Disneyland Castle

that sucks, Im going in two weeks and its going to look like that . First and last time I am ever going there too. Would have been nice to have seen it all

that sucks, Im going in two weeks and its going to look like that . First and last time I am ever going there too. Would have been nice to have seen it all
Disneyland should be called refurb land right now. They are basically refurb ins everything to get ready for the 60th.

Why wouldn't you go again I think it would make me want to go again more so I can experience everything

I live in Florida and Japan so going to those two parks is way more convenient for my family and I. Going to the California resort is just really out of my way. And to be honest if I am going to go to California its not going to be for Disney. This was a once in a life time trip for my family.

Disneyland should be called refurb land right now. They are basically refurb ins everything to get ready for the 60th.

Not really. Disneyland has closed down three notable attractions, one meh, and Small World is coming back on line within a few days. Also the railroad, but that's not major.

For an off season time, guests will have two major thrill attractions. Which notably if you check the closures for MK is the same for FL with SM offline (unless you count Mine Trains...)

Anyway, it's hard to judge Disneyland for the construction when WDW has been moving at a glacial pace with that hub refurb.

Not really. Disneyland has closed down three notable attractions, one meh, and Small World is coming back on line within a few days. Also the railroad, but that's not major. For an off season time, guests will have two major thrill attractions. Which notably if you check the closures for MK is the same for FL with SM offline (unless you count Mine Trains...) Anyway, it's hard to judge Disneyland for the construction when WDW has been moving at a glacial pace with that hub refurb.
The castle is boarded up, pan is down or is going down, alive will be going down again, World of color is down, Soarin down, condor flats is flat and being redone, grizzly river run down, Matterhorn down, etc.

But I will say I'm not opposed to this I think the parks I'll be spectacular when all of this is done.

The hub refurb is not taking any longer than expected. The permits expire in November the first and longest part which was the most/bridge expansion is close to finishing. It's also not a refurb it's an expansion it was needed and the details going into it look great. If you want to talk snail pace I would look at avatar that is slow. The hub is not.

The castle is boarded up, pan is down or is going down, alive will be going down again, World of color is down, Soarin down, condor flats is flat and being redone, grizzly river run down, Matterhorn down, etc.

But I will say I'm not opposed to this I think the parks I'll be spectacular when all of this is done.

The hub refurb is not taking any longer than expected. The permits expire in November the first and longest part which was the most/bridge expansion is close to finishing. It's also not a refurb it's an expansion it was needed and the details going into it look great. If you want to talk snail pace I would look at avatar that is slow. The hub is not.

Remember these are two different parks you're talking about. We could say the same thing about Disney World. Norway Ride down. Backlot down. Facilities at AK down. The list goes on and on. I was focusing solely on Disneyland Park proper.

They're laying down cement and putting in flower planters. It's taking them more then a year. Really?

You do bring up an interesting point about refurb v. new. I'm not entirely buying your argument about it being new because all the work is being done in area previously accessible to guests, it will accomplish the same thing, and it has the same theme. Those are three zingers.

It's also not a refurb it's an expansion it was needed and the details going into it look great.

Alright rteetz, according to Disney we were both wrong. They call them "enhancements." I guess that's somewhere between a expansion and a refurb.

Remember these are two different parks you're talking about. We could say the same thing about Disney World. Norway Ride down. Backlot down. Facilities at AK down. The list goes on and on. I was focusing solely on Disneyland Park proper. They're laying down cement and putting in flower planters. It's taking them more then a year. Really? You do bring up an interesting point about refurb v. new. I'm not entirely buying your argument about it being new because all the work is being done in area previously accessible to guests, it will accomplish the same thing, and it has the same theme. Those are three zingers.
What at AK is down? A restaurant for refurb.. Everything else is open. The backlot has nothing replacing it, DHS is basically a half day park right now they have five rides and few shows. They are taking the gay down which is good. Disneyland has two parks a majority of the people going to those parks are locals and they go to both parks. I'm not against their refurbs or enhancements because it's for good reason but this isn't the time I would pick to go.

The hub is an expansion they may say enhancement but the thing is literally being expanded to be bigger than before the area is adding fountains, new planters, and guest areas for fireworks and parades as well as routes to get around those things. They are also building new castle spires near the castle. The center of the hub is being worked on now. If you look at the updates I posted in the news round up thread you would know what is going on.

What at AK is down? A restaurant for refurb.. Everything else is open. The backlot has nothing replacing it, DHS is basically a half day park right now they have five rides and few shows. They are taking the gay down which is good. Disneyland has two parks a majority of the people going to those parks are locals and they go to both parks. I'm not against their refurbs or enhancements because it's for good reason but this isn't the time I would pick to go.

The hub is an expansion they may say enhancement but the thing is literally being expanded to be bigger than before the area is adding fountains, new planters, and guest areas for fireworks and parades as well as routes to get around those things. They are also building new castle spires near the castle. The center of the hub is being worked on now. If you look at the updates I posted in the news round up thread you would know what is going on.

You were just there weren't you? Didn't you notice the Great Wall of Construction Barriers? Shops and Restaurants yes. It doesn't matter why the backlot is down. It's down. That makes DHS a weaker product and less compelling vacation destination.

It's actually an awesome time to go. Small crowds, short lines, more Disneyland.

Disney's words not mine. I have been following it very closely. It takes them a year to install some fountains and fiberglass castle spires. You have to admit that's not an ambitious time frame.

The massive concrete island will be a great way to cram more individuals in.

I was supposed to be there today! I was tagging along on Bff's work trip that we booked in mid December. Each week I became a little more disenchanted about the trip, between world of color, small world, soarin, splash mountain, grizzly river, I mean the list goes on and on. Two weeks ago I received a phone call from the dining people cancelling my reservation at Cafe Orleans since they decided to close this week too:confused3.

Then I saw posts about the Castle refurb, and on Friday Bff's convention got moved from the Grand Californian to Irvine!!! I was so incredibly disappointed, I didn't want to go anymore, then God stepped in and threw a blizzard my way and cancelled my flight last night:goodvibes Managed to get refunded on airfare, park ticket, and we cancelled the extra two nights hotel that were booked. When we booked, I was so excited to come back, since I haven't been there in 15 yrs. Hopefully I'll have a reason to get there in the near future when things are actually open.

You were just there weren't you? Didn't you notice the Great Wall of Construction Barriers? Shops and Restaurants yes. It doesn't matter why the backlot is down. It's down. That makes DHS a weaker product and less compelling vacation destination. It's actually an awesome time to go. Small crowds, short lines, more Disneyland. Disney's words not mine. I have been following it very closely. It takes them a year to install some fountains and fiberglass castle spires. You have to admit that's not an ambitious time frame. The massive concrete island will be a great way to cram more individuals in.
Yes I was there. There were walls everywhere but big things are coming and there wasn't enough shops and restaurants closed to bother me. No attractions were closed. I'm not doubting DHS is weaker now with a lot closed because it is. They need to do something but it shouldn't have got to this point. They are doing this construction while the park is closed at night which some days is from 1 am until 8 am so you have seven hours. They don't do work on the hub during the day.

Yes I was there. There were walls everywhere but big things are coming and there wasn't enough shops and restaurants closed to bother me. No attractions were closed. I'm not doubting DHS is weaker now with a lot closed because it is. They need to do something but it shouldn't have got to this point. They are doing this construction while the park is closed at night which some days is from 1 am until 8 am so you have seven hours. They don't do work on the hub during the day.

To each his own. It felt claustrophobic to me. That park relies most on it's good looks to be competitive, and it was blight this time around. Disneyland with it's more substantial line up of attractions can afford to have the Castle and a few other items down because there's so much to do. I am understanding to the California Adventure being less then compelling. WofC, two e tickets, and the drained out lagoon are pretty substantial hits to a theme park with still not that much to do. It is offset by the Frozen activities though.

DHS is weak, and has always been weak. It's basically always been at "this point" since the Eisner Era.

Yeah, if they have Seven Hours a day why are they going so slow?

To each his own. It felt claustrophobic to me. That park relies most on it's good looks to be competitive, and it was blight this time around. Disneyland with it's more substantial line up of attractions can afford to have the Castle and a few other items down because there's so much to do. I am understanding to the California Adventure being less then compelling. WofC, two e tickets, and the drained out lagoon are pretty substantial hits to a theme park with still not that much to do. It is offset by the Frozen activities though. DHS is weak, and has always been weak. It's basically always been at "this point" since the Eisner Era. Yeah, if they have Seven Hours a day why are they going so slow?
It was tight in a couple areas I would say mostly on the way to EE from Africa. I agree with you on Disneyland. That's one of the problems in WDW. Attractions are run down to the ground basically. Pirates for example is in real bad shape refurb rumors are all over the place. Phil Holmes VP only wants it down for 4 months supposedly but it needs a good 6-8.

The hub didn't bother me much. Now if was there now during the center of the hub work with Walt in box that would bother me. Like I said the biggest part of the project the bridge and moat expansion is getting close to completed that's what took the longest. It should be quicker now.

DHS needs work, Iger hasn't done anything with it yet. Will he? Who knows. There are rumors but they have been around for over two years now.

It was tight in a couple areas I would say mostly on the way to EE from Africa. I agree with you on Disneyland. That's one of the problems in WDW. Attractions are run down to the ground basically. Pirates for example is in real bad shape refurb rumors are all over the place. Phil Holmes VP only wants it down for 4 months supposedly but it needs a good 6-8.

The hub didn't bother me much. Now if was there now during the center of the hub work with Walt in box that would bother me. Like I said the biggest part of the project the bridge and moat expansion is getting close to completed that's what took the longest. It should be quicker now.

DHS needs work, Iger hasn't done anything with it yet. Will he? Who knows. There are rumors but they have been around for over two years now.

Hopefully. Walt in a box sounds like a bad toy.

I see the cogs slowly starting to turn. They really have already committed with the closure of the some of the DHS attractions. They have to expand.

Hopefully. Walt in a box sounds like a bad toy. I see the cogs slowly starting to turn. They really have already committed with the closure of the some of the DHS attractions. They have to expand.
Exactly it's a matter of when tho. Will we see something open in 2021 and they can say oh it's for the 50th. They need stuff sooner than that.

Exactly it's a matter of when tho. Will we see something open in 2021 and they can say oh it's for the 50th. They need stuff sooner than that.

I agree. I'm thinking DHS is finished by 2019, with a new project announced for the Magic Kingdom open in time for 2021. Either a brand new Adventureland or Tomorrowland would be my guess.

I agree. I'm thinking DHS is finished by 2019, with a new project announced for the Magic Kingdom open in time for 2021. Either a brand new Adventureland or Tomorrowland would be my guess.
It would be nice but I have my doubt based on nothing happening yet and based on how long NFL, and avatar are taking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter