Disneyland Days to Visit...

timmytwo

Earning My Ears
Will be flying into San Diego on July 4th-9th, traveling up to Lake Forest for a wedding on the 6th.
Want to visit DL. Would Sunday be a good day or should we come up on Friday (5th) to visit DL. I'm
sure that the crowds will be increased there since it's a holiday weekend but not sure what our strategy
should be. We want to visit Hollywood for a self driving tour also while we are there. Since we are East
coast people we don't know much about the area. We still want to spend a couple of days in San Diego.

Sundays are much better days than Fri or Sat at Disneyland. The earlier you arrive at DL the better; lines are much shorter. I'd try to do the driving tour of Hollywood on any day except Sunday because some restuarants and store might be closed. You may also want to take in Beverly Hills, Venice, or Malibu which are all relatively close to Hollywood. Have fun!:)

Iknow that DL is much smaller than Disney World. Would it be worth it to go to the park on Saturday afternoon around 4:30 until close? Or should we plan the entire day on Sunday?

Hello timmytwo,
I am about 10 minutes from Lake Forest. I don't think I would do an "after 4:30 pm" at DL, I would just devote a well planned day (if you know what I mean) to see everything. There is soooo much to do here in So Cal, I don't envy you trying to decide what to experience and see. Of course as with any busy metropolis, the weekends are much busier than the week days so that is a consideration. San Diego itself could take you a week! (World famous zoo, Sea World, Legoland, Wild Animal Park, Marinas, etc.) The beaches tend to be crowded, but if you go early (by 10 am) it is usually not a problem. Have fun at the wedding and enjoy So-Cal, I try to not take it for granted everyday : ) lulubelle;)

I'd agree to skip the Sat evening at DL, unless you just want to take in the parades and stage shows. Lines tend to be very long and you won't get to go on many attractions. However, if you go the Calif. Adventure that night you could probably do a little bit more because it usually isn't as crowded as DL.

Another idea would be do relax a bit, take in Downtown Disney, have a good dinner, enjoy the stores and see a movie. By Sunday morning, you'll be itching to enjoy your day at DL. Have fun!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter