Disneyland/DCA

Lthouseprincess

Mouseketeer
I have never been before. I usually rent an ECV in Orlando. I am wondering about DL and DCA. I can't walk for long periods of time and I can do no more than 4-5 steps and steep hills will hurt like heck. What is it like there? I know that I will still have to wait in the normals line, which is fine but are there any that are like splash Mt or Big Thunder MT? Those are really hard on me and many times I skip them because it hurt too much....

Disneyland defintiely has some hills. To get into Critter Country which is where Splash Mountain and the Pooh Bear ride are you have to walk up a steep hill. We always rent my father in law a scooter. They have always let my father in law and us go in through the exit at Splash and Big Thunder so he doesn't have to wait in line. We haven't been since December however so they might have changed that. I have heard conlicting reports about whether they do this or not, we have always lucked out. You rent them just inside the turnstiles at the main entrance. They are $30 a day (you pay $50 but get $20 back when you return it). You can take the scooter back and forth between California Adventure and Disneyland which is very nice.

One of the problems is if you are staying on-property at DLR. There is no transportation from either Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotel to the parks. Also there is no transportation from the Grand Californian to Disneyland and you get into DCA from a special entrance not near the main entrance. The Monorail stations are in Downtown Disney "near" the Disneyland Hotel, but it goes to Tomorrowland and is really considered an attraction.

I was there about four years ago. I was able to rent from an off-site company but I forget who they were. (Also I was at DLH Concierge and had them do the research and contacting.) You might want to contact www.scootaround.com which lists Anaheim as one of their locations, but I don't know their rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter