Disneyland FTW Question...

Sad to say, we never did receive a brochure or DVD or anything! We really thought we would, and anxiously rushed to the mailbox every day!

Alas, we only received the "generic" email, and thus are flying to Disneyland in less than 2 weeks to get all the good dirt! We will share with you everything they say!

:grouphug:

I promise! We will take pictures of every venue there and post them for you! You are an incredibly patient woman!!!

I love the idea of a reception in the Animation Building at DCA.

HarbinsMom, I've seen photos of receptions that were held there. It is an incredible venue for a reception.

We're some of the few that really like that park.

My family loves that park, too. We're trying to figure out if we can swing a trip there for our son's Spring Break. It all hinges upon whether or not he has to work that week (he's in school full-time but also works for the university part-time, so they might expect him to work over the break).

I'm slowly talking my husband into it.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. Make sure you let him know that it will be more than a vow renewal if it happens at Disney. It's really a unique location for celebrating not only your marriage but also the wild & crazy side of your lives. ;)

Sad to say, we never did receive a brochure or DVD or anything! We really thought we would, and anxiously rushed to the mailbox every day!

Mama of Indybride, oh, someone who feels my PAIN! :lmao:

Seriously, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, what I've shared in this thread (e.g., the screen captures of the brochures that I received) at least helped you a little bit.

Alas, we only received the "generic" email, and thus are flying to Disneyland in less than 2 weeks to get all the good dirt! We will share with you everything they say!

I can't wait to hear what you find out. Thank you in advance!

I don't care if it's WDW or DLR, I just want my VOW RENEWAL!!! I love the idea of a reception in the Animation Building at DCA. He would agree if we could do it at *Soarin*. He loves that attraction. We're some of the few that really like that park. I'm slowly talking my husband into it. I think he'd rather us renew our vows somewhere else, THEN to go Disney. I'm still working on him!

I have a special place in my heart for DCA...;)

The animation building is an AWESOME reception venue! If we had less guests (to be comfortable, 80 is max) that would have been our reception!

The information on the last page of Disneyland's FTW addendum insert really made me laugh out loud (sorry for the poor quality of the scan below):

2296763070_b73ce7f020.jpg

Here's what it said:

Two types of marriage licenses are available:
* Public
* Confidential

If I weren’t married already, I sure would be tempted to get that "confidential" marriage license. I certainly wouldn’t want the paparazzi to catch wind of the fact that I had a marriage license in my possession and had 90 days to use it. :cool2:

Wow! Finally. But the pictures are rather old, and from an older version too. :rotfl:

Okay, where's Ms. Smarty Pants (a.k.a., RangerPooh!) when I need her? If what the FTW folks sent to me was "old," then how come they're still using it in their "current" marketing campaign? See below:

2228269714_0cf01efa22_o.jpg

If you look closely at the photo in the print ad's brochure above, you'll see that it was basically the same photo in the brochure that I received from the FTW folks earlier this month (see below):

2252375984_a808e7ba8d_m.jpg

Just thought I'd point that out, Ms. Smarty Pants. :lmao:

Sorry for teasin' ya, RangerPooh. ;)

On a serious note, do you have your old brochure handy? How different was it from the one that I received earlier this month? Was it vastly different? And if it was, can you share with me the differences? Thanks in advance.

LOL Janet, I'm not really complaining...;)

Oh, I came across my ftw folder while cleaning out my sewing room...I'll see if I can scan some of the stuff in it for you...don't know how snappy I'll be but I will try to get it done!

LOL Janet, I'm not really complaining...

Cryssi, I didn't think that you were. Your event was simply wonderful.

Oh, I came across my ftw folder while cleaning out my sewing room...I'll see if I can scan some of the stuff in it for you...don't know how snappy I'll be but I will try to get it done!

Since you don't work for the FTW organization (at least I don't think that you do), I'm hoping that you'll share it with me sooner than five months from now. So, get crackin', girlie! The clock is a tickin'. ;)

Hi

well i must admit im slightly nervous as this is my very first post on DIS... but i have read so many planning journals and trip reports that my head is spinning

i am, however, disappointed that DL has dropped the ball on their weddings

To get to the point of this post, i just have a question: Does anybody know how much a reception inside the parks would be? specifically a reception in the Animation building?

I'm still a ways-a-way from my own wedding, but I am basically a super organized nutcase who plans ahead for absolutely everything and I really need to know if I can even afford a Disney wedding before I go and get my hopes up.

You ladies are all wonderful btw... my boyfriend thinks im going crazy because I call him all the time practically crying at these beautiful weddings... :laughing:

well i must admit im slightly nervous as this is my very first post on DIS... but i have read so many planning journals and trip reports that my head is spinning

BelleBride2011, welcome to the Dis! I'm sorry I missed this post of yours -- I haven't been on the Dis in a week or so. *hanging my head in shame*

The Dis is a vast storehouse of all sorts of information. Make sure to peruse it at your leisure. You never know what you'll find.

To get to the point of this post, i just have a question: Does anybody know how much a reception inside the parks would be? specifically a reception in the Animation building?

In-park events are the most costly. Since I'm not familiar with Disneyland events just yet, all I can do is relay what Disney sent to me in November:

- - - - - - -
Disneyland® Park Weddings
Disneyland Resort park weddings begin at $100,000.00.
Create a real-life Fairy Tale Wedding inside Disney's California Adventure® Park or Disneyland® Park. Premium in-park events are held after scheduled operating hours, with limited availability, and are priced independently from Disneyland® Resort Hotel wedding events.

For a customized Disney's California Adventure® Park or Disneyland® Park wedding and dinner reception, please contact a Disney Wedding Sales & Service Manager for more information on these very special options. Theme park weddings, receptions and pre/post wedding events are based upon availability and food & beverage minimums.
- - - - - - -

Again, that is generic information. Only the FTW folks can tell you what it will really cost for your time-frame and style of event.

I'm still a ways-a-way from my own wedding, but I am basically a super organized nutcase who plans ahead for absolutely everything...

It sounds to me like you'll fit in well here on the Dis. There are many folks just like you.

You ladies are all wonderful btw...

I agree wholeheartedly. There are many wonderful Dis'ers who share the most wonderful information.

my boyfriend thinks im going crazy because I call him all the time practically crying at these beautiful weddings... :laughing:

Please warn your boyfriend that if the two of you get married in Disneyland or Walt Disney World, he'll be crying right along with you.

My husband got quite choked up during our FTW vow renewal ceremony in WDW three & a half years ago. It was quite touching. I'm sure that if we choose to go through with a vow renewal for our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary, he'll get choked up again. He's become quite the softy in his old age. ;)

Again, welcome to the Dis!

Included with the Fairy Tale Weddings booklet was the following DVD:

2183237439_6a7f863b36_m.jpg

When I popped that DVD into my computer, this is what I saw:

Main Menu:
2249687504_75517d4163.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the “host” of the DVD:

2248676675_ecc221e566.jpg

Everyone, a while back I dug up some old links to some ancient video clips that I found years ago on one of Disney's file servers. I thought it would be a good idea to post those links here since they'll give you a feel for what was contained on the DVD that the FTW organization in Walt Disney World had sent to me (note: the two clips are identical except for size):

Small Video Clip
Large Video Clip

I should warn you folks that sometimes those clips don't load properly the first time around. It may take several tries in order to get them to play. Be persistent.

Thanks Janet for posting the video clips. It was nice to see since I never did receive my DVD or any other information but I am going to blame that on our bad postal system and not Disney! I check this thread occasionally to see if you have received any further information from Disneyland. I am hoping you get some results soon. :goodvibes

Janet,
I haven't been here in ages but I wanted to reply to your eariler post. I went and looked at post 96 (the brochure) and the frst section with the pictures looks exactly like the old brochure. The writen stuff was too small to read. So that I'm unsure of. But it may or may not have been updated.

Thanks Janet for posting the video clips. It was nice to see since I never did receive my DVD or any other information but I am going to blame that on our bad postal system and not Disney!

Shezfrombermuda, I'm glad the links helped. The DVD actually had more information in it than those clips did, but what I shared was the best that I could do. Of course, if I were a Junior High School or High School student, I would probably rip the DVD and upload it to YouTube. But I'm a little too old to do something like that without worrying about a visit from Mickey Mouse ::MickeyMo wearing his Prison Warden ::cop: outfit. But I tell ya, sometimes my thoughts do go down that path. After all, I am human and do get frustrated with the lack of information. *furiously searching for that 'pulling out my hair' smilie*

I went and looked at post 96 (the brochure) and the frst section with the pictures looks exactly like the old brochure. The writen stuff was too small to read. So that I'm unsure of. But it may or may not have been updated.

Hi, RangerPooh! I'm going to post larger images of the Disneyland FTW booklet below. I'll post them in a medium size (approx. 500 x 486). If that's not good enough to view easily, please let me know and I'll post them in an even larger size -- at least 800 x 778 (but I can go higher than that).

Your Fairy Tale Awaits:

2251577861_73c35a2241.jpg

Fairy Tale Weddings:

2251577901_711d31d497.jpg

Enchanting Locations:

2251577933_a4798914a0.jpg

Fairy Tale Honeymoons:

2252376070_0e3e4a3e82.jpg

Fairy Tale Wedding Planning:

2251578001_47aa065ec2.jpg

2251578027_e7a28d4c35.jpg

Fairy Tale Honeymoon Planning:

2252376152_34f018ff96.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter