD, 5K, and yoga :rotfl:. My wallet after tomorrow may tell me I have to choose between 5K and yoga.

I might purchase DDD and then go back and try for the others just to be safe.

I'm so nervous 😬

I thought MW 2023 registration was bad but then I went though verified fan (unsuccessful) and capital one presale for Taylor Swift and now I feel like Disneyland can’t be nearly so bad. Famous last words! I will have to watch my HR spike. For both MW and Taylor it jumped to 105-110. That is my brisk walking HR:rotfl:

Gotta love Disney IT. I just signed into my RunDisney account to make sure my credit card was updated, but I can't get into the account. It just keeps circling with "you need to sign in to access" and then once I sign in it takes me back to the dashboard, and I get the sign in again if I try to access my account. So I can see my races, but I just can't get in my profile. Oh well, I guess I won't worry about it until Tuesday.

Gotta love Disney IT. I just signed into my RunDisney account to make sure my credit card was updated, but I can't get into the account. It just keeps circling with "you need to sign in to access" and then once I sign in it takes me back to the dashboard, and I get the sign in again if I try to access my account. So I can see my races, but I just can't get in my profile. Oh well, I guess I won't worry about it until Tuesday.

I'm going to be using a Disney Gift Card, so manual entry or bust! Oh the number will already be in Notepad!

Trying to decide if we are going to have our son (will be 2 at the time of the race) registered for the kids races. Can anyone tell me more (or point me to a thread) about the kids races and how they work? Can both parents run with him, or just one?

Trying to decide if we are going to have our son (will be 2 at the time of the race) registered for the kids races. Can anyone tell me more (or point me to a thread) about the kids races and how they work? Can both parents run with him, or just one?
We don't know if there will be changes to them in this iteration, but the last kids races were done at the finish line (all the races in 2017 used the same finish line). They were done after the completion of the 10k. Only one parent was allowed to run per child.

There's information from 7 years ago about a 1/3 of the way down this page:

https://whyirundisney.com/2016/08/12/disneyland-half-marathon-event-guide-and-corrals-are-here/

Again things may change between then and now, but this should get you an idea.

2017 Disney World Marathon Weekend Kids Race
2018 Disney World Marathon Weekend Kids Race

My daughter did the Kids race at MW in 2015-2018. I believe in 2016 both my wife and I ran with her. My recollection is that they encourage you to have only one parent, but it was not strictly enforced. Only one of us was with her for 2017-2018.

An old youtube video, but it does have a few tidbits about Disneyland kids races.

Back in the day I believe it was only one parent. (Things could be different now) DH used to run with our mousketeer and I would cheer and take photos on the side line. It is fun and I hope you have a chance to do it. The length of the run depends on the kids age range.

I just signed into my RunDisney account to make sure my credit card was updated,
I just logged into my RunDisney account to make sure our credit information is updated. Although I don't see anywhere that can even be updated. "My Profile" has everything but that information. Otherwise I just have 'Dashboard' and 'My Registrations' either holds that kind of info. I'm curious where people are making sure their credit info it updated.

I just logged into my RunDisney account to make sure our credit information is updated. Although I don't see anywhere that can even be updated. "My Profile" has everything but that information. Otherwise I just have 'Dashboard' and 'My Registrations' either holds that kind of info. I'm curious where people are making sure their credit info it updated.

Your runDisney account does not keep credit card info. You will have to key it in manually during your registration or do a cut & paste from somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter