Disneyland DAS? How does it differ?

WonderlandisReality

DIS Veteran
How does the Disneyland DAS process differ from the process for WDW? We were just at WDW in December and headed to Anaheim in May. I know how to do the video chat. I do know that I will probably not take advantage of the pre-selects (it didn't really work for my daughter's disability). Just wondering if there are any technical differences to the DAS process for DLR. Are the Chat hours the same? All park days still need to be within 2-30 days? Does the Disneyland app work the same when using the DAS in the Parks? Anything I should know about DAS when park hopping (we ran into a hiccup when we hopped from HS to AK, but I had read here to get your first DAS right after you enter AK and I was glad I did because we were right near Guest relations to help).

We waited until 30 days from our last park day to do the call.

For the app in terms of redeeming your DAS - some of the older rides don’t have scan in abilities like the ones in WDW so you might have to go to the ride’s exit to scan in and they get you on the ride through there. I believe this applied to Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and Snow White.

We didn’t have any issues park hopping.

Older rides will let you through the exit. Essentially if no Lightning Lane, probably exit is your DAS entrance.

For hopping: you CAN get a return time from across the park if you go to one of the Guest relations kiosks - they can secure a return time that way. That's one main difference we found between WDW and DLR.

If not doing the preselects, I would just get your DAS in the park. I am a local and it generally only takes a couple minutes. No stress of the call or wait. I usually go to a Guest Services kiosk in the park and get it there. The line is shorter than City Hall and the kiosk on Main Street.

In terms of using the DAS, it is the same. App looks and feels the same to me for selecting rides. One nice thing is that you can get a return time for a ride in the other park before hopping. You just have to stop at a Guest Services kiosk and they will take care of it for you. Although the parks are right across from one another so if you are hopping right away it will not save much time. I like to wander through the stores a bit before hopping so it usually works well for me. Or if taking a break, it helps too. The majority of rides you will enter via the lightening lane, but there are some rides (especially in Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Alice, Teacups, Mr Toad, Pinnochio, Snow White, Casey Jr, Storybook Land Canals) and then Jungle Cruise, Pirates) that will enter through the exit. If using a device or stroller as wheelchair, you may get directed to other entrances or the exit at rides like Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion.

We just get the DAS in the park, and skip preselects. It is pretty much same as WDW, but more rides have lines not WC accessible, mostly the older rides in Fantasyland. So they give a WC return time.

Thank you. I have gotten the DAS in the park before. I do like the privacy of just discussing with one person on the video chat and am willing to wait for that. Not every guest within earshot at Guest services is as understanding as the CMs in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter