• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Do you mind me asking what the rate was?
I am sure they are subject to change, but sure!

for 1/11/24-1/14/24 (3 mights)
Standard view was $1751.49
Deluxe view was $1867.32
Downtown Disney view was $2158.65
Club Level standard view was $2769.39
Club Level Pool view was $2997.54

All of those quotes they gave me included tax. First night deposit required and full refund if canceled outside of 5 days before arrival. Forfeit the first night if canceled within 5 days of arrival.

So I think I just screwed up my chance to get in - accidentally booked a flight and I'll be in the air when registration opens (not sure I really had any other options). I figure the combination of Disney IT and in-flight wifi may be too much!

Did I miss something? Have they posted the routes yet, or are you looking at previous year routes?
Yeah sorry I was just speculating based on the old route. I honestly don’t think they’re going to mess with the in park portion that much.

Conceivably we could go not East out of the park. And take one of the other old routes. But I think with it being off season the old Disneyland 1/2 route will probably be back

Because why mess with a known working formula.

Also add me to the booked hotel. Going to be at DLH. Can’t beat the sheer level of accesibility of rolling out from my hotel room there if they keep the same set up.

Also talked with my Dad about some of the other hotels. Not as a plans to stay there but as comparison. Places are already booking up for the weekend with the Good Neighbors. So if you have somewhere in mind your wanting to stay best to act now cancel later if you don’t get a bib

Also talked with my Dad about some of the other hotels. Not as a plans to stay there but as comparison. Places are already booking up for the weekend with the Good Neighbors. So if you have somewhere in mind your wanting to stay best to act now cancel later if you don’t get a bib

BWAI is one of those. When I first checked about a week ago, there were 6 room types available. Now there's only 2. Either they're taking them offline, or people are booking at a noticeable rate. One of you said that BWPP and BWAI both have a relatively small number of rooms, so that isn't helping.

We own at VGC so I just booked my room for the race. Now I just have to get a bib. Should be easy, right? :rotfl: Dreading next Tuesday morning already.

Same 😭 (the dreading, not the DVC lol). I've never had to register for a runDisney race on my own without early reg since I stopped doing them after the DLR races were paused. I'm trying to make peace I may get nothing or only one thing I want to do.

I figure DDD is my priority. Then need to decide if 5K or yoga is more important.

There's also a few that haven't even opened those dates yet. They say "sold out" when you search, but they never became available. Hoping they open soon 🤞. But I'm also not worried about hotel honestly. I don't mind driving in if need be from a little further away. Wouldn't be the first time lol

BWAI is one of those. When I first checked about a week ago, there were 6 room types available. Now there's only 2. Either they're taking them offline, or people are booking at a noticeable rate. One of you said that BWPP and BWAI both have a relatively small number of rooms, so that isn't helping.
I think the double whammy of it being MLK weekend and people preemptively booking is starting to hit the systems. Dad said 4 of the nearby Marriotts were completely booked for the dates we wanted already supposedly if they just haven’t opened yet. And Marriotts aren’t exactly small.

Heck the Fairfield I normally stay at was asking for a 1000 bucks a night apparently. Out pricing the cost of the DLH room we got by a nearly double. (2800 for standard view for 5 nights in case anyone is wondering)

Seriously, do NOT PANIC about rooms at this point! I'm a frequent traveler and I'm not even going to book until at least May. And once I do, I'll check back regularly for adjusted (lower) rates and rebook as necessary.

The reason it looks like they are booking up right now is because they don't release their whole inventory this early. Some hotels haven't released any at all yet. They make just enough available for the panic buyers who HAVE to book a room and be there for specific dates, which is also why the prices are so high.

Seriously, do NOT PANIC about rooms at this point! I'm a frequent traveler and I'm not even going to book until at least May. And once I do, I'll check back regularly for adjusted (lower) rates and rebook as necessary.

The reason it looks like they are booking up right now is because they don't release their whole inventory this early. Some hotels haven't released any at all yet. They make just enough available for the panic buyers who HAVE to book a room and be there for specific dates, which is also why the prices are so high.
Thank you for this reassurance. I want to do a whole package, but I’m obviously at the mercy of when Disney decides to release 2024 this summer.

Fair enough. I'll keep checking and see how things pan out as the year progresses.

I think the double whammy of it being MLK weekend and people preemptively booking is starting to hit the systems. Dad said 4 of the nearby Marriotts were completely booked for the dates we wanted already supposedly if they just haven’t opened yet. And Marriotts aren’t exactly small.

Heck the Fairfield I normally stay at was asking for a 1000 bucks a night apparently. Out pricing the cost of the DLH room we got by a nearly double. (2800 for standard view for 5 nights in case anyone is wondering)

It looks like that The Marriott hotels haven't released inventory, or have it priced so high that they're not worth it at the moment.

Yes, far too early to worry about rooms. They won't book up this far out by any means. They aren't even available publicly yet and even when they do they won't sell out instantly.

BWPP has been open for a few weeks. I just call directly and I did that the day after the DL 1/2 was announced.

I’m going to play optimist as someone who 1. ran this weekend twice 2. visited the area on MLK weekend a couple of years after that 3. booked all three hotels in my traditional fashion, which is to say I was very late. Never had a problem with booking. Obviously if you want peace of mind by getting it taken care of early that’s ok but I doubt any hotel has been fully booked or close to it at this point.

Sorry wasn’t trying to cause a panic genuine. Was only trying to be helpful
'
AS @Disneyhanna said, a bunch of hyper-planners, so having things in place is just how we do. Like I have my DVC room for MW already set up, so it's like I want all the lodging secured.

The change in dining at WDW from 180+10 to 60+10 is still taking some getting used to. I'm over here in the beginning of July going "Can I book, yet?" The straight up 60 days in Disneyland is going to have me twitch for 5 days.

'
AS @Disneyhanna said, a bunch of hyper-planners, so having things in place is just how we do. Like I have my DVC room for MW already set up, so it's like I want all the lodging secured.

The change in dining at WDW from 180+10 to 60+10 is still taking some getting used to. I'm over here in the beginning of July going "Can I book, yet?" The straight up 60 days in Disneyland is going to have me twitch for 5 days.
And it’s usually 60 days-ish at DL. Sometimes it 8AM. Sometimes 5AM. Sometimes 2. And maybe half the restaurants. It’s very flakey and random.

'

And it’s usually 60 days-ish at DL. Sometimes it 8AM. Sometimes 5AM. Sometimes 2. And maybe half the restaurants. It’s very flakey and random.
I had so much agita booking dining for D23 Expo last year. Especially when things weren't released at 60 days, and just rolled out kinda...whenever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter