Disneyland before our flight?

antlane

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

My partner and I head to Disneyland in 2 weeks for 3 days. After that we will spend time with my parents in northern California and drive back down to LA for our flight. Our flight back to Australia is at 10:30 PM. We want to make a day trip to Disneyland before our flight. All Disney loving bias aside, would you think it would be a good idea for us to rope drop Disneyland and leave around 5 PM to leave us enough time to get to LAX around 7 PM to check in for our international flight?

Looking forward to your answers!

I think it is a good plan - you will be tired for the flight to help you sleep which will be a bonus!

Yes vote.
If you are buying 4-day tickets, check the fine print and be sure you can use final day of your ticket on your schedule. It's usually 13 days after first use. If you have Australian tickets, I'm not sure if it's the same. It might actually be longer.

If you need to add a 4th day on the ticket to accomplish this, be sure to do it before the ticket booths close on day #3. Adding a day is cheaper than buying a single day ticket on departure day.

Will you be driving yourself or using Uber/Lyft? If driving yourself, download the Waze app and start checking it an hour or two before you plan to leave the parks. That way, if there is a major traffic problem on your planned route, you can still give yourself extra time by leaving a bit early. And if things look wide open, you can squeeze in a few extra minutes in the parks.

Last edited:
Yes! Have done something like this often. But as the OP says, keep an eye on traffic for departure times.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter