Disneyland for Christmas break

platinumperspective

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm new here but joined DVC with VGC in 2021. I would like to plan a Disneyland vacation for Christmas 2024, and stay in one of the two grand villas. I've had no problem getting this room at other times, but I figure with Christmas time there will probably be a lot of demand. Is this a situation where I might need to walk in a reservation? I've been researching this concept after stumbling upon it recently. Now as I watch the calendar 11 months out, even now, I think I see evidence of "walking" behavior. I know this concept sucks, but for right now, it seems like the only way to ensure you get a certain room.

How would I walk this in? Do I have to modify everyday? Any tips? I don't like this concept but we must have the space for my family.

Hi all, I'm new here but joined DVC with VGC in 2021. I would like to plan a Disneyland vacation for Christmas 2024, and stay in one of the two grand villas. I've had no problem getting this room at other times, but I figure with Christmas time there will probably be a lot of demand. Is this a situation where I might need to walk in a reservation? I've been researching this concept after stumbling upon it recently. Now as I watch the calendar 11 months out, even now, I think I see evidence of "walking" behavior. I know this concept sucks, but for right now, it seems like the only way to ensure you get a certain room.

How would I walk this in? Do I have to modify everyday? Any tips? I don't like this concept but we must have the space for my family.
You don't have to walk it everyday. You must modify it before the end of the current reservation to keep walking it obviously. As long as the room is open for you to book it currently at 11 months out and you don't cross use years you can technically start now.

You don't have to walk it everyday. You must modify it before the end of the current reservation to keep walking it obviously. As long as the room is open for you to book it currently at 11 months out and you don't cross use years you can technically start now.
OK, thank you. Do I need to start walking it now do you think? I don't think the actual reservation would be made until January 2024. Do people walk this early?

OK, thank you. Do I need to start walking it now do you think? I don't think the actual reservation would be made until January 2024. Do people walk this early?
I can’t say to be honest as I don’t have a grand cal contract but I wouldn’t be surprised if people did if theres only a couple grand villas at VGC and people want to guarantee their stays during Christmas. However, Christmas is also the most expensive time to go to Disney resorts in general so I doubt many people have enough VGC points to book the GV there for a significant amount of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter