Disneyland for Spring Break 2022

Apeters430

Mouseketeer
Im pretty clueless when it comes to DL. Can anyone tell me how crowds are during spring break time. Typically the week leading up to Easter?

It’s been a couple of years but when we were there for spring break (end of March) it wasn’t bad in the mornings but pretty busy by mid-day.

Always hard to predict now with covid but I have to assume it will still be a busy time because it’s a time when kids are out of school and families can go.

Spring break 2019 was busier for us than early June 2012 and late June 2014 was, but we went in early march, nearly a month before Easter. My understanding is that it gets busier the closer to Easter.

Horrid.
In 2018 (?) I had researched the dates of the various schools getting out in CA. We went the week before and enjoyed a fairly calm park. I recall a photo dated 3/2 and it was raining.

My husband was attending a comicon at Anaheim convention center. He had so much fun he signed up for Sunday. That forced me to switch our park day to Monday. 😡 We couldn’t even get in the park. The crowds were lined up all the way to the street at security.

We finally got in. Rode a ride, had lunch and left with screaming toddlers.

Spring break 2019 was busier for us than early June 2012 and late June 2014 was, but we went in early march, nearly a month before Easter. My understanding is that it gets busier the closer to Easter.
Yes it does, and in previous years, Disney does some (minor) special events and merch for Easter, so it also drew in a lot of annual passholders (aka locals for OP) so it was doubly busy

Im pretty clueless when it comes to DL. Can anyone tell me how crowds are during spring break time. Typically the week leading up to Easter?

The crowds do get big, but, the hours usually are extended. This is where staying on site when they have MM/EE is such a blessing. It is so nice to go into the park at 7am for an hour before it is opened to the public (especially for DCA because it was truly for hotel guests only). Even though it does get crowded, if fast passes are brought back, or if you plan your day, you can get on the rides you want and have a good time. The weather usually is great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter