Disneyland California

amybrian25

Earning My Ears
DVC Platinum
What are the most-popular rides in Disneyland, CA?
What spots should we hit first? We will only be there for 1 day.

If you're a regular WDW visitor, I'd focus on rides that are different in Disneyland. Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Space MTN, Mr. Toad, Storybook Boats, and most definitely Pirates (way superior in CA).

If you're also visiting California Adventure, don't miss Carsland, Guardians, Avengers Campus and Incredicoaster.

The most popular rides in Disneyland Park, based on average wait times are:

Indiana Jones
Rise of the Resitance
Space Mountain
Matterhorn Mountain

If you are getting park hoppers, you have to see CarsLand in California Adventure. It is one of the most amazing, incredible things Disney has ever done. If you are only doing Disneyland, definitely ride Pirates.

This is also super nerdy and I know you will be pressed for time because you only have one day, but it's something worth experiencing and doesn't take that long. Take a minute near the partners statue near Disneyland. Look at the entrances to the different lands coming off from the central hub. Think about the fact that this is what Walt Disney imagined, designed, where he walked around when it was being constructed and opening day, and it still exists today.

Last edited:
If you're a regular WDW visitor, I'd focus on rides that are different in Disneyland. Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Space MTN, Mr. Toad, Storybook Boats, and most definitely Pirates (way superior in CA).

If you're also visiting California Adventure, don't miss Carsland, Guardians, Avengers Campus and Incredicoaster.
Yeah this would be my list if you're a WDW Visitor. If you're not, add Rise of the Resistance to the list. Would highly recommend getting a PH to visit California Adventure as they have some really cool rides/theming. Especially Cars Land which is my favorite.

Cars Land...but go at night. It is amazing!
While I love Disney, I'm not really into the whole "magical tear jerky" effect that Disney has on people (like it does my wife), but Radiator Springs Racers and Incredicoaster at night truly is magical. Bonus if you can get on Radiator Springs Racers right at sunset. Can't be beat.

Provost on Youtube always seems to keep first-time visitors in mind. They have a lot of videos with this theme. Here is a recent one, and they have others:

Also recommended here often is Disneyland Daily. Casey is great at laying out strategy and she provides (and tests) one-day touring plans:
https://disneylanddaily.com/

Have fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter